Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 5:55:57 PM EDT
Where did you go to school and what kind of degree/whatnot do you have???

I want to do it tooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FBI has a job posting as a GunSmith and right now I dont qualify and I want to in the future I can start school in the summer...Help with any info
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Fat Mc Nasty, but from what I hear Colorado School of smithing is one of the best (if not the only) college.
YMMV
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also Murray State college in Oklahoma witha great two year program but I thought about getting an engineering degree instead because If I cant keep bread on the table as a gunsmith I can stay employed with an engineering job...I dont need to make lots of money but i do have to stay finacialy supportive
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL.. I have a 2 Year Deg In Cad/Cam. And a One year Cert in Gunsmithing (Rogue Community College). That was in 91. Opened my own shop, Part time 3-8pm and all day sat and sun.. Sill doing it after all these years. I'm at the point right now I could almost quit and do it full time.. I have learned more stuff on the job then I ever thought about in school.

Where is the FBI job location at??
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
LOL.. I have a 2 Year Deg In Cad/Cam. And a One year Cert in Gunsmithing (Rogue Community College). That was in 91. Opened my own shop, Part time 3-8pm and all day sat and sun.. Sill doing it after all these years. I'm at the point right now I could almost quit and do it full time.. I have learned more stuff on the job then I ever thought about in school.

Where is the FBI job location at??

thats what I thought I have a great working knowledge of gunsmithing I just cant machine/lathe havent learned yet....Id love to do it full time but i ahvent even done it part time except for family and friends...lots of knowledge no real experience....

here is the job

If the link doesnt work go to usajobs.com and search gunsmithing

I started the aplication for this job but when I saw that they wanted you to be a "master" gunsmith I knew I was out of my legue....

Division: Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG)

Unit: SWAT Operations Unit (SOU)

Working Hours: 8:15 am - 5:00 pm

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet!! I think ill apply...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You do great up until they find out you are a member here
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

nope nope nope thats my job you ungrateful hack!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top