Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:17:54 PM EDT
OK I recieved a pretty serious eye injury hunting last year. Had a branch get me in the eye and I could not see crap for 3 weeks. I was off from work for 2 of those and one of them was vacation. I DID go to the eye Dr. 6 times for treatment. Ended up putting on a bandage contact and it [very bad scratched cornea] finally smoothed out. Took a while longer for my vision to get close to normal tho as I saw 2,3 or 4 objscts like lites, street sign wordage and the like. Thought all was OK.

NOW, every once in a while, when I am washing my face or otherwise touching my eye [NOT hard, mind you] I get a stabbing pain. I mean it HURTS like hell. My vision goes blurry for a day or so then goes back to normal by the next day or so. My eye did swell up pretty bad [around it] when I got my original injury. I was hoping it would go away but now I am not so sure. Its been 4 months since the original injury so I'm wondering if I also damaged something else. The Doc said no and he checked it out pretty good for any foreign material everytime I went in originally.

What else could cause this? Any Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a doc. Had retina surgery and more than my share of accidents, though. A few years after my retina operation, I broke a contact lens that was in my eye . Two weeks after having that accident I was rinsing my face one morning and saw some "goop" in one eye. Dragged it out and what came with it was a crescent-shaped piece of the broken contact. When I called my Doc, he said that the eye sometimes develops surface folds that can hide objects. He was an awesome eye surgeon and checked my eye quite thoroughlly right after I broke the contact and went to see him. Go see your doc again. Good luck & Stay safe
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I can call my old man tomorrow if I remember...

He's an eye doc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top