Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:06 AM EDT
Mexico has a land area of 761,606 square miles, which works out to 475,190,400 acres. Their population is estimated to be 107,449,525.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0107779.html

That’s about 4.42 acres per Mexican.

We took a bunch of land from Mexico over a century and a half ago and we’ve also taken in a bunch of legal Mexican immigrants over the years. So we call it even there. What we do is to agree to take as many Mexicans as want to come, but for every Mexican we take in we get 4.42 acres of land from Mexico.

Seems like a fair trade. Since we already have some 20 million illegal aliens from Mexico in this country, we should just take 138,125 square miles from Mexico right now as payment for the people we are taking off their hands. Of course any Mexicans already living in the land we claim would either have to move or be counted as additional immigrants, allowing us to claim more land.

I’ll bet that would get the Mexican government to crack down on the problem real fast.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Why would you want worthless land in Mexico?  We've already got plenty of land.    

I prefer the solution where we fire them back into mexico out of a giant cannon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
138,125 square miles of desolate, unimproved wasteland?  No thanks.  It would cost more to pave roads, install electricity and potable, running water than we would get in the long run.

I say we just start killing them.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That’s what I love about this site…

Here I’m the compassionate softhearted liberal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
138,125 square miles of desolate, unimproved wasteland?  No thanks.  It would cost more to pave roads, install electricity and potable, running water than we would get in the long run.

I say we just start killing them.  

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
How about invade Mexico, and throw all the mexicans out and secure a smaller boarder.  The Israelis did it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Collect every Mexican illegal immigrant you can find in the states.

Catch every one that slips across the border.

Put them in camps in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

TRAIN AND EQUIP  THEM TO BE AN ARMY.

Announce to the world that this army will re-conquer Mexico, throw out the currupt current goverment and institutions, and institute a parlimentary government based on the American or Canadian model.  The members of the army will be granted land rights in Mexico much like the American Revolution soldiers were granted land rights in the (then) territories, and they will form the core of what is now missing in Mexico, a middle class.

Either the current Mexican government will clean its act, or we get a new Mexico ready to take its place as a modern republic.

win/win
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I prefer the solution where we fire them back into mexico out of a giant cannon.

I like the way you think.

As a legal immigrant, do you find the illegal alien amnesty proposals to be particularly offensive?  I think amnesty is an incredible slap in the face to all the good, law-abiding people who are attempting to immigrate legally.  Break the law = we reward you, follow the law = we penalize you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Just stop giving them incentives to come here and they will stay home.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Announce to the world that this army will re-conquer Mexico, throw out the currupt current goverment and institutions, and institute a parlimentary government based on the American or Canadian model.  The members of the army will be granted land rights in Mexico much like the American Revolution soldiers were granted land rights in the (then) territories, and they will form the core of what is now missing in Mexico, a middle class.

Either the current Mexican government will clean its act, or we get a new Mexico ready to take its place as a modern republic.

win/win

Interesting thought.  Turn around Vicente's game and play it against him.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Fine employers for hiring them at 10k a pop and they will all go home overnight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Replace all the illegals with prison labor.  Pay the prisoners what the illegals were getting, it would be way more than what they are getting in any prison industry, and establish a "shoot on site" for the prisoners who screw up.  With the prison populations we have now, we'd have a labor force for decades.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I say conquer them! They want a war we'll give 'em one. There is some nice land in Mexico-

Or just push far enough in to get a smaller border to defend. That will also give the cities on the US/Mexico border some breathin' room
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a legal immigrant, do you find the illegal alien amnesty proposals to be particularly offensive?  I think amnesty is an incredible slap in the face to all the good, law-abiding people who are attempting to immigrate legally.  Break the law = we reward you, follow the law = we penalize you.

It makes my f#$@ing blood boil!  

I completely understand how pissed off Americans must be to watch people swarm like locusts into your country, and completely demolish the lower end of the labor market by undercutting wages, sucking up social services, etc.  And it pisses me off too, because the United States is very much my "adopted" country, even though I remain a foreign national.

And from my personal perspective as a legal immigrant, it really REALLY pisses me off that I did everything by the rules.  I spent DAYS standing in line and sitting in waiting rooms in Chicago.  I spent months and months waiting for the incompetent INS to process me.  I filled out endless amounts of forms.  I did everything by the book - and now I'm practically being told that millions of fuckers who pissed on the law and ignored the rules can essentially end up with the same outcome.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
One good step would be taxing the shit out of wire transfers to Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not ture.  Although you are correct about their infrastructure, Mexico has a ton of natural resources inlcuding oil and silver, and rich farm land.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's actually a great idea!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

win/win

I like the way you think.... good positive ideas.

Besides all the political crap that would make that impossible, you would have to somehow deal with the Cartels. They have more pull than the gov't. The people would side with the Cartels, and that would be the result of their change of governments... the Cartels being in charge, being the government.

But, then again, that's how it is now anyway.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not ture.  Although you are correct about their infrastructure, Mexico has a ton of natural resources inlcuding oil and silver, and rich farm land.

There's also a pretty good supply of coal and copper.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I completely understand how pissed off Americans must be to watch people swarm like locusts into your country, and completely demolish the lower end of the labor market by undercutting wages, sucking up social services, etc.  And it pisses me off too, because the United States is very much my "adopted" country, even though I remain a foreign national.

And from my personal perspective as a legal immigrant, it really REALLY pisses me off that I did everything by the rules.  I spent DAYS standing in line and sitting in waiting rooms in Chicago.  I spent months and months waiting for the incompetent INS to process me.  I filled out endless amounts of forms.  I did everything by the book - and now I'm practically being told that millions of fuckers who pissed on the law and ignored the rules can essentially end up with the same outcome.

It makes my blood boil too.  I don't like what illegal immigration is doing in general, but in many ways the proposed amnesties make me even angrier.  It is totally unfair to people like you who play by the rules.  Do our "leaders" make a special effort to think of ways to piss on the good people and bend over backwards to please the bad people?  I swear that our country seems to have its priorities so backwards in so many ways.

And it doesn't help that we already had a "one-time" amnesty back in 1986 that was supposed to be followed by a real crackdown on illegals and strict enforcement of all immigration laws thereafter.

Anyway, thank you for respecting our laws and institutions, and because of your choice to behave responsibly I heartily (although belatedly) welcome you to America.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Anyway, thank you for respecting our laws and institutions, and because of your choice to behave responsibly I heartily (although belatedly) welcome you to America.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here, DK

And not to forget all the money I spent on attorneys fees etc.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why would you want worthless land in Mexico?  

Think of all the shooting ranges we could build!!!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Same here, DK

A hearty "Welcome!" to you too.

This is the final paragraph in the anti-amnesty letters I sent to my elected representatives in Washington:

Finally, amnesty is a slap in the face to law-abiding immigrants who are playing by the rules and attempting to enter our country legally.  It is outrageously unfair to reward law-breakers by giving them advantages over law-abiding people.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That’s about 4.42 acres per Mexican.

We took a bunch of land from Mexico over a century and a half ago and we’ve also taken in a bunch of legal Mexican immigrants over the years. So we call it even there. What we do is to agree to take as many Mexicans as want to come, but for every Mexican we take in we get 4.42 acres of land from Mexico.

Seems like a fair trade. Since we already have some 20 million illegal aliens from Mexico in this country, we should just take 138,125 square miles from Mexico right now as payment for the people we are taking off their hands. Of course any Mexicans already living in the land we claim would either have to move or be counted as additional immigrants, allowing us to claim more land.

I’ll bet that would get the Mexican government to crack down on the problem real fast.

We didn't "take" any land from them.  A combined 18.25 MILLION dollars was the deal, both in transfers and debt relief.  This was the combined Guadelupe-Hildago treaty and the Gasden Purchase.

I say we go further and make the entrie country a US posession.  What we could do is strip the dictator powers from the racist government and institute capitalism, eliminating the poverty problem and ending the situation forcing illegal immigration.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why would you want worthless land in Mexico?  We've already got plenty of land.    he

Not sure you have ever been to mexico, but there are vast resources that their corrupt system just can't seem to capitolize upon.
I don't know how much you know of their culture, but they are classist as all hell. They are a very corrupt turd world nation, and they currently are sponging 25% of their GDP off illegals sending money home. That is one country where you don't want to be an indig.

I do like your cannon idea, but would propose that we restart the old Manifest Destiny of the past and allow "settlers" to claim their land, by force if necessary. Put another star on Old Glory. Hell, America is accussed all the time of being imperialist, might as well live up to expectations.

How the hell do you respect a country where being a kidnappper is considered a profession? All the illegals that come to the US are just mexicants that will not sacrifice to make change in their homeland.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
First we must decide that we don't want millions of illegals here.  That is the hard part.

Steps to end illegal immigration:

1.  Make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal.  Big fines for corporations and hold executives of big companies legally responsible like we do for bookeeping violations.

2.  Build a fence and make it a felony to help illegals sneak into the country.

3.  Change the law so that if an illegal has a child in this country then the child is also an illegal so the whole family can be deported.

4.  Make it against the law for illegals to attend any government funded elementary or secondary school or college.

5.  Make it against the law for illegals to receive any government assistance like food stamps or housing assistance.

6.  Make it against the law for illegals to own property or houses.

7.  When illegals are found make them forfeit all money, property, possessions, everything.  Dress them in cheap hospital style gowns and drop them off.  Their confiscated property can be auctioned off.  Their clothes could be donated to the Salvation Army.  Take their cars, too.

8.  Make it against the law for illegals to send money back home by wire transfers.  Make it a felony to assist in making a wire transfer for an illegal or to not report a wire transfer by an illegal.

9.  Make it against the federal law to issue state drivers licenses to illegals.  Cut off federal highway funding to states that do.

The short form of this is "treat illegals in this country the same way Mexico treats illegals from south of their border."

The most difficult part of this is finding the will and backbone to say NO to illegals.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1

100% would be about right, I think.

The Kennedy-McCain pay $2000 in fines and back taxes idea is crap. Add some commas and zeros.

No profit from coming here, they'll go back.

And fine the shit out of companies who hire them. Like millions.

I love the attorney in Georgia who is suing a company under the RICO statutes for hiring illegals and driving wages down. I hope he wins and many more suits are filed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I say conquer them! They want a war we'll give 'em one. There is some nice land in Mexico-

Hell, I've been saying that for years!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top