Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 11:51:31 PM EDT
I thought Id share this funny story with all of you. A old co-worker of mine that was in the Air National guard was deployed during his 2 weeks a year to England. As a jesture of thanks to his manager at his civilian job (same boss as me) he bought him a little statue of Big Ben, to say thanks for dealing with him having his guard weekend once a month. Little did he kow that infront of Big Ben my boss's wife asked him for a divorce several years earlier. Well my boss is a good guy and didnt take out any revenge on my co-worker. However the running joke was that he wasnt going to get a pay raise the next year.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
damn
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That's why I bring back booze.  Haven't gone wrong with that yet.

And I also bring some for my coworkers that have to work harder because I'm gone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
This guy I used to work with didn't work very much (tool department at Sears) but he was a real smartass.

The paint machine was screwed up one time and I was trying to match this color blue with another one, so I had two samples on a stick and I asked him which one he thought was better.

"Dude, I'm colorblind".

Bullshit, quit fuckin around and just answer me.

"Dude, I'm serious, I'm colorblind."

Do you really think your fooling me?

"Dude, I'm serious."

I still didn't believe him, but I actually found out that he was serious (for once).

Another time the same guy asked me where to take his girlfriend out to eat.

Take her for a nice steak dinner.

"Dude, she's a vegetarian"

Again, thinking he was messing with me, I told him to dump her because she sounded like a basket case.

I guess he got really pissed about that because he was dead serious.   He got over it but as much as he messed around about stuff, I wouldn't have thought twice about what I said to him, so I guess it didn't really bother him.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's why I bring back booze.  Haven't gone wrong with that yet.

And I also bring some for my coworkers that have to work harder because I'm gone.

Smart Man!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top