Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 8:29:52 AM EDT by raf]
www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=4724898

A dangerous bulldog is on the loose. The dog escaped from the Virginia Beach Animal Control Bureau Tuesday between 6:30 and 7 a.m.

It is believed the dog was last seen near Dam Neck road near London Bridge Road about 8:30 a.m.

Animal control says the dog should be considered dangerous, and people should stay away from the dog.

The dog was being held at the kennel awaiting a "Dangerous Dog' hearing scheduled for April 10.

The escape is under investigation, but it appears the dog was able to pull one of the kennel doors loose. The dog then climbed over a seven-foot, concrete block fence. The concrete fence is also covered with barbed wire.

This dog jumped through a screened in window and attack a mailman last week. The mailman was saved by a CCW carrier who put a warning shot in the ground to scare the dog off. The mailman needed stitches and then returned to complete his route.
The cops and animal control chased this dog around for acouple of hours and never caught him. The dog returned to his home and animal control was called for pick up.

I bet $20.00 he is on his way home and will be there in the AM.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:56:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:
Even the good ones turn for no reason. Seen it many times.

I know many GOOD owners of pitbulls, I have never seen one "turn". They, like any dog around 2 years old challenge their owner for pack leadership. I you are not a total idiot it is easy to train your dog to respect his place. And by the way Fuck any one who wants to shoot a dog for no reason, you are an idiot and give liberals reason to take our guns away. Might want to turn it on yourself.

-Jls7
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:52:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
tough dogs but why is this post here?

The most coherent question yet!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:57:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RABID:
CCW guy should have put the shot IN the dog, not in front of it.

+1

Simple. Attack the mailman -> Bye bye doggie
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:46:12 PM EDT
Is that blood all over his coat? I like him, determined and intelligent, sounds like a great dog that just got stuck with another stupid owner who couldn't train him right.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:12:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:57:04 PM EDT
They are fun to shoot and everyone should try it. Positively a mean dog that always has the potential to turn on you. They are banned in many cities now. I have seen the after affects of them and it is not good.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ghilly:
They are fun to shoot and everyone should try it. Positively a mean dog that always has the potential to turn on you. They are banned in many cities now. I have seen the after affects of them and it is not good.

You're fucked up. Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 7:15:44 PM EDT by PanzerMK7]

I hope you just misspoke yourself and you meant something other than what you said, otherwise I agree with the above poster.

ETA: Actually, I don't see how you could possibly misspeak yourself so badly, what the hell is wrong with your head man?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:14:14 PM EDT
I think you ment to post in the GD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:23:20 PM EDT
Even the good ones turn for no reason. Seen it many times.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:44:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Punani:

+1

Simple. Attack the mailman -> Bye bye doggie

The CCW guy didnt want to hit the mailman so he pumped on into the ground was the way I heard it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:45:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 9:46:08 AM EDT by u-baddog]

I made a mistake

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:20:06 AM EDT
Some years ago we were looking at a large piece of property on which to build a new house. We had our two sons with us...they were maybe 5 and 7 years old. Walking along scoping the property out and here come two pit bulls running at us. Jeeezzz...yikes! All I had on me was a 3" Spyderco. The J-frame, even if it was enough gun, was at home. The dogs stopped and "held" us at about 10 yards distance. Stare down ensues...what do we do now? Fortunately the lady on the property next door notices and calls the dogs off of us.

We could have been truly screwed. Could just see all of us getting mauled. We didn't inquire further about the property. If we had bought it, I'd have shot her dogs by now...and I am a dog lover. No room in my world for pit bulls.

dvo
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:22:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By u-baddog:

I made a mistake

"drop and give me twenty five"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:23:20 AM EDT
I love nothing about Pitbulls.

HH
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:25:52 AM EDT

CCW guy needs to spend a little time at the range with OP.

I'll teach him to hit the target.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:37:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dvo:
Some years ago we were looking at a large piece of property on which to build a new house. We had our two sons with us...they were maybe 5 and 7 years old. Walking along scoping the property out and here come two pit bulls running at us. Jeeezzz...yikes! All I had on me was a 3" Spyderco. The J-frame, even if it was enough gun, was at home. The dogs stopped and "held" us at about 10 yards distance. Stare down ensues...what do we do now? Fortunately the lady on the property next door notices and calls the dogs off of us.

We could have been truly screwed. Could just see all of us getting mauled. We didn't inquire further about the property. If we had bought it, I'd have shot her dogs by now...and I am a dog lover. No room in my world for pit bulls.

dvo

So you came close to someones property and their guard dogs kept you from coming closer, not to mention they didn't attack you but "held" you from going any furthur?

Sounds more like a testament to how well trainded and obedient these dogs are, not that they should be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:46:15 AM EDT
I think 'problem' pit bulls should be released along our Southern Border.

Then, again. maybe not.

Eric The(GoodFencesMakesGoodNeighbors)Hun
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:46:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FunYun1983:

So you came close to someones property and their guard dogs kept you from coming closer, not to mention they didn't attack you but "held" you from going any furthur?

Sounds more like a testament to how well trainded and obedient these dogs are, not that they should be shot on sight.

That's just brilliant.

I am not supposed to "come close to someones property" as I go about my life?

If vicious dogs "hold" me in fear of my and my children's life on a public street, I am supposed to somehow be "grateful" that they didn't tear us to shreads?

Some people.

Do as you please. Vicious dogs are one of the main reasons I carry.

I ain't playing games with vicious dogs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:47:06 AM EDT
Love them or hate them, they allways get the press.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FunYun1983:

Originally Posted By dvo:

dvo

Yes, I'm glad they were well trained. Do you have any kids? If you are a father, can't you conjure up any scenarios where your kids get injured because you couldn't protect them adequately? The dogs were off of the owner's property and running on the for sale property...at us. If I'd had a gun on my person at the time, and if the owner hadn't noticed them holding on us, the dogs would have gotten it. Sorry, just the way it is when a person's young kids are in danger.

dvo
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:30:56 PM EDT
I would venture a guess that all of you experts on pitbulls have absolutely no experience with them other than what some genius told you. That being said, not everyone should own pitbulls.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT

They are fun to shoot and everyone should try it.

I can already tell you are an idiot

Positively a mean dog that always has the potential to turn on you.
That's funny, I spend a lot of time around pitbulls and I have never been "turned on" nor has anybody that I have heard of

They are banned in many cities now.
So are guns, some cities are full of pussies

I have seen the after affects of them and it is not good.
so have I. Yeah, it's terrible what those monsters do, chew up shoes and jump on you when you walk in the door. Terrifying.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:53:43 PM EDT
Do I also have to admire a rapist's libido?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:55:49 PM EDT
Too bad those pitbulls were not killed, then there would be two less pitbulls on this earth.

Here is hoping that they are put to sleep.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:56:21 PM EDT
Dangerous dogs should be destroyed.

People who raise dogs to be uncontrollable, life-threatening animals ought to be destroyed along with them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
Tag for Train Wreck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
All pits are evil and should be put to death. Here is one about to attack it's owner

\

She is one of the most loyal well behaved dogs I have ever owned, and really athletic.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:16:29 PM EDT
PIT BULLS ARE NOT FOR EVERY ONE.

I HATE WHEN A BREED HAS THE DRIVE BRED OUT OF IT SO PEOPLE CAN TURN A WORKING DOG INTO A LAP DOG. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO THE GERMAN SHEAPARD AND BELGIAN MALONOIAS IN THE USA. THATS WHY MOST LAW ENFORCEMENT DOGS ARE FROM EUROPE.

PIT BULLS DONT HAVE THE DRIVE BRED OUT OF THEM.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT

Color me suprised.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:27:12 PM EDT
If only more people were smarter than they're dog.

GM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:30:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By galogger:
I would venture a guess that all of you experts on pitbulls have absolutely no experience with them other than what some genius told you. That being said, not everyone should own pitbulls a Glock Fortay.

G
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:33:41 PM EDT
Pit Bulls are the "Bad Ass Dog dejour".
Every few years It moves to another breed.
I have had more problems from Dobermins then Pits.
I know several people who have Pits and they are great loving dogs.
Most of the problem is with the owners and lack of training.
How many of you have incountered the ankle biter little dog?
If they were bigger they would try to mess you up.
I don't blame the breed, as the media does. I blame the owner.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:17:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 6:56:46 PM EDT by K2QB3]
I own a dobie/dane/husky/pitbull. What's more it runs loose on my property. Here's a picture of her about to eat a cat....

I'm going to hell I know, but after 11 years she hasn't ever betrayed my faith in her.

Properly trained and socialized no dog breed is really more likely to attack than another, I've seen vicious poodles and harmless pits, ANY large dog is dangerous if not properly socialized and trained.

My guess on most dangerous breed goes to Rottweiler though, very difficult to deal with that strong a chase instinct.

Dobies are one of the safest, properly socialized. If you train it to attack and of course it's a deadly weapon. A Dobie can be trained to do ANYTHING, hour long "stay"s unsupervised, "don't eat" commands, etc.

Pits have strong protective instincts, and are deadly if an attack occurs, but they're great dogs if responsibly owned.

The owners of these dogs that maul people are responsible for their actions.

Here's proof the cat survived...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:30:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By K2QB3:
I own a dobie/dane/husky/pitbull. What's more it runs loose on my property.

I'm going to hell I know, but after 11 years she hasn't ever betrayed my faith in her.

Properly trained and socialized no dog breed is really more likely to attack than another, I've seen vicious poodles and harmless pits, ANY large dog is dangerous if not properly socialized and trained.

My guess on most dangerous breed goes to Rottweiler though, very difficult to deal with that strong a chase instinct.

Dobies are one of the safest, properly socialized. If you train it to attack and of course it's a deadly weapon. A Dobie can be trained to do ANYTHING, hour long "stay"s unsupervised, "don't eat" commands, etc.

Pits have strong protective instincts, and are deadly if an attack occurs, but they're great dogs if responsibly owned.

The owners of these dogs that maul people are responsible for their actions.

I agree with most of what you stated. Its all about how you raise the dog. You can send my rott after something and call him off halfway, he stops and looks at you like WTF
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:45:02 PM EDT
I'm sure your dog is great Tanam, it's not an easy breed to train is all I meant.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:19:37 PM EDT
Good grief people relax!!! Of course I do not want everyone to shoot every freaking dog they see. However, in my city we have a bunch of nit-wits who love to fight them. The subject has been covered on the proper training. As a result I deal not only with the dogs, the owners and the victims. It is common for us to shoot a dog from time to time and 99% of the time it ends up being a pit. I hate pits but love animals. When I am confronted with a threating dog I know my response you all can choose yours. That being said it is not needed for me to wait and hope the dog is not going to attack. Once it is on you it is too late. I do not wait that long and take the chance of being bit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:15 PM EDT
It's a shame we can't put to sleep the owners rather than the dogs.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:21:26 PM EDT
Ghilly, you made the blanket statement to shoot all pitts and then commented how much fun it was. That is just idiotic. That attitude and mindset is no different than the anti-gun people who do not understand and are therefor scared of guns, so they want to get rid of them. I have had either Rotts or Pits for most of my 47 years and have never had either turn on me or anyone else. Once again, not everyone should own a Rott or Pitt. Hell, some people shouldn't be allowed to have and raise children either, but that doesn't stop them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 5:00:44 AM EDT by u-baddog]

Originally Posted By kikomax:
It's a shame we can't put to sleep the owners rather than the dogs.

The owner of this dog spoke to the tv crew that covered the attack on the mailman. From what I saw this was in a nice middle class neighborhood. She looked like your middle class mom with 2.5 kids, well spoken and dressed for the work place. She said the dog never showed any problems with their two other dogs or her two childern. She didnt say how long she had the dog or were she got it but from the way she sopke they had it for a long time.

This is pretty close to the verbage she used

" I never believed the good dog suddenly turning bad stories but I guess its true because we've never had any problems from our dog. I dont want him back in our house"

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:11:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 7:46:32 AM EDT by PocketG]

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:28 AM EDT
My friends pit bull would carry around a bowling bowl in her jaws and even though she was a sweet dog, just imagine those teeth dug into someone's flesh.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:37:54 AM EDT

Yeah they are evil kill them all
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 5:51:45 AM EDT by hysperion]
I find it suprising how some can compare pit bull ownership to firearm ownership. A pit bull is a thinking creature that requires attention, care, and proper training in order to abet the instinctive "urges" they may carry.......... Urges many of them seem to be more inclined towards then alot of other dogs.....

While firearms must be owned responsibly as well, they do not require the kind of active management that dogs do. I own a multitude of firearms and the amount of time put into proper safety procedures/maintenance/cleaning is miniscule when picking up a new firearm compared to the amount of time that I had to put into my German Shepherd to make her a well-behaved dog..........

Please remember, many people tend to buy things on a "whim" or the latest "fad"....We see this all the time on this site- everyone wants the newest firearm or accessory. With a weapon that we lose interest in- it makes it to the back of the safe and comes out a few times a year to oooohhh and ahhhh at........

With a pit bull, after it stops being respected/trained, it attacks the local mailman........

In essence, dogs require active management, firearms do not .........

Not to mention the second amendment which doesn't apply to dogs........

I'm not advocating a nationwide ban on pitbulls or saying that they can't be good dogs if properly trained/taken care of. I am saying that in certain localities it makes sense to ban them and limit their ownership...........
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:54:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dv8xbox:
img268.imageshack.us/img268/7674/mikmich28uv.jpg

They are both too damn cute, are they yours?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:10:00 AM EDT
It's not as if they are a firearm that can't possibly go off by itself. They need to be controlled by their owners, and not allowed to run loose.

We had one in our old neighborhood that kept getting out, and although I don't believe it was a killer, it was a big dog. We and our neighbors have little kids, and had to get them all inside if we saw that dog getting out. My wife actually went out and caught the dog , which I never would have attempted, and drug it home. It got out again immediately afterward, and I was out in the garage and saw it go by. I stepped outside, it saw me, and ran home (geeze, am I THAT ugly??).

All I can say is ".44 to the brain." My kids' safety is more important than a dog whose owners don't care enough about it to keep it contained.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:19:00 AM EDT
Bang, bang.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:22:08 AM EDT
Dogs are dogs. Pit bull dogs have for many years been the dog of choice for rappers and gangstas; neither of which are well known at Westminsters. In other words, these low lifes have really screwed up the breed. All you have to do is look in your local paper in the classifieds under dogs and there they are. Pit bulls for sale $50 blah blah blah, And you can bet they came from a lousy gene pool. Add to that the fact that the average dog owner knows NOTHING about training a dog. If you want a good PB, you need to go to England. There it will probably be called a Staffordshire Terrier. I have a GSD which I imported from; you guessed it, from Germany. I walk him for two miles every day. In the past two months we have been attacked twice by Pit Bulls. In each case, they lost. WTF? Lousy breeding plus lousy training equals a problem dog. Lately, I have seen a lot of dachunds on the street .....................
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:29:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By u-baddog:

Originally Posted By Dv8xbox:
img268.imageshack.us/img268/7674/mikmich28uv.jpg

They are both too damn cute, are they yours?

yes and no , my neice and my dog
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top