User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:38:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
da bumpfire
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Give me a minute, and I'll ask the guys next door.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It is friday at 1325.  The army guys are gone....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It is friday at 1325.  The army guys are gone....

typical...

Knowing the Army they probably woke up at 0400 in the traditional Army Tradition.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Greg, it's just good form to buy your date a corsage when going to any formal event. That said, if you're nervous about what kind (pin/wrist/carry) simply ask her. You may want to ask her anyway: if she's wearing a salmon colored dress she may not want a red rose corsage.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Greg, it's just good form to buy your date a corsage when going to any formal event. That said, if you're nervous about what kind (pin/wrist/carry) simply ask her. You may want to ask her anyway: if she's wearing a salmon colored dress she may not want a red rose corsage.

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Bring her a nice orchid corset.
Its the right thing to do and you'll impress the date.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
.... if she's wearing a salmon colored dress she may not want a red rose corsage.

So that explains her attitude at the senior prom.....  Been wondering about that for close to twenty years now...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
In the Army, we improvise, adapt and overcome. Therefore, go thou to the Arts n' Crafts section of Wally World and find thyself some nice silk flowers and a roll of 100 MPH tape. Wrap a few flowers in the OD green miracle mile, and the stick it to her dress with an Expert Marksman's badge. She will swoon. Classy, eh?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't, but it wouldn't have gone with the dress blues she was required to wear.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know its far away but I am just curious do I need to find a place to make one, do most flower shops do them, is this appropriate for a Ball?

Yes it is appropriate. I always like to throw in a pearl necklace also
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In the Army, we improvise, adapt and overcome. Therefore, go thou to the Arts n' Crafts section of Wally World and find thyself some nice silk flowers and a roll of 100 MPH tape. Wrap a few flowers in the OD green miracle mile, and the stick it to her dress with an Expert Marksman's badge. She will swoon. Classy, eh?

Well I do have a spoll of 550 cord!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I will answer the only remaining question.  Yes, any florist can put it together.  That is the only place I have purchased a corsage in the past.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Most women seem to prefer wrist corsages.

It's easier to dance with and you don't have to worry about stabbing them with the needle when you put it on.

IMHO.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will answer the only remaining question.  Yes, any florist can put it together.  That is the only place I have pruchased a corsage in the past.

how long does it take?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Not real sure, but should not take more than a couple days.  Call a florist and see how much lead time they need.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know about army balls, big balls or any balls but my balls, but my wife appreciated single red longstem roses more than corsages when going to formal dances.  Yes, she would leave it behind in a vase.  My wallet appreciated it more as well.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#18]
GySgtD that is cold man. Its Friday and I would tell my men to go home and be with family and cover the office myself. No swety da chingo. Now about the corsage. Always ask her what kind of flowers she would like. Spend the money or stay home. This is no time to be cheap. Would you want a cheap prick to take your daughter? Ofcourse not. Also pracrice hand shakes. Look the top brass right in the eye and talk clearly. This is the kind of stuff that makes us better than the people we are fighting. Its makes us civilized. Have fun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Most women seem to prefer wrist corsages.

It's easier to dance with and you don't have to worry about stabbing them with the needle when you put it on.

IMHO.

Av.

+1, save the "stabbing" for after the dance, you won't be using a needle though
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Most flower stores can do them.

Just let them know he's going to be wearing blues and they can match the flowers for you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
<snipped> Now about the corsage. Always ask her what kind of flowers she would like. Spend the money or stay home. This is no time to be cheap. Would you want a cheap prick to take your daughter? Ofcourse not. Also pracrice hand shakes. Look the top brass right in the eye and talk clearly. This is the kind of stuff that makes us better than the people we are fighting. Its makes us civilized. Have fun.

We have a WINNER!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#22]
If you're in Hawaii, a fresh lei will do nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top