Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:15:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 4:15:35 AM EDT by rcoers]
My new house will be finished in about a month, and it's time for me to decide on what type of TV service to get. I've had Dish before, and I really liked the DVR feature. However, I want to start getting HD programming and still have the DVR feature, plus local channels. How much am I looking at per month? Am I going to have to buy the HD/DVR rec'r or will they lease it to me? My lot is wooded, will they send someone out to see if I can even get a signal? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:21:19 AM EDT
Lease ViP622. HD DVR

I pay about $120 per month for all the channels
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:29:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 4:35:17 AM EDT by Cleatus]
me thinks they will lease it to ya- IIRC it has HD/DVR and can control two rooms - one hd

it can be alot cheaper than 120...

i pay under 50- one receiver and no premium channels- i think hd is like 10 /mo
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:32:58 AM EDT
120 is a bit much, but I guess if you're getting all the channels the charges will start to add up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:04 AM EDT
You can survey your own site with a compas and a protracter mounted with a plumb line and a straw to look thru. Dish's site gives you the exact direction and azimuth. Trees along the south side of your property can be a problem depending upon how far noth you live.

I had Dish and was happy with it, but have DirectTV now. Both are good services and a better deal than cable. I think Dish has slightly better programming for the price and DirectTV has slightly better satellites and equipment.

GunLvr
Top Top