BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly, and I have no dog in this fight, I though it was lighthearted tongue in cheek, including the pulling of 'protection' once TBK1 came in.  Like, "uh oh, the banninator is here... I'm out... you're on your own...  ha ha ha..."

I don't think it would have hurt instead of posting "tag" as the 'warning' to say something like,

"GW, you've had your warnings, you better think about what you're going to post.  Seriously."  

Just to make sure that there wasn't any question that it was no longer a joking mood in that thread.  Because I thought the 'tag' line was a sort of joke in and of itself by TBK1.

Like I said, I have nothing in this either way, I read it and it took me by surprise when he was banned.  Kind of like how a good cop warns the drunk about to get in his car and maybe offers him a ride home, instead of letting him get in and drive a few blocks just so he can bust him for DUI.

Didn't you realize? Tagging a thread with a wink-wink smiley means imminent banning if you proceed.

What?  like this?

Tag.  

Are you scared now?  Huh?  Whatcha gonna do about it?!

"And I will strike down upon thee great vengeance and furious anger..."

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
How the hell did what he posted violate the coc?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee........someone got banned for being a complete TOOL.

Move on.

If you do not like the Staff and Mods of this forum, LEAVE.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Move on.

stfu newb
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move on.

stfu newb

Got anything better?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know, for all the time I spend here, I didn't even know 1GUNRUNNER got banned.

What the hell???

he didnt get banned, he whipped out the "N" bomb on CavVet and got a whopping 2 week lock and a demotion from "senor staff" to "staff"

oh how I love how the management is held to a higher standard

Umm, no he didn't.

But whatever.

It's pointless to even argue about this banning crap.  Banning worthwhile posters while letting obvious shit stirring trolls run their bullshit for months (years?) is the name of the game here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just watched the parody, and I really don't know what the hell the issue is here. I have seen alot worse on ARFCOM!!

If you can get banned for something that airs in primetime on basic cable then all is pretty much lost.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know, for all the time I spend here, I didn't even know 1GUNRUNNER got banned.

What the hell???

he didnt get banned, he whipped out the "N" bomb on CavVet and got a whopping 2 week lock and a demotion from "senor staff" to "staff"

Umm, no he didn't.

But whatever..

What happened then?  Search turned up nothing, so apparently the thread has been trashed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm definitely going to have to call shenanigans on this ban.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you can get banned for something that airs in primetime on basic cable then all is pretty much lost.

+1  

I don't see how something that anyone can watch on basic cable can get you banned from an internet forum.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well you can do that but it will make no difference TBK1 will continue to ban people that others like.  You guys need to get over it and move on.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell???

Umm, no he didn't.

But whatever..

What happened then?  Search turned up nothing, so apparently the thread has been trashed.

CavVet did this...
and 1GR said "Is that a woodshed?"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell???

Umm, no he didn't.

But whatever..

Concerning the whole 1Gunrunner/CavVet argument it's locked in the pit still.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=444633
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell???

Got a link?

I soooo have to see that.

in the pit if I'm not mistaken, but knowing staff it's probably been trashed to protect them from prying eyes

Whatever it was, it isn't there anymore....

The fun one can do as Staff
And Cavvet hasn't been back ..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There's gotta be more to the story.

Nope, pure bullshit
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyways according to Eric (Greywolf 2112) apparently it was locked because there was a racial slur in the URL I am not going to say the word for fear of TBK1 locking my account as well.  I know Eric and have for a couple of years, He can't stand political correctness, which my view on this is if the show can air on public access TV during primetime why in the hell can it not be shown on AR15.com  the thing that really bothers me is the following.

We Can Say Hippie, Redneck, white trash, cracker or Honky but don't you dare say a damned thing about any other race or religion.  We are all supposed to be adults here, and we all mostly share the same basic views we hate illegal immigration.

We all hate these things but don't you dare ever ever make a negative comment about any of them, unless it is Protestant bashing then it is ok.  But in the end don't you dare piss TBK1 off.

I have never had any dealings with staff or mods none whatsoever, however I think that, this was taken way to far.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you can do that but it will make no difference TBK1 will continue to ban people that others like.  You guys need to get over it and move on.

I'm going to have to second the "stfu newb."  Team members certainly have a right to discuss how this website is run.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a little confused.  I was ready to pony up the cash for a membership here and now this.  I don't see where something that was aired on basic cable TV could be so offensive to warrant a banning.  And I really don't see where someone tagging a post constitutes a "warning".

But, like I said I'm pretty damn new here, so WTF do I know.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to have to second the "stfu newb."  Team members certainly have a right to discuss how this website is run.  

Well you can talk all you want and it will not do SHIT.

What part of my avater do you not see.

OH THE NOES!!!!!11111!!!!!!!1111111111 I am a NOOB   OH TEH NOES!!!1111!!111

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/deathray187/bannination1.jpg

Say, weren't you banned...?  

... for defending another victim of pre-meditated bannage?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Never mind.

ETA:

On the other hand,..never mind again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Nothing new here.

I was banned/locked/whatever back in 2001 for much much less, and no warning whatsoever.

To make it even more absurd, trolls like gunkid were running around rampant all over the place.  Who did they give the boot???  Me for making fun of a transvestite who sold me a copy of Shotgun News at a local mall.

I have long suspected that perhaps the offended moderator bats for the other team.

signed,
The Rigteously Indignant member formerly known as GySgt_D

Carry on.  I feel better now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Well you can do that but it will make no difference TBK1 will continue to ban people that others like. You guys need to get over it and move on.

I'm going to have to second the "stfu newb." Team members certainly have a right to discuss how this website is run.

XDBACKUPGUN
USER INFO:
Post Number :: 2260
Posts Per Day ::

No seriously, STFU NEWB.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Its Bullshit like this that will keep me from renewing my team membership. I know nobody gives a fuck, but this place gets more and more PC and restrictive. I know, leave. I want to stick around so I can observe the implosion.......
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nothing new here.

I have long suspected that perhaps the offended moderator bats for the other team.

Immagine THAT

Oh yeah. I'll never buy a membership just because I know that it peeves some "Team Members".
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just watched the parody, and I really don't know what the hell the issue is here. I have seen alot worse on ARFCOM!!

Usually in these cases, it turns out that the person who got banned had numerous warnings from staff about other incidents, and just "pushed" it one time too many.

The the final incident that caused the ban might appear relatively innocuous in itself, but in the larger context of an ongoing pattern,a nd some kind of double-secret-probation, it might be the final straw.

Plus, the title of his own thread was "Will I get banned for this"

After TBK1's "tag" post, everyone was noting how he was obviously watching the thread, to which Greywolf's response was ... "what the hell" and went ahead and posted.

So my guess is that there's more to it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually in these cases, it turns out that the person who got banned had numerous warnings from staff about other incidents, and just "pushed" it one time too many.

The the final incident that caused the ban might appear relatively innocuous in itself, but in the larger context of an ongoing pattern,a nd some kind of double-secret-probation, it might be the final straw.

Plus, the title of his own thread was "Will I get banned for this"

After TBK1's "tag" post, everyone was noting how he was obviously watching the thread, to which Greywolf's response was ... "what the hell" and went ahead and posted.

So my guess is that there's more to it.

YES GW was on thin Ice and this made the ice crack and he fell in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#30]
blackbag223 may have gotten banned yesterday for this.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Fellas, how about we not fight in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
blackbag223 may have gotten banned yesterday for this.

I have never heard the "t-word" before? That's a new one for me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Fellas, how about we not fight in this thread?

That is not possible when there are some many people on here that think they are better than evryone else beacuse they have been here longer and have a higher post count, then there are the ones that look down on you because you post a lot.  Some people cannot be pleased.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Its Bullshit like this that will keep me from renewing my team membership. I know nobody gives a fuck, but this place gets more and more PC and restrictive. I know, leave. I want to stick around so I can observe the implosion.......

+1
I do not like the way this site is going.  The Site Staff cannot take a joke anymore.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#36]
This has more than run its course.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top