Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

That's all well and good, but remember that it won't work that way everytime.  All of the things you mention here have been eliminated as alibis for someone, by my agency, simply because someone used them before.

Not true, machines and officers have to be certified in the use of the equipment that test breath for alcohol.
Traffic signs and lights are up to each state
If a Breathalyzer has not been calibrated and certified for over a year it's going to be thrown out of court.
If an officer is not certified in it's use and can not testify as a "certified expert" his testimony is worthless.
Now VG what part of my post is not right?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's all well and good, but remember that it won't work that way everytime.  All of the things you mention here have been eliminated as alibis for someone, by my agency, simply because someone used them before.

Not true, machines and officers have to be certified in the use of the equipment that test breath for alcohol.
Traffic signs and lights are up to each state
If a Breathalyzer has not been calibrated and certified for over a year it's going to be thrown out of court.
If an officer is not certified in it's use and can not testify as a "certified expert" his testimony is worthless.
Now VG what part of my post is not right?

You are right about the certifications. But I have never heard of it being used.

Probably because you have to be certified to operate the intrument in the first place and most of  machine certs are set up on a regular contract basis.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd go to traffic school.

And watch those construction zones. The Fed .gov is paying the overtime to have LEO's working construction zones.

+1 I keep seeing them all over the place.  I make numerous trips out of town and over the natinal highways, in a transport ambulance.  I think that this like National Work Zone Safety week or something.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
And I forgot, In most staets if you go to traffic school you can avoid the possibilty of points on your liscence.  It may cost more up front, but could save you hundreds on your car insurance mate9 so says the gecko).  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top