Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
I feel like a victim of junk mail rape... and now they are sending me videos, that I have to send back or pay for.

WTF~!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How about we color inside the lines?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
you dont have to send them back or pay for them
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
can we please at least glance through GD before posting?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]
perhaps these folks will like your donations instead. They seem better suited for most gun owners.

ETA for the lazy gun owning liberals. The NRA has this real easy to  use thing that just about EVERY website has. a FAQ. I am willing to bet there is some information on mailers and stuff. Takes like 20 seconds. Unfortunately that 20 seconds is as much of a pain as getting a video that you dont even have to pay for. Just a little research gains a wealth of informtation but like  liberals, most gun owners are over emotional and reactionary and prefer to get bent out of shape rather than to explore information.

I think the NRA should guage the responses of the folks who get mailers as people we can write off as the first to sell the rest of us out when the time comes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why should I have to?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why should I have to?

DONT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bet you're the clever one they warned me about.
I'm flattered that you read my post.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Search is your friend.

Keep the nice gifts or sell them at a huge profit and get rich quick
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#9]
You think the NRA sends junk mail?

Have you ever bought anything from Cabela's?  JC Whitney?  Lands End?

Have you ever donated to a charity?  Red Cross?  Salvation Army?

The mailbox gets full of junk mail.  Just throw it in the trash.  

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's no fun, somebody warned you ahead of time.  That's like the hot chick who's intellectual whore guyfriend warns her that I like to hit it and quit it.  My educational job just became a lot harder.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
perhaps these folks will like your donations instead. They seem better suited for most gun owners.

ETA for the lazy gun owning liberals. The NRA has this real easy to  use thing that just about EVERY website has. a FAQ. I am willing to bet there is some information on mailers and stuff. Takes like 20 seconds. Unfortunately that 20 seconds is as much of a pain as getting a video that you dont even have to pay for. Just a little research gains a wealth of informtation but like  liberals, most gun owners are over emotional and reactionary and prefer to get bent out of shape rather than to explore information.

I think the NRA should guage the responses of the folks who get mailers as people we can write off as the first to sell the rest of us out when the time comes.

Damn dude , THAT was insulting .
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I feel like a victim of junk mail rape... and now they are sending me videos, that I have to send back or pay for.

WTF~!

By law, you are not obligated to pay for or return unsolicited items.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's "they?"

The nice men in white coats that come in your room every day at noon time?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

but like  liberals, most gun owners are over emotional and reactionary and prefer to get bent out of shape rather than to explore information.

Having a bad day, sir?????????????
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The mailbox gets full of junk mail.  

Yep
I donated to charity a couple months ago, they're worse     than the NRA.
Don't get me started on the credit card offers.......
Write them an email or call  and tell them to take you off the mailing list.
Who knows, it might work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well that's no fun, somebody warned you ahead of time.  That's like the hot chick who's intellectual whore guyfriend warns her that I like to hit it and quit it.  My educational job just became a lot harder.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the elements of Ladder Theory, however wouldn't that make him the 'cuddle-bitch'.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Have you ever bought anything from Cabela's?  JC Whitney?  Lands End?

The mailbox gets full of junk mail.  Just throw it in the trash.  

IBTL

I don’t give money to charities, the money is abused worse than federally funded social programs.
I volunteer my time, and give my old clothes, in addition to food and blankets as needed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The mail from the NRA has been very low for me these days. I ignore the early renewal notices. I only renew at least a month before it expires.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn dude , THAT was insulting .

I guess I should have toned it down. It wasnt really directed at the original poster. It was directed at probably 80% of gun owners.

GlockandRoll sorry about pissing on your post. It was not directed at you in particular. I am sure it was still offensive to you and I understand. I just get irritated when simple things that can be so much of a non event are blown into the big deal that they are now. Well when it comes to RKBA anyway.

If you want to send it back, I will pay the $10 for you if its a money thing. Like others have said, keep it , call them and tell them not to send you any more and to take you off the list for promotions or keep them all and keep your cash. You are not obligated to pay a dime for any.

Use them as tools to educate, give them away as gifts, etc.

AGain sorry for the rant. Thaks for being a part of the team and RKBA supporter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I guess I should have toned it down. It wasnt really directed at the original poster. It was directed at probably 80% of gun owners.

GlockandRoll sorry about pissing on your post. It was not directed at you in particular. I am sure it was still offensive to you and I understand. I just get irritated when simple things that can be so much of a non event are blown into the big deal that they are now. Well when it comes to RKBA anyway.

If you want to send it back, I will pay the $10 for you if its a money thing. Like others have said, keep it , call them and tell them not to send you any more and to take you off the list for promotions or keep them all and keep your cash. You are not obligated to pay a dime for any.

Use them as tools to educate, give them away as gifts, etc.

AGain sorry for the rant. Thaks for being a part of the team and RKBA supporter.

It's no problem really... it's just that I've been laid off from Sony and I have time now to go through all my personal business, this is just one of those things that irk me.

I suppose, in reality, I should just watch the video and give them the money and let friends borrow it... I'm sure it will go to better use than if I just ordered pizza w/it and drank beer on the couch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Cowboy up, Nancy. If the NRA "rapes" you with junk mail, wait until real life hits you.

I am glad you're in the NRA, but geez, can we find something more constructive to do than whine about something that takes less time to fix than it does to go online and complain about?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
... The NRA has this real easy to  use thing that just about EVERY website has. a FAQ. I am willing to bet there is some information on mailers and stuff...

And you'd win that bet, of course.  

Not to mention this gets brought up here weekly, at least.

They have a quick and easy (online or by phone)way to opt out of receiving the mass mailings even if you are a member and/or donate to them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but like  liberals, most gun owners are over emotional and reactionary and prefer to get bent out of shape rather than to explore information.

Having a bad day, sir?????????????

You could say that. Pretty ironic that I got over emotional and reactionary in my rant about folks geting over emotional and reactionary. Hypocrisy tastes so bitter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top