Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 2:57:44 PM EDT
Can anyone provide me with the net link to see the video??  I've been hearing so much about it but can't seem to find it..
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, Homer, I'll have to see you three times a day . . . for many years.

. . . And no, I don't have a link.  I'd like to see it though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for Penn & Teller
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
This sounds good.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Screwed my back up really bad 5 years ago and you know where the emergency room doctor told me to go once the muscles loosened up from the pain meds and muscle relaxing drugs?  Yup, chiropractor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Penn and Teller are now going to bag on the Boy Scouts.  C'mon you're big boys, pick on someone your own size.  Pick on Cruise and the Scientologists.  Pick on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  I can't believe their quest for "Bullshit" could have missed these guys.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
this one case i will disagree with them on.

I used to beleive they were all quacks and witch doctors as well. my dad was an anesthisiologist and hated them with a passion.

when i fucked my back up i spent 20 or so years and ton of money in pain dealing with docs, take TONS of pain killer sna muscle relaxers.

Finally decided what the hell and tried. # years now and i am 1000% better. i haven't needed the drugs in almost 3 years and have more mobility than i have in atleast 15 years. I actually seem to be getting better.

Can they cure cancer or your allergies, no. can they help muscular issues cheaper than physical therapists.... absolutley if you have a good one. i am walking proof of that.

+1 My uncle is a chiropractor, and I try and I try and get my back worked on by him at least once every other month.

There have been times where I can't get up off the creeper without lots of lower back pain. After him doing an aligment, I can work like normal again, with no pain.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Chiropracters have their place. I've used them for years with great results.

BTW, I have the DVD to this particular P&T episode. Some things I agree with, some I don't.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I think several of the chiropractors I've visited were fairly beneficial.  Sure, just like the dentist, they want you to return on a regular basis but they do give some good insight on your health problems.  

Sometimes their adjustments make things slightly better but often the results are pretty amazing.  If you're following an exercise program that increases your core stability the adjustments last longer and may eliminate the symptoms.  If your lazy and do nothing to physically improve they can't get you fixed all by themselves.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll put it up on my FTP server later tonight (after 10 PM EST) like the gun control one I put up I'm going to keep the number of users down (sorry guys, it's either 3 people at ~20K/s each or 20 people at 3K/sec each and me having my connection hammered) I don't have a fat pipe and is just really used for simple stuff.

The episode is Season 1 episode 2 Alternative medicine If you want to go looking for it yourself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem I have with chiropractors is that they crack your back, which is the exact same thing as cracking your knuckles, and they say that it helps your back and charge you hundreds of dollars for it.

BS.  When you crack your knuckles, you can crack them again in ten minutes.  The same with your back.  And there is no medical benifit of cracking your knuckles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
A good one can help with some things but the vast majority of Chiropractic IS quackery. Many are marketers, many have hippie healing and wellness pamphlets in their office.

A few good ones out there I am sure, but most I tried to go to were like carnies or cult members.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The problem I have with chiropractors is that they crack your back, which is the exact same thing as cracking your knuckles, and they say that it helps your back and charge you hundreds of dollars for it.

BS.  When you crack your knuckles, you can crack them again in ten minutes.  The same with your back.  And there is no medical benifit of cracking your knuckles.

Not entirely true.  You can't manipulate your back in that short amount of time.  I learned to self-manipulate my back and I can only get her to crack twice a day.  leaning back on a chair and getting a *pop* is child's play... a good *crack* is different.

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top