i dont' care if its a dupe....
More than 36,000 students from throughout Los Angeles County, California skipped classes and marched through streets and on various freeways Monday, March 27, 2006, to protest an immigration bill being debated in Congress. "We may be illegal immigrants, but we are human," Metropolitan High School senior Melania Preciado said as she waved a Mexican flag. "We deserve the same rights as everyone else, not be treated like criminals." What an ironic statement.
If we all went to Mexico...would we be treated as humans?? (Think of all your friends who have driven down to Mexico for a weekend trip and were either thrown in jail for looking at the Mexican police the wrong way, or were pulled over for no apparent reason and FORCED to pay off the Mexican police in order NOT to be thrown in jail)...
1. Try driving around as a Gringo in Mexico with no liability insurance, and have an accident.
2. Enter MEXICO illegally - never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
3. Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.
4. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
5. Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc.
6. Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.
7. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
8. Demand a local Mexican drivers license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal, presence in Mexico.
9. Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.
10. Demand that American Holidays like Labor Day, the 4th, or Memorial day are national holidays.
It will not happen in Mexico nor any other country in the world...except right here in the United States... Land of those who want to take care of everyone, except American Citizens!
If you're going to waive a Mexican flag to support your heritage, fine... Just make sure there is an American one next to it...the land that gives to all of its immigrants, and you. IF Mexico is SOOOOO great - Why leave it and come to America? Think about it! Mexico isn't giving their people what they deserve, and that's why they want to be here in America. What is Mexico really doing for its people, other than making them desparate to leave? This is not about people coming to America...just come legally, so the legal system, education, medical, housing, etc., can operate more smoothly and fair for those who are citizens, and those who long to be.
If you are not a citizen of this country, you don't have the right to demand the same benefits as someone who is.
If you agree, pass it on.
If you don't, Please....go ahead and try all the above in Mexico (and enjoy the prison there too...)
Dupe from like 2 days ago. And since you dont care, im not looking for the link
I agree completely. Either you love your country or you find another country to love. We need to quit dicking around and declare English our official language already.
I think aiding, abetting and harboring illegal immigrants is a crime, just as it's a crime to harbor a fugitive from justice and as such, the members of the school boards that allow illegals to go to school should face legal repercussions.
Being a US Citizen, legal alien (here with a valid student visa) or being a child of parents/guardians who meet the first two should be necessary for anybody looking at going to school (on any level) in the US.
I for one do not want to go to Mexico, they have a corrupt government and bad shit happens to people down there.
I for one don't understand why there's such a debate on illegal immigration. I think the word "illegal" should make it pretty obvious that it's a crime.
i have been MIA from my comp for like 3 days or so, but thanks for telling me
Was in an email wasnt it?
actually it was posted on the myspace page of a chick that i know...funny thing she is a total liberal so when i read the beginning i was like "not this shit again"...but now im actually proud of her.