Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

End days are here.

Blah, blah, blah.

Are you basing any of this on any real FACTS?  Is this just gloom and doom?

Bush's approval rating is dropping like a rock and supposedly the polls indicate that the Republicans are going to lose seats in this years election.

Joe Sixpack seems to be discontented and that is never a good thing for the party in power. I have very little no faith in the average person's ability to do the right thing.

The polls?  I can believe that you would pay attention to them.

Seriously, didn't Bush have less than a 50% approval rating going into the election yet recieved more votes than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY (that is more than Reagan folks)? If you look at the weighting of theese polls there are usually a HUGE disproportionate amount of Democrats / independants, well more than what is indicated by the election percntages.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1 in 2..... unless Lyndon LaRouche, Gus Hall or some other fringe candidate  runs then its 1 in whatever...

Larouche kicks ass. Anybody that campaigns from their prison cell
is alright in my book

+1 More politicians should try it.

My choice would be Buchannan/Bennett. Anyone who can author "The Book of Virtues" and shoot craps demonstrates a mental flexibility the country can use.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He is not "El Presidente" nor is he "Jorge".  He is George W. Bush, the President of the United States, whether you like him or not.  That other shit is liberal infantile name calling bullshit.

I didn't even see Clinton get insulted like that.

+1
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There are a lot of different ways to look at the political landscape.  An interesting question would be, "Is the way you look at the world unduly influenced by those who do not have the best interests of your nation or yourself in mind?".  Are you limiting yourself by thinking in terms of democrat or republican?

Hmm..... Do I vote for the guy whose every move seems to be for the purpose of destroying Western Civilization?  Or do I vote for the guy who only pays lip service to americanist ideals, and who proceeds to encourage the invasion of the nation by strangers; who seems to be reading out of the very same playbook as the other scoundrels, only emphasizing different areas?  Or maybe even go out on a limb and vote for the freedom loving, dope smoking, man worshipping, sin apologists...

As for me, my current view of the political landscape can be best illustrated thusly:  picture GySgtD, shotgun in his shoulder, waiting for the next robber to appear at the end of the driveway, or the back porch, or....?

The ancient Israelites wanted a king, and for their sins they were given one.  Better to be ruled by God and to enjoy God's order, than to be ruled by man and suffer from man's "order".

Chances of getting another Republican President?  Bah, I'm unimpressed with the idea.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He is not "El Presidente" nor is he "Jorge".  He is George W. Bush, the President of the United States, whether you like him or not.  That other shit is liberal infantile name calling bullshit.

He is a President, not a god, and does not get worshipped.  As the President, he is our employee, and while his position deserves respect, he is bound to respect the Constitution and the laws -- and as long as he does nothing to stop illegal aliens, he's part of the problem.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Dunno - kinda wish we had one now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the war is getting more and more unpopular by the day.

Most of the Marines I talk to dont even know what we are doing over their, they say the iraqis dont give a damn.

Oooh, it's another Vietnam, it's a quagmire, and any other quotes you can cop from the dem websites.

ALL of the Marines I talk to say just the opposite.

Most of the Marines I talked to are having fun breaking stuff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The current line on Tradesports.com is Republican President in 2008 50.3 to Dem 47.5. Also, the people who are putting their money where their mouths are are betting the GOP keeps both houses (76% for Senate, 55.3% for the House) in the 2006 election.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
12 million votes better a chance than we'll have in 2012.

Bush is so clueless and easily manipulated by Neocons that he has us nearly 9,000,000,000 in debt with NOTHING to show for it. We have than double the number of illegal immigrants than we had in 1986 when they passed the last amnesty. Why would an independent vote for another one like him?

If this amnesty dies and they build a wall, then they have heard those that elected them and it will still be a fight to win. If they pass amnesty and don't build a wall they MUST, and I believe will, pay. I will do all I can to make sure they do.

I saw California go from the Golden State to what you've all seen on the news lately. I moved to another state to get away from that s-hole and regain my gun rights. If the Republicans screw the base and especially gun owners again there will be nowhere to run.

+1

The dems moved to the left and the repubs did likewise.  My party has left me!  The RINOs are unappealing to me.  I guess that I'll just stay home in 2008.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I'm scared shitless of the next election. I just received an envelope in the mail.

In the top left corner in big red letters: JOHN MCCAIN

On the back on the seal, it is endores with the RNC and their address... dare I open it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is a President, not a god, and does not get worshipped.  As the President, he is our employee, and while his position deserves respect, he is bound to respect the Constitution and the laws -- and as long as he does nothing to stop illegal aliens, he's part of the problem.

That doesn't change the fact that his is neither "jorge" nor "el presidente".  No one said he was a god.

Why weren't you people bitching when Clinton was doing nothing about the same problem?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Very slim, I think.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
All you nattering nabobs who are so certain the Republicans will lose in 2008 need to sign up for a Tradesports.com account and make some money. The people who have already done so think you are wrong.

Or is this, like so much else on ARFcom, just impotent whining.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There will be a Republican in the white house for 2008.

The left has no plan what so ever, other than they hate President Bush...Hillary will run, but loose and McCain will run but will not get the nomination.

I think our next President will not be Sen. McCain or Frist, rather it will be a  Republican Gov. that is not on the media's radar yet.

Iraq is not a mess like the media says it is. And the economy is doing great, unlike what the media says.

With the current political climate what it is OUTSIDE of the Arfcom Thinktank, that might be all the plan they need.  It's already begun in earnest, with pols pressing on the "inept" button like a rat with his pleasure centers wired.

The true state of both Iraq and the economy don't matter.  FACTS don't matter.  All that matters is how much shit each side can sling and make stick.  

One thing Hillary actually has going for her (eggh, that hurt to type) is EMOTION.  The libs are foaming at the mouth decrying her as the next savior, while the right is stumbling all over themselves to hate her.  Everyone feels strongly.

It's a level of emotion hard to match in the last few elections, when we collectively tried to push away from the evil of two lessers.

If the Republicans can't field a candidate that can generate that sort of feeling, I think they're up shit creek.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#15]
0.0      you have no grade point average.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Did you miss "Slick Willie", "The HillBilly Whore Hopper", and other colorful names?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Because of public perception of the war in Iraq, GWBs complete failure on the border and his spending like a drunken sailor, I doubt a GWB Clone (Conservative christian republican) has a snowballs chance in hell in 2008.

We will get a liberal democrat or a Republicrat like McCain.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't change the fact that his is neither "jorge" nor "el presidente".  No one said he was a god.

Why weren't you people bitching when Clinton was doing nothing about the same problem?

I was bitching about Clinton, you just weren't hovering around to hear it. And it's gotten a FUCKUVALOT worse during the Bush administration than it ever was under Clinton.

But that's OK, just keep drinking the
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was bitching about Clinton, you just weren't hovering around to hear it. And it's gotten a FUCKUVALOT worse during the Bush administration than it ever was under Clinton.

But that's OK, just keep drinking the
www.publicadvocate.com/images/kool-aid-gop.jpg

Sure it has gotten a lot worse.  Prove it.

I don't recall all this furor over the border when he was in office.  The dummycrats started this shit and some of you just ate it up.

BTW, I got your Koolaid dripping right here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
come one larryg,

No the problem did not start with GWB. It is however HIS problem now. He has not only gone above and beyond to ignore the border problem he openly and publicly welcomed them with open arms. Even sugesting amnesty until his base was in near revolt.

As for clinton not being insulted, where the hell were you while he was in office. He was and is slammed here daily even today.

I know your smarter than this man. I stand by GWB as MY president. I will however continue to berate him on sheer stupidty as i will ANY politician deserving of it. GWB is NO conservative and to me has been a major disapointment on domestic issues and spending.

Will you even admit he has EVER made a mistake while in office?

I don't agree with him on everything, including the border.  That does not excuse the infantile "jorge" bullshit that is something taken straight from the dummycrats.

I don't recall ever seeing a post bashing Clinton on the border issue.  Yeah, he got bashed on a lot of things, but I never saw him getting bashed about that.

As for spending, a lot of you seem to forget that we are at war.  Just a minor factor.

Other than the border, what "domestic issues" are you unhappy about?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Right now the party doesn't know whether to shit or blow its brains out.  Alot can happen in two years, but if they come up with another Blob Dole, they're cooked and if they puss out on immigration, they're cooked.  It's completely up to them however.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess I'd have to call myself a disappointed conservative that has to vote republican.
Many like me have no alternative....voting democrat is complete suicide, those freaks have NO agenda except for "I hate Bush" and their platform is a memiograph of the communist manifesto.

Voting libertarian, why bother?....These groups are too fragmented and underfunded to make a difference. Until they start winning elections at the local level and build up ground level support, they'll always just be the "protest" vote.

All these Billion$ of Dollar$ are spent wooing about 15% of the voting populace. Both Dem and GOP will have their hardcore 40% voters (the remaining 5% just don't vote, go 3rd party or do the cutesy Pat Paulson write-in).
However the Dems maintain a solid voting block...the GOP has taken the liberty of shitting on theirs. Apparently they have come to the conclusion of: " the Dems are so damn bad, that we can pretty much get away with whatever the hell we want to..."

I remember all the clamorings from the GOP-ites " Oh, you just wait...when George gets his 2nd term, boy howdy, you'll Really see all the Conservative things he's gonna do...cause he won't have to worry about re-election, Blah Blah...."
Well Mr. President....you got your 2nd term. And we're still waiting.

The Port Sales deal was an utter embarrassment, poorly executed, poorly explained to the public, and was just plain stupid, plus it did nothing but give the Dems ammo for the next election.

The Illegal Alien Problem didn't sneak up on you overnight. The GOP ignored it and ignored it...now it is out of control. Now they're scrambling around trying to find a quick-fix like these weasel-brained Amnesty Plans.

If the GOP wants to maintain control, my advice to them would be to find a set of testicles, grow a damn vertebra and start acting like they're in charge. Stop this whiney-ass catering to illegal aliens who CAN'T VOTE ANYHOW, and start listening to your constituents that put you in office in the first place.

There's more that the GOP has done that pisses me off like a side-ways turd, but you get the picture.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#26]

I guess I'd have to call myself a disappointed conservative that has to vote republican.

and THAT is why they crap on guys like you -- because you keep coming back to them, and they know it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

and THAT is why they crap on guys like you -- because you keep coming back to them, and they know it.

Not anymore, I've finally wised up...If they want my vote, there's gonna have to be some schmoozin' and ass kissin' from now on. (taking a page right out of the NAACP & LaRaza handbook).

They can start with this one: " Sorry GOP, I won't be voting because gas was so high that I couldn't afford to drive to the voting booth, sorry..."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not anymore, I've finally wised up...If they want my vote, there's gonna have to be some schmoozin' and ass kissin' from now on. (taking a page right out of the NAACP & LaRaza handbook).

They can start with this one: " Sorry GOP, I won't be voting because gas was so high that I couldn't afford to drive to the voting booth, sorry..."

Voting democrat is an answer?  That I assure you will change nothing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They can start with this one: " Sorry GOP DemonRats, I won't be voting because gas was so high DUE TO YOUR TAXES that I couldn't afford to drive to the voting booth, sorry..."

Fixed it  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#30]
According to the last election 50-50.  Like always.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#31]
None. Not by their action in the congress, senate and white house. Uncontrolled spending, allowing ammnestly for crimminals and furthering the growth of government. They are flushing this republic down the drain. Further, they cower to the minority. I don't need the cowards anymore.

Forget it. I'm not taking the 'lessor evil' argument anymore, I'll write in and take my chances because I'd rather fight this impending civil war now rather than later.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Probably the same chance we have with the possibility of getting a republican in office now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I've heard rumors that Jeb Bush might run.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
It all depends on the candidates.

If the democrats put up Hillary or Kerry they'll lose yet again.  And it strikes me they are far enough out of touch with the center that they just might do that.  If on the other hand they can find a moderate male candidate from a southern state with half an ounce of sense I think they'll win.

Regardless of party I do hope whoever we get in office next quits spending like a drunken kennedy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I've heard rumors that Jeb Bush might run.

Not gonna happen.  The wife has done put her foot down.

Jeb needs, NEEDS to run for Senate.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Like anyone in this country is stupid enough to elect another Bush.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I believe the Bush dynasty is over as well.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#39]
It's a tough question...Bush had to go start another Vietnam...I voted for him but he screwed up royally...we finally had the Democraps on the run, and he starts another war that we'll never win, blows the budget paying for it, and gets more of our kids killed in the process. The only hope we have is for Hillary to run...I'm not so sure people are ready for a woman president yet. The other problem is who will the Republicans nominate? McCain? That POS could be as bad or worse than Hillary or Kerry...he's a left wing anti-gun poor excuse for a Republican. Gulianni is another anti-gun New York phony. Looks grim all around.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The only hope we have is for Hillary to run...I'm not so sure people are ready for a woman president yet.

I think we're ready... but I'd need DNA proof that Hitlery is indeed female  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the Bush dynasty is over as well.

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#42]

+1 on slim to none based on how they're acting now.  fargin iceholes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think we're ready... but I'd need DNA proof that Hitlery is indeed female  hr

If you look at her cheeks(face that is), I think DNA would put her in the chipmunk family, whether male or female.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Some of your must have crystal balls.  The elections are 2 years and 9 months from now.  No one ever said that Iraq would be a walk in the part.  Remember?  You sound like a bunch of democrats with all the Bush bashing.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Some of your must have crystal balls.  The elections are 2 years and 9 months from now.  No one ever said that Irag would be a walk in the part.  Remember?  You sound like a bunch of democrats with all the Bush bashing.  

But we never went to Irag....lol
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Some of your must have crystal balls.  The elections are 2 years and 9 months from now.  No one ever said that Iraq would be a walk in the part.  Remember?  You sound like a bunch of democrats with all the Bush bashing.  

I'm not sure which is worse.. "True Believer" democrats, or republicans without the balls to step up and call a dumbshit a dumbshit.. Either one is letting someone else do their thinking for them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Libertarians believe you should be free to do as you please so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others. That is what it means to be a libertarian, and that's all it means. There are many areas where libertarians disagree on issues (environmental issues, whether the unborn have rights, whether the states power regarding national defense extends to conscription, etc), they're no more a monolithic block than any other party.

Liberal and conservative don't even apply, because they're words used to differentiate one collectivist authoritarian ideology from another. The difference between a libertarian and a conservative is the libertarian believes the only proper role for government is to enforce the principle that one man or group cannot infringe upon the rights of another, that's the basis of all law and the source of all legitimate government power. Since the initiation of force is a criminal act, and government must initiate force to exist, it is by definition a necessary evil, and should be strictly limited to enforcing the principle. When government uses force of law for other purposes, uses tax money to pay for other programs, it becomes a criminal enterprise. The constitution is a very libertarian document, setting strict limitations on the powers granted the government by the people.

A conservative believes government has legitimate powers that extend into other areas, often different areas than a liberal, but the arguements are essentially the same "greater good"  nonsense. The conservative believes the needs of the state outweigh the liberty of the individual, that the state has an inherent right to use force in many situations, which is why a "conservative" can never really be trusted to stand on any particular principle, they have no foundational principle on which to build. They end up argueing the merits of this prohibition or that, of one wealth transfer over another, whether or not the law is based on religion or whether they have the authority to regulate how contracts are written between consenting adults, whether it be who may write a marriage contract or what currency a business contract is enforcable in, because to them, like to the democrats, democracy is the source of their legitimacy.

Republicans are always saying we're one election away from having this right or that right taken away, that to vote for a third party is to help that process along.

I say if we're so vulnerable to the whims of the masses, propagandized and brainwashed and ignorant as they are, we've already lost the constitutional republic, and have become the pure democracy the founders so despised. In fact I'd say we're so far down that road the tyranny that inevitably follows has already begun to flourish.

I, for one, will never again lend it the legitimacy it claims my vote provides it.

And that is exactly why Libertarians can never be allowed to take any significant level of power

Libertarians are all a bunch of save-my-own-ass-fuck-the-world reactionaries... Every single plank the party holds seems to want to take us back to the bad-old-days, circa 1812, when we almost lost a war because members of the 'federalized militia' decided they could up and quit if ordered to fight in a foreign country (Canada) or even outside of their state...

Libertarianisim is 100% incompatible with global reach & power - 100% incompatible with the things the US *must* do to maintain it's independance in an increasingly socialist world... The libertarian answer seems to boil down to 'screw the world, I don't care as long as no one can tell me what to do back home'...

The problem is we will eventually be placed in a situation where we must either take over the world by proxy or be taken over by a foreign agenda... Libertarianisim cannot handle this task, it's core principles are at odds with any significant ability to project power & influence abroad... The libertarian answer is to turtle up behind indefensable borders (No matter what scheme you come up with, it is IMPOSSIBLE to actually build 'Fortress America' - too much land, too few troops - especially in the LP world where you can quit the military just like a civillian job) and dillude ourselves into thinking it will last... It won't...

The fact is, the only way to survive is to take on an offensive approach, and force the world to conform to our way. The alternative is that they will eventually force us into theirs...  Yes, this is very anti-'liberty' for the rest of the world - well, the ROW has shown they are incapable of reaching/maintaining our present standard of freedom without outside help - how do you expect them to handle libertarian anarchy... Call me a neocon, imperialist, or whatever - some of that's pretty true...

I call myself a conservative realist...  In today's world, you lead or you follow - it is impossible to get out of the way...

It's pretty rare for a neoconservative to be so open about their ideology, for that I thank you.

I respectfully disagree with your assesment of the risk posed by both approaches and your characterization of libertarianism.

I firmly believe that "taking over the world" and "forcing the world to conform to our way" will cause far more problems than it solves. That's arguable I admit, we're dealing with probabilities here, but all my experience with human nature, all my study of history, says it's a huge mistake in the long run.

Analogy is useful, imagine the US is the biggest, toughest, best armed and best trained man in town. He can go about his business peacefully and honorably or he can act the tyrant, shake down the populace, and so on. In which case is his life expectancy higher in your opinion?

Even if I'm wrong on that point, what of honor? What will we preserve by becoming what you propose?

The ability to project power is in no way contrary to libertarian values,  our  hypothetical libertarian man CCWs everyday, he just doesn't draw down or shoot people without cause.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't agree with him on everything, including the border.  That does not excuse the infantile "jorge" bullshit that is something taken straight from the dummycrats.

Are you seriously making that statement?

As for spending, a lot of you seem to forget that we are at war.  Just a minor factor.

It's not that people don't realize we're at war, it's that people don't believe in it anymore.  Many don't want to be at war.

Other than the border, what "domestic issues" are you unhappy about?

Continued social programs, corporate bailouts, patriot act, homeland security agency, domestic spying, etc.  Not really his fault either, but watching a kid get run over by a truck when you could stop it is about the same as putting him in front of it in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#49]
It would be nice to have a Republican in office in 2008, we surely do not have on there now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top