User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Answer Yes or No to the following.

1.  Do you pay all of your own bills?
2.  Do you live entirely within your means without financial help from parents?
3.  Do you think people who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs should go to jail on the first offense?
4.  Do you think unprotected sex is wrong?
5.  Do you think all of the unborn have a right to life?
6.  Do you think personal responsibility is essential for all adults?
7.  Would you be willing to lay down your life for your family and friends?
8.  Do you believe that death is preferable to dishonor?
9.  Do you believe that without self control there is no character in a man?
10.  Do you believe that you are in control of all of your choices?

If you answer No to any of these, you fail.

I guess there can be no children with adult male fathers.  That must be what's wrong with kids today.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
John,

As stated earlier in a very clear manner, sex withing marriage is protected.  Do not limit your idea of protection to condoms.  Sex within marriage by its very nature protects both and man and the wife.  It is wonderful when married people have lots of sex and children.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Main Entry: pre·ten·tious
Pronunciation: pri-'ten(t)-sh&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: French prétentieux, from prétention pretension, from Medieval Latin praetention-, praetentio, from Latin praetendere
1 : characterized by pretension : as a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him -- Richard Watts> b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>

======================================================

Main Entry: ar·ro·gant
Pronunciation: -g&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin arrogant-, arrogans, present participle of arrogare
1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance in an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>
2 : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <arrogant manners>

What more is needed?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
UH,

At no time did I set myself up as some sort of standard.  What I presented are the sort of standards that served us for many, many years.

I am not pretentious.  

Many of the young males who inhabit this forum are weasels.  They are always looking for some way around doing the right thing....or avoiding the wrong actions.  

A weasel is not a responsible adult male....aka a man.

It is sad that the response to my post has been attacks from people who don't even know me.  Very few of the posters offered an argument for a different view point.  

When males who ought to be mature and responsible attack those who suggest that personal responsibility is the key to being a man, it reveals them for what they are.  Unable to measure up, they attack.

It is sad but true.  There are few responsible men under the age of 30.  Outside of the military (which seems to be the gathering place for responsible adult males), they are quite rare.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
UH,

At no time did I set myself up as some sort of standard.  What I presented are the sort of standards that served us for many, many years.

I am not pretentious.  

Many of the young males who inhabit this forum are weasels.  They are always looking for some way around doing the right thing....or avoiding the wrong actions.  

It is sad that the response to my post has been attacks from people who don't even know me.  Very few of the posters offered an argument for a different view point.  

When males who ought to be mature and responsible attack those who suggest that personal responsibility is the key to being a man, it reveals them for what they are.  Unable to measure up, they attack.

It is sad but true.  There are few responsible men under the age of 30.  Outside of the military (which seems to be the gathering place for responsible adult males), they are quite rare.

Ok maybe I got caught up in the whirl wind. Lets look this over again.

Number 3- What do you mean by go to jail? Get arrested and booked and let out to deal with it in a court room or locked up for X number of months/years? I am for the law but do you lock up someone who had three beers and blows over the limit for a year in prison the same way you would a full blown alcoholic? That is why they have counseling and drug assesments before they enter a court room.

Number 4- So I take this to mean you think we should not have sex before marriage and if we have sex before marriage we aren't responsible. That is basically the way it sounds. That goes off into Religious territory and we have all seen what happens to religion threads in the GD so I ain't touching that with a stick. Some people might take offense to it though.

Number 5- Abortion, well this one is another touchy subject that is being lumped into your belief of what is responsible and what is not. I am not going to tell someone what is best for their life and situation. I will hold my beliefs to myself and my family and not mess in someone elses life.

Number 7- Should I lay down my life for family or friends if they are worthless pieces of shit who got thmselves into a deadly situation? Maybe and maybe not but your statement is that we should always answer yes. I think not. I will help those in need when I can but  should I do it willingly under any circumstance? Hell NO.

Number 8- Buddy if you haven't made any mistakes in your life you are my hero. I have done things that I deem dishonorable but I learned hard lessons from them. Does that mean I should have just axed myself? What exactly does this question mean? Suicide is another topic that falls under religion and I am sure you based this off religion or its influences. I could be wrong.

Number 9- Self control. Sometimes we lose control. Why because we are human. SHIT HAPPENS.

Number 10- Key word in your statement "your". Yes I am in control of the choices I make, they wouldn't have been my choice if I didn't make them.

It just seems like you baited people with some questions and it is influencing the other questions. The reaction from me and others is based on the fact that this appears to be a "You're not a man unless you" type of list. Hope I clarified myself.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

1.  Do you pay all of your own bills? Yes
2.  Do you live entirely within your means without financial help from parents?  Yes
3.  Do you think people who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs should go to jail on the first offense?  Possibly
4.  Do you think unprotected sex is wrong?  Stupid, yes...wrong, not so sure
5.  Do you think all of the unborn have a right to life?  Yes
6.  Do you think personal responsibility is essential for all adults?  Yes
7.  Would you be willing to lay down your life for your family and friends?  Yes
8.  Do you believe that death is preferable to dishonor?  I'm not Japanese
9.  Do you believe that without self control there is no character in a man?  No
10.  Do you believe that you are in control of all of your choices?  I try

If you answer No to any of these, you fail.  Eat me

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

1.  Do you pay all of your own bills? YES
2.  Do you live entirely within your means without financial help from parents? NO
3.  Do you think people who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs should go to jail on the first offense? YES
4.  Do you think unprotected sex is wrong? NO
5.  Do you think all of the unborn have a right to life? YES
6.  Do you think personal responsibility is essential for all adults? YES
7.  Would you be willing to lay down your life for your family and friends? YES
8.  Do you believe that death is preferable to dishonor? NO
9.  Do you believe that without self control there is no character in a man? NO
10.  Do you believe that you are in control of all of your choices? NO

I can live with that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
UH,

Uh...

Actually, what you did was set yourself up as the JUDGE of these standards.
These are YOUR standards, after all.

I am not pretentious.  

It is sad that the response to my post has been attacks from people who don't even know me.  

We know you.
You're the guy that insults people with tattoos, Catholics who don't believe in birth control, and anyone who doesn't see thing exactly as you do.
That's you.

Very few of the posters offered an argument for a different view point.  

Perhaps one of the most important parts of being a man, specifically, a gentleman, is manners.
Were you to bring up this "test" in a face to face forum, as opposed to this anonymous one, you would be considered rather rude.
Obnoxious and overly judgemental.
Anti-Catholic and bigoted.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Forgive me for not living up to your standards.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.  Do you pay all of your own bills?
2.  Do you live entirely within your means without financial help from parents?
3.  Do you think people who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs should go to jail on the first offense?
4.  Do you think unprotected sex is wrong?
5.  Do you think all of the unborn have a right to life?
6.  Do you think personal responsibility is essential for all adults?
7.  Would you be willing to lay down your life for your family and friends?
8.  Do you believe that death is preferable to dishonor?
9.  Do you believe that without self control there is no character in a man?
10.  Do you believe that you are in control of all of your choices?

Your feces has a heavenly aroma.

He thinks his popo is pudding.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top