BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Tim Sylvia sucks. I laughed so hard i nearly crapped myself when he called out Fedor. If Andre kfto'd him and Mir arm barred his ass Fedor would demolish him. Sylvias stand up is sloppy and his ground game is non existant. Its kind of sad that the UFC is pushing him as a top contender.

Don't forget the fact that I've seen better cardio on commercials for "Sweatin to the Oldies."

I think his 15 minutes are almost up.  When Arlovski KO's him again, they're not going to be able to push him as a top heavyweight anymore.  

I love his interview after he barely squeaked by Assuerio Silva and he's calling out Arlovski, 'duh there's a duh guy out there dat uh, got my belt...' and they cut to Arlovski in the crowd and it looks like he's about to start laughing, making the "OK" sign with his hand.  Hilarious.

ETA:  I so badly wish he wouldn't have been able to grab the fence when A. Silva was about to suplex him on his head.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
+1 different rules. They are both great in their own way.  Pride has alot more international stars and UFC is mostly homegrown.  I hope that maybe they will have a face off tournament.  For us fans!

That would be neat, there would be some great possible matchups.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:03:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw where Liddel went and got his ass handed to him in Pride.  Can't remember who though....

He lost to Rampage Jackson.  That was a few years ago.  Chuck has improved tremendously since then and fights much smarter.  He's always had the KO power, but now he's a more disciplined and accurate fighter.

As far as Kazushi Sakuraba being the best right now, that's pretty much impossible.  He's a legend in Pride, but he's never beat Wanderlei in the 2 or 3 times they fought.

I can smell this turning into a Pride is better than UFC thread.  They each have their strengths and weaknesses.  They tend to protect their stars (Feeding Wanderlei cans) and a lot of their stars aren't doing so well right now (Wanderlei losing to Arona, then winning a questionable split decision in their rematch, Gomi getting choked out, Shogun breaking his arm against Coleman, etc.) and the only guy over there who is doing well enough to make the UFC look bad is Fedor.  I'm not saying Pride is a bad organization, I order every Pride championship, but I hate seeing people talk about how much better Pride is than the UFC.  They both have exciting fights with great fighters, and I don't think either one is better than the other.

I'm no fan of Wanderlei Silva either, but yeah he's beat up Sakuraba pretty bad, I think Sakuraba is the more technical martial artist that brings more into the ring. I can drive to any bar on a friday night and watch two men flail at each other. But watching Sakuraba is far more entertaining, and the technical skill displayed by him and many other Pride fighters is why Pride is huge and international.

As for Liddell, I think he is a clown. I dont know how the hell Tito got beat by him. Tito has enormous skill, technique and heart. Rematch required for sure

Here are some great MMA highlights. Some of those pride guys are freaking beasts

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5879181520953687139&q=randy+couture&pl=true
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I relish the day that Arlovsky goes to Pride and gets his ass whooped!

Arlovsky has whooped ass on a few talentless bums. Was given the belt when Mir crashed his motorcycle. He's way too cocky for someone who hasn't beaten a quality fighter.

Who has he beat? [crickets chirping]

Sylvia on a cheap ankle lock? Sylvia ain't shit.
Cabbage?
Buenetello?
Who?

Arlovsky celebrated like hell when Justin Eiler's knee popped out.

Heavyweights in the UFC are a joke. Arlovsky vs. Fedor? That's a no brainer.

HS1 (hates Arlovsky)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top