Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 10:07:32 AM EDT
A guy wants to swap me a preban Colt Sporter as a retainer. I'm thinking it's worth about $1K (it's in fine condition, used but well maintained). Opinions? How to split it with my officemate is another issue, but is $1K fair to both of us?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No, not in FL. In most states there is no such thing as "pre-ban" anymore. You can buy a NIB Colt (or whomever) complete with evil features for $800-900. So for a "used" AR, $1k is a good bit of a stretch, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban sporter? That's an SP1 right?

I'd take it for $1,000. What year?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can buy a NIB Colt (or whomever) complete with evil features for $800-900.

Not a Colt. Bushmaster or RRA maybe, but definately not a Colt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]

That seems like a little much. You can buy a no ban Colt new here for about $1250. The only thing is that lately 6920's have vanished. Other models like 6520 and the 9mm (6420?) are still around.
  A pawn shop would likely give him $400 to $600 for that gun. It is only valuable to guys in NY and a few other places.
 If it is like new it is still a very good rifle though and if you want it that is a consideration. Get stuff while the getting is good. The largest gun dealer in three states here has had Colt stuff on order for over a year and nothing has been delivered.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The largest gun dealer in three states here has had Colt stuff on order for over a year and nothing has been delivered.

Might I ask which dealer that is, please???????????
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Take it, give your partner $500 and help a gun owner out.  

Wise words. I'm meeting the guy ( a policeman, BTW) today, & my compatriot told me to keep the rifle & forget his share.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top