Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
(I can't help myself...)

Maybe she should get together with the guy who's just a torso?

(I'm gonna smoke a turd in hell for that.)

OMFG!  I had to X-ray him right afterwards - talk about a study in contrasts!  What a weird day.  And me just back from vacation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The question is:

How much radiation did it take to penetrate all those layers of slothfulness and gluttony?

80Kvp @ 16 mAs, screen - looked bee-u-ti-ful (the x-ray).

Unfortunately, in the process, I got the BIG BIG BIG black beaver shot - gag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
120 lbs, 400 lbs, 830 lbs, she still a human being. A PERSON...... Let's be a little more sensitive here.

You've come to the wrong place for sensitivity.  I suggest you look for it here

Fixed Link.

830 is nearly 6 people.  

People like that are no more worthy of compassion or sensitivity than a crackhead or meth addict.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
But how tall was she? you know, some people are "Big boned"
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

5'4 - yeaaaaaaaaaah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What is really bad is that I am now so accustomed to this shit that it doesn't even phase me.  I mean, I never even once came close to gagging or thinking about how gross it is to see an arm that is larger than my fucking thigh.  Or that her boobs were each bigger and heavier than watermelons.  Or that her skin pores were so stretched that they were almost the size of dimes.  Or that parts of her skin had rubbed together so often that they had the appearance, feel, and color of elephant skin.

Just another day here at the hospital - wow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
...that's a huge bitch...

... freak...

...behemoth...

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Would you hit it ?

HS1

Could you find it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
830 pounds!

Holy Crap!  And I had to stick my arm, up to my armpit, underneath her to push and retrieve her cassettes - I feel unclean.  WOW.

Apparently you picked an unwise location to practice your profession.  Might I suggest you go someplace that specializes in sorority girls?

Jim
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh shit...THANKS for sharing!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn she would make one hell of a grease fire if she got cremated.

You just ain't right in the head. I assume you're aware of that.

What was the largest patient you have ever had to deal with?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't you just not feed them for a while so they lose weight?

Just put a hose in their mouth twice a day and toss saltines into their face.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ever seen the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape?  

Jim
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just ain't right in the head. I assume you're aware of that.

450lbs is the biggest.  Turfed her to high risk.

Lots of 350s.

Countless 200+.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
120 lbs, 400 lbs, 830 lbs, she still a human being. A PERSON......

A very fat person. Please be sensitive to my humor needs. Thank you.

Your quite welcome
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
120 lbs, 400 lbs, 830 lbs, she still a human being. A PERSON......

A LOT of person.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question is:

How much radiation did it take to penetrate all those layers of slothfulness and gluttony?

Beaver?  Thats the whole fucking damn.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Lots of 350s.

Countless 200+.

Do you believe the accounts of large womenz who say they had no idea they were pregnant until they go into labor or are they just nutz?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
So does fat meat have grease?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5'4 - yeaaaaaaaaaah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What is really bad is that I am now so accustomed to this shit that it doesn't even phase me.  I mean, I never even once came close to gagging or thinking about how gross it is to see an arm that is larger than my fucking thigh.  Or that her boobs were each bigger and heavier than watermelons.  Or that her skin pores were so stretched that they were almost the size of dimes.  Or that parts of her skin had rubbed together so often that they had the appearance, feel, and color of elephant skin.

Just another day here at the hospital - wow.

Careful, the HIPPA police can come down hard if enough info leaks out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
+830
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question is:

Not too bad on the factors and less than I expected.

Of course most of her chest is air anyway...even in really  fat people.

An abdomen would have been out of the question, unless they trucked her to a specialized veterinary hospital like someone else suggested.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots of 350s.

Countless 200+.

Do you believe the accounts of large womenz who say they had no idea they were pregnant until they go into labor or are they just nutz?

I would hope they would notice the fact they hadnt had a period for 9 months.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
120 lbs, 400 lbs, 830 lbs, she still a human being. A PERSON...... Let's be a little more sensitive here.

You've come to the wrong place for sensitivity.  I suggest you look for it here

My children thank you..............
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question is:

An abdomen would have been out of the question, unless they trucked her to a specialized veterinary hospital like someone else suggested.

Funny you mention the abdomen - we had to go back later and do a KUB for IVC filter placement.  And we NAILED it - 90@320 with a grid - looked awesome.  Still, the portable was shuddering from the strain.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted: The question is: How much radiation did it take to penetrate all those layers of slothfulness and gluttony?
Hey, did she walk in or get rolled in?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'd hit it.

Pick a wrinkle....any wrinkle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Okaaaay.   I'm just going to mentally slowly back away from this thread and convince myself that this is what it said:

OMFG - I just x-rayed a 40 year old woman who was . . . . . . .

Totally hot . . with perfect [content edited to conform with code of conduct].

She couldn't help noticing my [sorry, code of conduct] as I leaned against her to adjust the x-ray screen.  She seductively asked if she could help me with that.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Were you doing a supine chest or a KUB at first?

I'm surprised that 80 @16 would get you an image.  We would use 110 kVp with a grid at around 8 mAs for better penetration and contrast, but a lot of places aren't using grids anymore.  I can't begin to imagine the amount of Brehmstrahlung and Compton-scattering you would get on the radiograph without a grid, though.

Anyway, good job.  Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

On the other hand, my 40-year old female today looked like Rebecca de Mornay in Risky Business.

We did have a left lower extremity venogram this morning that we tried to thread a vein with a 23g needle.  I got in on the first stick, but the vein blew when we tried to injection the contrast.  The radiologist  and I tried for two hours to stick a vein ( I like to thread 'em nice and easy and the doc uses the Seldinger technique where he JABS (!!!) the needle completely through the vein and then withdraws the needle until it's in the lumen and blood comes out).

Couldn't access a vein and finally talked the referring physician into doing a Doppler ultrasound since we were looking for a pelvic DVT anyway.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Were you doing a supine chest or a KUB at first?

Supine chest - did the KUB later.

I'm surprised that 80 @16 would get you an image.  We would use 110 kVp with a grid at around 8 mAs for better penetration and contrast, but a lot of places aren't using grids anymore.  I can't begin to imagine the amount of Brehmstrahlung and Compton-scattering you would get on the radiograph without a grid, though.

I was surprised, too - but another tech did it first at 95@20 and it was way too dark.  I liked the 80 kVp because I knew I wouldn't get the scatter.  We've tried before using grids, but they just never worked out very well.  We did do the KUB with a grid, though.

Anyway, good job.  Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

On the other hand, my 40-year old female today looked like Rebecca de Mornay in Risky Business.

Lucky bastard.

I'm still surprised that they actually were able to get an IVC filter into here - I can't imagine what THAT operation was like.  Ewwwwwwwwww.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Did the x-rays penetrate the lard or did you have to set it on killer whale size to get a readable x-ray?

How anyone can let themself get so HUGE escapes me.  Piano case casket lowered by a polished towtruck painted black isn't quite the norm.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without pics.

Dear GodNO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn. Just...

Daaaaamn...

I mean, I'm a self-admitted fatass and she's about 3 times my weight!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question is:

Gotta be using DR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
830 lbs. isn't a person.  It's a person who ate 3 or 4 other persons!!

830 is almost 7 times what I weigh...

Damn. Bet she has a bitch of a time shopping in the juniors dept.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question is:

Funny you mention the abdomen - we had to go back later and do a KUB for IVC filter placement.  And we NAILED it - 90@320 with a grid - looked awesome.  Still, the portable was shuddering from the strain.

We did a KUB with something like 90@320 (grid) on a 400 pounder a while back and got lots of scatter, but nothing really usable.

Good Job.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you have a waterhose to keep her wet while she was out of the holding tank?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So, was she shaved or not?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Probably a poor person.  Makes you wonder how so many of so-called poor people get so fat.

How come no one ever seems to come up with the theory that fat people are poor - BECAUSE THEY OBVIOUSLY SPENT A LOT OF MONEY EATING SOMETHING.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Had to borrow a truck, some lumber and a forklift from Lowes. Chop the sliding glass door out with a
chainsaw so that we could drive the forklift into the livingroom (up the ramp made with some lumber),
pick her up - still on the couch (she was 'stuck' to it....), then load her in the truck.

First time I remember ever seeing some of our truckies turn green.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Did you have a waterhose to keep her wet while she was out of the holding tank?

Like coondog, I could stand to lose about 30 pounds or so, but
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Had a 500+ lb'er before.  Took 4 people including myself to hold up all the fat just to cath her.  Disgusting.  I don't think I ate anything at all the rest of the day and mid-way through the next.  Now 800lbs?  I can't even imagine.  omfg.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I think we can all figure out what really happened after you took the X-rays. Just post your letter to Penthouse here so we can proof-read it before you submit it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
For the life of me I cannot fathom how someone becomes 830 pounds.

Something tells me it's probably by sitting on their ass and gorging themselves with food everynight.

The 830lbs person in question probably has a stomach 3-4 times as large as yours. She probably considers a 12-inch pizza a "light meal."

That said, I have no sympathy for her.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Tail is tail.

To prove you wrong:

Fuck that and TRY to sleep at night knowing your crimes against man. JUST TRY IT.

"Tail is tail." Bullshit. Even ARFCOMers have standards.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#47]
About ten years ago when I was in my low teens, one evening I heard bloody murder type of screaming from a neighbour's house.

No way I was going to check out on it so I called the police and waited.
About 5 minutes later (very impressed by the response time BTW) they arrived and started peeking in the house through windows.
One of the police noticed something and called his partner over to have a look.
They break the window and enter.
Soon after an ambulance arrives and they half carry, half drag outside a huge whale of a man pig.

What I heard afterwards was that the man turned around and the momentum caused the flesh from his thigh to tear off because it couldn't support its own weight
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I'd hit it

Just flip through the folds until you get to the one that smells like poo, then go back one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
About ten years ago when I was in my low teens, one evening I heard bloody murder type of screaming from a neighbour's house.

No way I was going to check out on it so I called the police and waited.
About 5 minutes later (very impressed by the response time BTW) they arrived and started peeking in the house through windows.
One of the police noticed something and called his partner over to have a look.
They break the window and enter.
Soon after an ambulance arrives and they half carry, half drag outside a huge whale of a man pig.

What I heard afterwards was that the man turned around and the momentum caused the flesh from his thigh to tear off because it couldn't support its own weight

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd hit it

Just flip through the folds until you get to the one that smells like poo, then go back one.

Holy shit, dude.  That is SOOOOO many kinds of wrong!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top