Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:20 PM EDT
What is the deal with these guys?

I am just wondering if it is worth keeping my order with them or just cancel it. I ordered a B&T low profile long mount for my PTR-91 on March 20th. They are the only ones in the US that have that mount as far as I know and that is the one I want but I am kind of getting irritated. The mount cost $199+$13 S&H and I still haven't got it. I emailed them on friday to ask about it and they still haven't gotten back to me. When you are charging $200 for a scope rail you would think the customer service would be a little better.

I guess my question would be is this the norm for them? When I call them tomorrow should I just cancel the order or wait it out? Unfortunately they are the only guys with this mount and it is the one I want otherwise I would have cancelled a week ago.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Did on internet order with them several months ago for a couple of items. Order went thru smoothly. Several weeks later, I get an email from them stating they were out of stock on the items I ordered.
Haven't heard from them since. Seems they are real hungry for business.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did on internet order with them several months ago for a couple of items. Order went thru smoothly. Several weeks later, I get an email from them stating they were out of stock on the items I ordered.
Haven't heard from them since. Seems they are real hungry for business.

Well that is what I needed to know, thanks. The last thing I want is to get charged for a $200 scope rail a few months from now when they "get around to it" and I already have a different rail mounted.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
No personal experience with DSA, but I've talked to several folks that have had nothing but bad things to say about their customer service. Very apathetic from my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered quite a bit from them largely because some things are hard to come by.  Patience is the watchword with DSA.  If they have it, they'll ship it relatively quickly.  If they don't, they may or may not inform you and you could be in for a long wait (months in some cases).  Patience or shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems that there are some people in the gun business that need education in how to deal with customers. Customer service seems to be the biggest bitch! If I acted like some of the guys in the regular business world I'd be out on my ass!  There's 2 more whores in the gun business that Babalon had in it's hayday!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Pick up the phone and call them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Phonecall.
Live human being.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've ordered quite a bit from them largely because some things are hard to come by.  Patience is the watchword with DSA.  If they have it, they'll ship it relatively quickly.  If they don't, they may or may not inform you and you could be in for a long wait (months in some cases).  Patience or shop elsewhere.

My biggest "gripe" would be that this was not made clear. I would have felt a lot different if they told me that they would be able to get it in a few months rather than presented it as in stock, then took their time getting it and shipping it out. Partly it seems like either blatant incompetence or apathy - mulitmonth delivery times are pretty absurd.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pick up the phone and call them.

I am going to call them tomorrow - but I wanted kind of a background. If this is the regular deal I would rather just cancel the order, an assurance they will "ship it soon" isn't any better in voice than print if it is just a lie.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
DS arms.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they carry quality stuff.  You can buy B&T stuff elsewhere.  Too bad, must be because they are in Illinois (Ill noise).
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ordered (6) FAL mags from them on March 22nd....still waiting.

Is this the way they treat rifle orders too? I'm really considering getting one of their Austrian STG rifles.

Funny, I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and they always shipped everything right out.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
DS arms.

ATM machine.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DS arms.

ATM machine.

RPMs per minute.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]
There prices are often high as well. I remember they were charging $90 for a H/T/S set. As soon as they got competition, they lowered the price to $65.

If you want a part and only DSA has it, expect to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There prices are often high as well. I remember they were charging $90 for a H/T/S set. As soon as they got competition, they lowered the price to $65.

If you want a part and only DSA has it, expect to pay for it.

I don't mind paying for it, I just want to actually get it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems like their rifle prices have damn near doubled   from a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#19]
got my mount from them within a week. Give em a call.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]
IMO, they have great products and mediocre customer service. I have always been happy with what I ordered even if it took a while to arrive. Give them a call and you should get your answer! I'm getting ready to order another rifle from them and I don't care how long the wait is because I know the quality will be superb.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 2 of their rifles and made plenty of other orders on mags, other parts. Generally been pretty good. Long wait on rifles, one purchase I wasn't happy with but that was not a huge deal.

Haven't bought anything from them for awhile though so maybe their customer service has deteriorated. Remember they are in IL, a state with the most assholes per capita of any other.

Anyhow, I would just call and be nice. That'd probably help get them moving.

Prices tend to run high but once in awhile you can hit some screaming deals also.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Heard nothing but good things about their products.. However, I ordered an STG58A from them the first week of January, and am still waiting.  Ive been having the gunshop call them every other week or so to check status...we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive never had a problem with there stuff.  Came in showing it as being shipped the next day after I bought it.  Call them.  Don't bother with emails or writing...just call them if the person on the line can't help you tell them to pass you off to someone who can....if no one can cancel the order.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Heard nothing but good things about their products.. However, I ordered an STG58A from them the first week of January, and am still waiting.  Ive been having the gunshop call them every other week or so to check status...we'll see what happens.

If you just call them and tell them when you ordered, what it is and which shop it is going to they will fill you in and you can quit pestering your dealer.

They are usually about 4-6 months behind on guns.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember they are in IL, a state with the most assholes per capita of any other.

Been to downstate New York lately?

Well, I thought of NY an NJ but upstate new yorkers ain't that bad so I let them slide. FIBs are just a bunch of assholes. Hell, they even hate each other.

So the wait on rifles is several months long? Ugh....Looks like I'll scan EE a little harder now.

Worth the wait.
I got my Para Congo 1 1/2 years ago and it took almost 5 months.

Am I the only one who has learned patience?
Not hardly but I have enough stuff to shoot.

Still haven't shot the Para Congo. It is on my to-do list for this spring and I just picked up a case of SA .308. Saving the Aussie and Port.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Is this the way they treat rifle orders too? I'm really considering getting one of their Austrian STG rifles.

Funny, same here (well, I ordered 4 mags last week).  If it takes much longer, I'm gonna call them and tell them that my future rifle purchase depends on my satisfaction with the mag order...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, same here (well, I ordered 4 mags last week).  If it takes much longer, I'm gonna call them and tell them that my future rifle purchase depends on my satisfaction with the mag order...

March 22nd?

You guys need to lighten up a little.
And I am fairly certain they ain't hurting for business.

I do find it interesting that with the exception of AR mags and handgun mags, there were better deals during the ban. WTF is that all about?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

March 22nd?

You guys need to lighten up a little.
And I am fairly certain they ain't hurting for business.

I do find it interesting that with the exception of AR mags and handgun mags, there were better deals during the ban. WTF is that all about?

How long is a reasonable time to wait? 1 month? 2? A year? Come on man, if they are selling an item, two weeks is enough time to get it from China. Its not like they are crossing plains in wagons braving the indians.

And while they may not be hurting for business right now, they WILL be in the future, judging by the sound of it. (Not very many people love the combination of absurdly high prices and piss poor customer service.)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, it is what it is. Buying elsewhere may eventually wake them up but I doubt it. I also know that finding good help these days is VERY difficult and people in general are ruder AND harder to please than ever. I have found it difficult to get good service almost anywhere anymore and the people giving it are tired of all the obnoxious assholes inhabiting planet Earth anymore. Kind of a snowball rolling downhill gathering mass and speed.

I will keep buying from them when I need to but I have learned how and what to look out for over the past many years of buying from such places.  Be glad we can even get some of this stuff!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been waiting 3 fucking weeks for a SA58 scope mount
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Good luck with cancelling your order.  If they are that incompetent odds are they will still ship it and charge your CC when they DO get around to it or get some in stock.

I had to deal with another Illinois company a year or so ago where this exact thing happened to me.  The item was low enough in price that it wasn't worth the hassle and I just took the merchandise and forgot about it.

Ironically this same company has since moved to Texas and their customer service has been excellent every time I've ordered from them.  It was a case of them having such a great deal on a hard-to-find item that I decided to give them another chance.  I was glad I did.

I would call and if you don't get satisfaction then cancel your order.  Just watch your butt for the next few months though so your credit card doesn't suddenly take a $200 hit when they finally fill your order anyway...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I called and they said that it would be shipped out first thing in the morning, that she had it in her hands right now. Kinda makes me think it was sitting there for someone to "get around to it".

I am just happy that I will soon be getting my mount. (hopefully)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Last months I sent them a m/o for a mp5 low profile mount and had it in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
OMFG, a two week wait for anything firearm-related?  God forbid! I waited 3 or 4 months for my first DSA FAL.  I knew about the wait going into it, but believe me, this is not uncommon.  Try getting a AR10 flattop with a 2-stage match trigger.  It is a catalog model that I waited 3 months to find at any distributor for a customer before I gave up and bought a RRA match trigger and installed it in their rack grade model.  There were 10 companies andvertising Hungarian AK underfolders in SGN a couple months ago, and every single one was backordered.  I still don't know if anybody has one.  Try finding a Kimber Grand Raptor II, which they are happily advertising everywhere.  Backordered...  Standard answer is "two weeks".

Try getting into Class 3...

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OMFG, a two week wait for anything firearm-related?  God forbid! I waited 3 or 4 months for my first DSA FAL.  I knew about the wait going into it, but believe me, this is not uncommon.  Try getting a AR10 flattop with a 2-stage match trigger.  It is a catalog model that I waited 3 months to find at any distributor for a customer before I gave up and bought a RRA match trigger and installed it in their rack grade model.  There were 10 companies andvertising Hungarian AK underfolders in SGN a couple months ago, and every single one was backordered.  I still don't know if anybody has one.  Try finding a Kimber Grand Raptor II, which they are happily advertising everywhere.  Backordered...  Standard answer is "two weeks".

Try getting into Class 3...

I have been waiting a while for my FS2000. And I don't really care if the wait is another 6 months.

'taint the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top