Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:56:41 AM EDT
Had to run to Super Wally World this morning to pick up a few things. Entered through the garden section as usual and made my way past the toy section towards sporting goods. As I was walking past toys I noticed four of the huge 1:6 scale desert painted RC HMMWV’s. Never paid much attention to them since Christmas, when Quib Jr. and I first eyed them. At $200 a piece there was no way I was getting one.

Well today I about keeled over. The 4 remaining RC HMMWV’s were reduced from $200 down to $40 a piece!!! Well since Quib Jr.’s 14th b-day is coming up the end of this month you can bet I snatched one up and threw it in the buggy!

Frau Quib came home for lunch and couldn’t believe the killer deal I got! So I convinced her that at $40 a piece I ought to go grab myself one as well! So an hour later back at WalMart there’s only two HMMWV’s left! Luckily out of the two left I found one that had a different frequency so Jr. and I can patrol the neighborhood together!

Four wheel drive, independent suspension, TOW launcher that actually launches a missile by radio control, working front and rear lights and built in diesel engine sound effects! The 12V batteries had plenty of juice out of the box that I could get up quite a bit of speed in the house! Can’t wait to see how they do on a full charge!

Now, to get some of those 1:6 scale Desert Storm action figures!

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:58:04 AM EDT
Nice .
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:59:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
Bump for the fellas getting off work. And SgtAR15.………where ever you are.

Anyone know of a good site for 1:6 scale action figures? I need to add some guys to these things!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:58:41 PM EDT
Holy crap, $40?

Those things would make a great mobile sensor platform. Might be a little big for most small cave exploration, but then the suspension and load capacity would be great for larger caves.

Four wheel drive?

Jim
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:02:24 PM EDT
Gotta love those Chinese for them cheap toys! Wish they were around when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:27:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Gotta love those Chinese for them cheap toys! Wish they were around when I was a kid.

Cheap toys? At $200.00 a piece?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:28:33 AM EDT
Toys-R-Us has the Ultimate Soldier stuff, I have bought my son alot of it from there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:38:15 AM EDT
Damn.........Now I have something else to get today......
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:59:55 AM EDT
time to switch out that fake tow launcher for a 10/22 or something
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:04:18 AM EDT
Man I would be pissed if I paid $200 for one of those a few months ago. Nice score, too bad it was from chinamart.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:17:50 AM EDT
I love military toys
Top Top