Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:48:37 PM EDT
I have notice that there are a few commercials on TV lately "selling religion". The Mormons are pushing their cult with commercials as well as the Methodists. Why would you need to advertize on TV if your religion is so great? Those are the only two that do it as far as I know. Have y'all seen any others? RidX, tampons, batteryless flashlights, religion, and credit card debt salvation. The Snake Oils of our day.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:49:49 PM EDT
Church of Scientology makes a good income doing it (not on TV, though)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
Darn.........

I thought you were selling some religion! I was ready to BUY!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
I see a lot of people pushing this thing on TV called atheism.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:56:13 PM EDT
Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:03:46 PM EDT
Isn't it just a modern twist on evangelism?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:06:00 PM EDT
As long as they are paying for your show, who cares what they push. If u don't want to hear it hit the good ol' MUTE button. I do this on most comercials anyway. (somewhere a advertising exec just had a heart attack).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:24:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fatalerror113:
As long as they are paying for your show, who cares what they push. If u don't want to hear it hit the good ol' MUTE button. I do this on most comercials anyway. (somewhere a advertising exec just had a heart attack).

... or get a DVR. Commercials? What commercials?
Top Top