Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:38:44 PM EDT
If all goes well, the wife and I will be closing on a house next month. A must have purchase is a new 'fridge.

We've found a model we like (french door, bottom freezer), but are debating the maker. The LG brand seems to be well built, and the few consumer reviews I've found are very positive. The only draw back is that the few people that have had issues claim the warranty sercive blows. They can't get service folks to thier homes, or replacement items with out a MAJOR hassles and headaches.

Does anyone here own an LG appliance of any kind? If so, have you had any issues? I am not above spending more for a more reputable name (i.e. Maytag, GE, Amana) but this one seems to be "the one".

Home inspector is coming Friday, so if he finds anything majorly wrong this really won't matter. If it doesn't breathe or bleed, I probally can't fix it myself.

Thanks

ETA: DUPE from team fourm.....................so there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont own, but from what I have seen and heard there nice. LG is good electronics (have owned a few LG things but nothing that big)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
LG is Korean, it used to be Goldstar.
They bought Zenith in 1995.

I bought a washer and dryer made by LG from Home Depot.
Excellent units.
The spin like a mutha fucka, so you better have a stable base  and have leveled the shit out of the washer or else it's going to make noise and possibly take a walk.
Especially if you have it on a pedistal.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
ask DrFriDge.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]

I'll just say this about buying appliances because it was a revelation to me.  

I always though that lowes and home depot would be lowest in price, but my Fatherinlaw suggested that I go to a local appliance store because he did business with them before.  Since he was paying, I was happy to oblige.  

low and behold, the appliance store under bid both lowes and homedepot by about 13%.  I was shocked.

Lesson I learned:  don't assume the local specialty shops are more expensive than the big guys.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a Lucky Goldstar/LG Electronics window air conditioner for about 3 years. It's been completely trouble-free. It seems as well-constructed as any modern window unit - Think 'Japanese quality at Korean/Chinese prices'.

IIRC, their fridges are American-made.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I would check out out the 'fridge rated in Consumer's Reports at your local library.  They did extensive report.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ask DrFriDge.  

I thought maybe that would be........you know....insulting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top