Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 10:56:41 AM EDT
Had to run to Super Wally World this morning to pick up a few things. Entered  through the garden section as usual and made my way past the toy section towards sporting goods.  As I was walking past toys I noticed  four of the huge 1:6 scale desert painted RC HMMWV’s. Never paid much attention to them since Christmas, when Quib Jr. and I first eyed them. At $200 a piece there was no way I was getting one.

Well today I about keeled over. The 4 remaining RC HMMWV’s were reduced from $200 down to $40 a piece!!!      Well since Quib Jr.’s 14th b-day is coming up the end of this month you can bet I snatched one up and threw it in the buggy!

Frau Quib came home for lunch and couldn’t believe the killer deal I got! So I convinced her that at $40 a piece I ought to go grab myself one as well!       So an hour later back at WalMart there’s only two HMMWV’s left! Luckily out of the two left I found one that had a different frequency so Jr. and I can patrol the neighborhood  together!  

Four wheel drive, independent suspension, TOW launcher that actually launches a missile by radio control, working front and rear lights and built in diesel engine sound effects! The 12V batteries had plenty of juice out of the box that I could get up quite a bit of speed in the house! Can’t wait to see how they do on a full charge!

Now, to get some of those 1:6 scale Desert Storm action figures!

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice .
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for the fellas getting off work. And  SgtAR15.………where ever you are.

Anyone know of a good site for 1:6 scale action figures? I need to add some guys to these things!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy crap, $40?  

Those things would make a great mobile sensor platform.  Might be a little big for most small cave exploration, but then the suspension and load capacity would be great for larger caves.

Four wheel drive?

Jim
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta love those Chinese for them cheap toys! Wish they were around when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gotta love those Chinese for them cheap toys! Wish they were around when I was a kid.

Cheap toys? At $200.00 a piece?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Toys-R-Us has the Ultimate Soldier stuff,    I have bought my son alot of it from there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn.........Now I have something else to get today......
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#9]
time to switch out that fake tow launcher for a 10/22 or something
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Man I would be pissed if I paid $200 for one of those a few months ago. Nice score, too bad it was from chinamart.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I love military toys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top