User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Working on some papers and I thought I saw a shadow go by to my left. I'm home alone so I know it's not the Mrs.

Creepy.

Don't worry, it's just the government.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
After 3 days without sleep, I start to see little "animals" run around. Its just Real Quick and its always out of the corner of My eyes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ginger,

Anymore details?

I'm assuming you mean about my strange occurences and not American Idol, so here goes...

I noticed something funny about the place the first time we came over, after we had been given the keys. We wanted to take measurements and decide which room would go to whom and where everything would go, etc.

I was standing in the master bedroom and had a very strong sense that someone was watching me. I sort of dismissed it and we went downstairs. It wasn't until we were in the truck driving home that I said to my husband (who is the least inclined to believe in this sort of thing) 'did you get the feeling that we weren't alone?'. I expected him to laugh at me, but he admitted that he'd had the same feeling at the same time as me, but hadn't said anything because he didn't want to creep me out.

So anyway, the day we moved in, or rather that night as we were putting the beds together etc, something really weird happened. We started to fight, but the thing is, neither of us wanted to, we'd had a great day, really pulled together as a team and were excited about the new house and we hardly ever fight. But this time my husband, who has never even raised his voice to me became scary, it was like it wasn't him or something. I was sort of scared, but at the same time, I had a really strong feeling that I shouldn't back down.

I stayed calm, didn't shout back, but made it clear that I wasn't going to put up with it and yeah, I'll admit, I started to pray.

But then a while later the baby suddenly became uncharacteristically upset. He was so, so angry, he kept hitting me and pushing me away. So I held him tight and prayed some more. It was scary (to me, my fear was inexplicable, because you'd expect a baby to pick up on the atmosphere, or even be upset being in a stange new house), but again I felt very strongly that I shouldn't give in to the fear.

So anyway, all that over we start settling in. I started to get used to the feeling that someone was watching me and decided that I could live with it. After a while though, I started to see something out of the corner of my eye in certain parts of the house, and sometimes, it was like something was touching me, for no apparent reason, very suddenly, every hair on my head would stand straight up.

Then came the sudden, inexplicable drops in temperature, usually accompanied by a strong flowery scent, also inexplicable. The baby's toys would start going all by themselves, the TV would change channels by itself. The blinds would move when there was no discernable draft... (not all at once, these events would happen either a couple together or seperately, usually the cold and smell were together)

But the worse thing was going up the stairs. The feeling I got as I ascended was one of intense dread - and it wasn't coming from inside me, if you know what I mean. It felt like there was someone standing in the upstairs hall staring me down with utter hatred, like they wanted me dead. Seriously, it felt like if ...IT... could have pushed me down the stairs, it would have.

This all became progressively worse from the beginning of November to probably the beginning of February and a lot of what happened my husband noticed too, like I'd feel it and not say anything then he'd turn to me and ask 'did you see/feel that?'. The atmosphere in the house was oppressive.

It reached a sort of crescendo and then just stopped. Just like that. No cold, no smell, no 'shadow people', no toys going, no channels changing, no blinds moving, no dread of going upstairs and the atmosphere is light and ... normal.

Hand over heart I swear that I'm not the nervous type, I'm not given to flights of fancy and imagination, I'm pretty well grounded in common sense and practicality, but what was happening in this house was too freakin' creepy.

BTW, the house was built in 1889, so I'm sure it has it's share of history.

edit for typo

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After 3 days without sleep, I start to see little "animals" run around. Its just Real Quick and its always out of the corner of My eyes.

+1

Hullabalutions
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Only after a long night of hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Amityville haunting was a hoax

I know! Thank God!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ginger,

Anymore details?

So anyway, the day we moved in, or rather that night as we were putting the beds together etc, something really weird happened. We started to fight, but the thing is, neither of us wanted to, we'd had a great day, really pulled together as a team and were excited about the new house and we hardly ever fight. But this time my husband, who has never even raised his voice to me became scary, it was like it wasn't him or something. I was sort of scared, but at the same time, I had a really strong feeling that I shouldn't back down.

I stayed calm, didn't shout back, but made it clear that I wasn't going to put up with it and yeah, I'll admit, I started to pray.

But then a while later the baby suddenly became uncharacteristically upset. He was so, so angry, he kept hitting me and pushing me away. So I held him tight and prayed some more. It was scary (to me, my fear was inexplicable, because you'd expect a baby to pick up on the atmosphere, or even be upset being in a stange new house), but again I felt very strongly that I shouldn't give in to the fear.

Then came the sudden, inexplicable drops in temperature, usually accompanied by a strong flowery scent, also inexplicable. The baby's toys would start going all by themselves, the TV would change channels by itself. The blinds would move when there was no discernable draft... (not all at once, these events would happen either a couple together or seperately, usually the cold and smell were together)

But the worse thing was going up the stairs. The feeling I got as I ascended was one of intense dread - and it wasn't coming from inside me, if you know what I mean. It felt like there was someone standing in the upstairs hall staring me down with utter hatred, like they wanted me dead. Seriously, it felt like if ...IT... could have pushed me down the stairs, it would have.

This all became progressively worse from the beginning of November to probably the beginning of February and a lot of what happened my husband noticed too, like I'd feel it and not say anything then he'd turn to me and ask 'did you see/feel that?'. The atmosphere in the house was oppressive.

It reached a sort of crescendo and then just stopped. Just like that. No cold, no smell, no 'shadow people', no toys going, no channels changing, no blinds moving, no dread of going upstairs and the atmosphere is light and ... normal.

edit for typo

Ginger,

I believe every word you typed.  Frankly, I think you have, or had, an evil spirit in your house.  No, not a ghost, but an evil spirit, one of Satan's followers.

The best thing you did was pray.  I commend you for it.  I strongly recommend you pray every day in your home.  Ask the Lord to bless your home with His spirit and to protect your family from Satan's influence.

Read the scriptures and do other spiritually uplifting activities to strengthen your family.  You can turn your home into a spiritual haven from the evil things of the world.

Satan and his followers were cast down from heaven (Revelation 12:9).  They will never enjoy the blessings that come with having a body, and they despise you because you do have one.  These evil spirits seek to make you miserable like unto themselves.

By praying to your Heavenly father and engaging in spiritually uplifting activities, you will find very real protection from Satan and his forces.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am a man who walks alone
And when I’m walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it’s dark

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a constant fear that someones always near
I have a phobia that someone’s allways there

Have you run your fingers down the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you’re searching for the light?
Sometimes when you’re scared to take a look
At the corner of the room
You’ve sensed that something’s watching you

Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no one’s there?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you’re sure there’s someone there

Watching horror films the night before
Debating wiches and folklore
The unkown troubles on your mind
Maybe your mind is playing tricks
You sense and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind

I have a constant fear that someones always near
I have a phobia that someone’s allways there

When I’m walking a dark road
I am a man who walkes alone

Iron Maiden!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
We need a shadow people smiley
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We need a shadow people smiley

You mean a smilie that you can only see out of the corner of your eye??  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#12]
                                                        GHOST THREAD  GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                                        GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                             GHOST THREAD
                                        GHOST THREAD
                                                        GHOST THREAD
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
yeah I have seen shadow people out of the corners of my eyes before.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Live next to a road? Maybe light from a passing car creates an illusion of movement in the corner of your eye?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
who says shadow people have to be scary? try and make friends

Our resident ghost (I suspected "shadow person" at first) had gotten fairly active until about a month ago.  One evening, while home alone, I had a long (albeit one-sided ) talk with him.  Then it quit.

Out of the blue, these relatives show up at our house one Saturday a.m. (two weekends ago, IIRC), wanting to look at the house.  They said they just buried their grandmother (our ghost's wife), who passed away after a long illness.

At first, I thought they may be trying to case the joint, so I looked it up online (I knew her name because the next door neighbors were friends of theirs) and she had died two days prior.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A friend of mine lived in an old victorian mansion.  Out of the corner of his eye he and his wife would occasionally see one or two women dressed from the 1800's go up or down a staircase.  If he tried to look directly at them, they were not there.  There were other sounds at wierd times also but never experienced any harm from the ghosts.
Research revealed that  two spinsters lived there around the late 1800's.

Did he ever see them dyke out?  That would be smokin'.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Masturbate in front of them...it works great for all kinds of ghosts and spirits according to one arfcommer.  

I hear it makes them stop coming around.

TXL

Yeah.  I don't think there are any laws against child pronography when the girl(14 IIRC) is an ghost.

HAHAHAHAHA! I remember that thread/post! Hilarious!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Shadow people
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

they are demons.  I recommend against it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeez. 44 years old and I never, even once, saw anything "spooky". Never had funny feelings, never seen anything that would in any way, shape or form be considered "supernatural". (unless you count that one chick back in college that .......... never mind. That's a wee bit off topic).

Actually, I did here some funny noises one time in the middle of the night in a cabin out in the woods once. Turned out to be a raccoon .......... totally fucking boring.

How come you guys get to have all the fun?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
snip>  Masturbate in front of them...  

country music also works well

wait,.... what kind of shadow people are we talking about again?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Live next to a road? Maybe light from a passing car creates an illusion of movement in the corner of your eye?

Cul de sac. Every now and then. But no car was present when this took place.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ginger,

Anymore details?

I'm assuming you mean about my strange occurences and not American Idol, so here goes...

I noticed something funny about the place the first time we came over, after we had been given the keys. We wanted to take measurements and decide which room would go to whom and where everything would go, etc.

<snip>

Hand over heart I swear that I'm not the nervous type, I'm not given to flights of fancy and imagination, I'm pretty well grounded in common sense and practicality, but what was happening in this house was too freakin' creepy.

BTW, the house was built in 1889, so I'm sure it has it's share of history.

edit for typo

Jennifer Love Hewitt didn't recently visit, did she?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a man who walks alone
And when I’m walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

<snip>

Have you run your fingers down the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you’re searching for the light?
Sometimes when you’re scared to take a look
At the corner of the room
You’ve sensed that something’s watching you

<snip>

Iron Maiden!!

Yeah, blame it all on Eddie!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I've always wanted a friend named Captain Howdy............ NOT!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

+1 on that. There is one at the hospital that I've learned to recognize its shape and movements. It is only seen prior to one of the patients expiring.

wganz

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ginger,

I believe every word you typed.  Frankly, I think you have, or had, an evil spirit in your house.  No, not a ghost, but an evil spirit, one of Satan's followers.

The best thing you did was pray.  I commend you for it.  I strongly recommend you pray every day in your home.  Ask the Lord to bless your home with His spirit and to protect your family from Satan's influence.

Read the scriptures and do other spiritually uplifting activities to strengthen your family.  You can turn your home into a spiritual haven from the evil things of the world.

Satan and his followers were cast down from heaven (Revelation 12:9).  They will never enjoy the blessings that come with having a body, and they despise you because you do have one.  These evil spirits seek to make you miserable like unto themselves.

By praying to your Heavenly father and engaging in spiritually uplifting activities, you will find very real protection from Satan and his forces.

Shane, I absolutely believe that. I pray a lot, sometimes it's not even a conscious act on my part, more instinct.

I also believe that whatever it is/was, it wanted my family. It clearly tried to replace our love with anger. and divided we shall fall. You're right, it wanted us to descend into misery. Little did it know that our family had circled the outer ring of Hell together when I was ill and because of it are stronger than ever.

The funny thing is, the activity stopped at around the same time as I had started focusing on the mind/body/spirit aspect of my cancer recovery. This strongly encourages meditation, guided imagery and recognising your spirituality along with diet and exercise, all of which combine to boost your immune system and improve your quality of life. (It's common practice, not intended to replace traditional cancer treatments, rather to enhance one's sense of wellbeing a lot of cancer survivors practice it)

The spiritual aspect I had covered. So I started to focus on the meditation and while doing so, my mind led me to the guided imagery part. Basically, what it involves is looking inside yourself and picturing any stray cancer cells, then picturing your immune system destroying them like so many little PacMen.

But my imagery took on the form of the cancer cells being little Devil-like creature and my immune system being Angels. I'm talking Warrior Angels, real Old Testament fire and brimstone types. And together we travelled through my system destroying any bad cells we came across. It sounds silly, but it wasn't what I was planning when I began the task.

The thing is, since then I have felt very strongly like there is a Divine Presence with me, surrounding me. I truly feel like there are Angels standing beside me and I believe that it comes from the prayer and meditation. I have never felt stronger.

Wishful thinking? Maybe ... I choose to believe because at the end of the day, faith is all we have left.

Oh, btw, Wise Jake had said about having a talk with his ghost, at around the same time as I had started with the meditation, my husband did the same thing. He told it out loud "Leave my wife alone".

I would NOT try to make friends with it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd say the majority of these "ghosts" can be chalked up to an over-active imagination and sleep deprivation. I am not saying they don't exist though, some things are beyond rational explaination
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't get to concerned about stuff in your far peripheral vision. Floaters, other things. Your peripheral vision(rods) are very sensitive to contrast and have heightened sensitivity for night vision as opposed to your rods which make up your central visual fields at the macula. These give better resolution.

However,
From another thread I started:

I was born and raised a christian. However, I have been interested in other ideas about religion all of my life. Back in my Marine Corps days I did briefly read on American Indian spiritualism and sorcery. One of the things I read was that our death is there with us, behind us, at all times through our life. That was about 1977.

Now I am a pretty conservative guy and see plenty of psychopathology as a doc. I am as skeptical as they come but I have had a few isolated experiences thru my life during which I have seen things, had precognitive experiences, visions of a sort, etc. Very rare, esp during some stages in my life. More common during others. You could call many of them hunches, intuition, etc. Some were more.

One night last week I was sitting right here at my computer, on ARFCOM of course, and saw a movement out of the left corner of the room. I looked right at it and it briefly moved(about a full sec, long enough to get a good look) across the side of the room. Dark, shadowy, black, shaggy sort of. Long enough to make sure I had a good look and then faded right out.

I knew right away what it was and also what it was about. It was a warning.
I had seen it once or twice before.
Why warn me? I have no fricking idea.
Does it happen to others? I have no fricking idea.
If it does, do they realize?

The next day I had to drive to get my son at college and drove almost half of it in a total white out. Blizzard conditions, winding hilly roads. I'd like to say that I had a few close calls but in all honesty the whole thing was one long close call.

Now I knew to expect something as was possibly more aware.
Or maybe that wasn't it at all but something I have no idea about that came and went.

But I feel compelled to tell others.

The way I remember it, death is with us always, over our left shoulder, our guardian over our right.

Make of it what you will.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok...I'll add my story from college.

100% true from start to finish. I'm gonna tell it and you can take it how you all wish.

I was a college student at UGA. I lived with a guy and a girl in a two bedrrom apartment. Me and the guy were in one room and the girl had the other room. She was a heavy sleeper and was always in bed by 10:00 or so.

We had a number of strange things that often happened in the house. The first two are subject to interpretation. You can attribute them to ligitimate reasons, but they way they started happening was not.

The first encounter or occurance we had was the sinks turning on. We would leave the apartment or just rooms and walk back in to find different sinks in the apartment turned on. Strange right...but I'm sure it could be attributed to some sort of back pressure or something. I'm sure a plumber could tell me for sure. But, it was strange that it would come on full force and only happened when we were NOT in the room.

Second strange thing: The guy and I shared a bathroom just outside our room across our hall. Basically 6-7 feet from the edge of my bed to the door of the bathroom.  At numerous times at night, our toilet seat would drop. Ok..that happens when you leave it up on some toilets if it is not installed correctly or it is not the right size. But it always scared the crap out of us in the middle of the night. SO, my roommate and I started to record when it happened. AND to be sure it wasn't us just leaving it up, we began to varify for each other if it was down. For instance, with both the bathroom door and the bedroom door open you could see directly into the bathroom. So, whoever went to the bathroom last before turning in would yell at the other to double check it by looking in. And we both say "DOWN" so we'd remember for sure. Anyway, about 3 out of every 10 nights it would still happen in the middle of the night.

Last strange thing that happened that really set it all in our minds that the apartment was haunted to some extent-  The computer desk was directly to the left of the door. Like a lot of guys do in college, We would often switch off playing computer games or look online and what not. Because of the way that the room was setup the other bed (my roommate's) closest to the door was about 2 feet from the  computer.  A lot of times if he was playing a game I wanted to see I'd just sit on the edge of his bed and watch him play the game and vice versa. One night I was on the computer and it was late(3:00 am or so). He'd(the roommate) turned the light off so he could sleep while I was on the computer. It had been about 30 minutes since the last time he'd said something so I figured he was asleep.  Just about that time I hear a noise at the bedroom door.  I looked over and watched the doorknob turn...and the door opened about 6 inches. Now I know that some will say that air pressure can make a door open if it isn't closed all the way. BUT I WATCHED THE DOORKNOB TURN.  Due to looking from the lit up screen to the darkness of the hallway, I could not see anything in the hall. Stranger still...it remained open for about 10 seconds then completely closed right back. ai was frozen there while all this happened and without looking over my shoulder (I was still looking at the door trying to figure out what just occured) I whispered "Did you just see that?" I turned my head and my roommate who I expected to see sleeping was sitting straight up in bed with his baseball bat in hand. We swept the entire apartment and nothing was there. We moved as soon as the semester was over.

True story....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Better call these guys

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Ginger,

Talking with them is not usually encouraged.  Whether that be to make friends or to tell them to 'eff' off.  I knew that in advance, but did it anyway.

Shame on me, though it did work out in the end.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Not to hijack your thread but I will share my weird "shadow people" encounter...

About three years ago, I purchased this 2300 acre farm that borders our farms headquarters to the northeast.  I have always really liked the looks of the place since I was a child and my great great grandfather and uncles had actually had one of their original homesteads on the place.  In any event they had moved around and made their homes on land in the area and eventually gave up the place to some other people.  Since buying the place I have talked with others and my father who recounted stories of the place when their parents were still alive and it seems to have a somewhat creepy background which is not helping my with my paranoia.

Apparently, in the 1870's and 1880's when they aquired the ground origionally they had several spats with the indians in the area, killing some and wounding my great-great uncle.  There was a campground for these indians on the place (which is a really good area to find arrowhead, monos and mattatas, etc.. (sp?)).  In the 1970's, the previous family that had the place from about 1910-2002 found a skeleton of a child on the place, which after examination by a state office, was found to be of a young indian girl which the sent back out to be reburied in the same area as found.  That family has had several members die down there over the years and some of the early ones are still down there in  now-unmarked graves someplace.  They said that they had always felt uneasy down there.  In 1987, strangely enough my second cousin was killed down there working on a powerline for the electric company.  

So today I have the place and have experianced some weirdness.  I was down there one night getting things ready to bale some alfalfa early in the morning and the yardlight went out and it got pretty chilly for awhile, I could almost feel something watching my and the hired man that was there with me.  We went back to my pickup and it wouldn't start, wouldn't even show the time on the clock, like it was completely dead.  Funny thoughts were running through my mind and the hired man was completely freaking out, in fact he jumped out of the pickup and started running down the road towards town.  A few minutes went by and I could see some blue and pink "?lights?" out in the field blinking around.  And then the yard light came on, pickup started just fine, and I got the hell out of there.

There is alot of other strange little things that go on around that area, lost tools, unlocked doors, equiptment tinkered with....other strange little things that don't merit mention.

To this day I can't get the hired man to go back down there after dark, I have a hard time going back down myself, and always feel as if something nasty that I can't see is stalking me while I'm down there.  I know it is probably silly, but that place scares the hell out of me at night.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ginger,

Talking with them is not usually encouraged.  Whether that be to make friends or to tell them to 'eff' off.  I knew that in advance, but did it anyway.

Shame on me, though it did work out in the end.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't open any line of communication. I strongly rejected it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So today I have the place and have experianced some weirdness.  I was down there one night getting things ready to bale some alfalfa early in the morning and the yardlight went out and it got pretty chilly for awhile, I could almost feel something watching my and the hired man that was there with me.  We went back to my pickup and it wouldn't start, wouldn't even show the time on the clock, like it was completely dead.  Funny thoughts were running through my mind and the hired man was completely freaking out, in fact he jumped out of the pickup and started running down the road towards town.  A few minutes went by and I could see some blue and pink "?lights?" out in the field blinking around.  And then the yard light came on, pickup started just fine, and I got the hell out of there.

Similar thing happened to my dad while he and his companion were driving through a part of the indian reservation.  Except that in Dad's case, they were driving along in their truck when it suddenly went dead as a doornail.  Dad saw dark figures gathering around the pickup.  Well, Dad went into serious praying mode and a few moments later the pickup suddenly started again.  Dad put the peddle to the metal and sped out of there as fast as he could.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The real question is: how many of us admit that when something like this (hearing a noise, seeing a shadow, etc., something the vast majority of the population considers innocuous) happens to us, that we must clear the entire house, armed?

Admit it, you do it too.

Clearing the house as a team does help with family unity.

Quoted:
Not to hijack your thread but I will share my weird "shadow people" encounter...

To this day I can't get the hired man to go back down there after dark, I have a hard time going back down myself, and always feel as if something nasty that I can't see is stalking me while I'm down there.  I know it is probably silly, but that place scares the hell out of me at night.  

I am sure that if you bring this up at your local gun store, that they can set you up with something.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jennifer Love Hewitt didn't recently visit, did she?

If Miss Hewitt were to pass away next week and come to vist, I would want to be more than "just friends".
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright, these ghost stories have inspired me to tell mine.  I thought I was crazy, but maybe not:

This happened a couple of weeks ago.  I woke up about 4am, and I was groggy, but I swore I could hear someone walking around in the attic.  I got up and checked around, made sure the doors were all locked.  I noticed nothing out of the ordinary until I walked into the big room and saw that the attic door was open.  There was no way I left it open, whenever I go into the attic, closing the door is a chore, I have to lift it to engage the latch as it's old and warped.  I always shut it and know when I do.  So know I think I have an intruder.  I arm-up and head into the attic... nothing.  But I did get a serious case of heeby-jeebies like you wouldn't believe, hair standing and all, and a feeling like there were many eyes on me.  I couldn't get down the stairs fast enough.  Once I was downstairs, the feeling went away.  It took me over a week to work up the courage to go back up.

EDIT: I wonder how much a Proton Pack and trap costs?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Similar thing happened to my dad while he and his companion were driving through a part of the indian reservation.  Except that in Dad's case, they were driving along in their truck when it suddenly went dead as a doornail.  Dad saw dark figures gathering around the pickup.  Well, Dad went into serious praying mode and a few moments later the pickup suddenly started again.  Dad put the peddle to the metal and sped out of there as fast as he could.

I have had complaints of that except it was from some guys working for me in the wee hours of the morning and the tractor will just go dead and not start....and eventually the lights will come back on and they can restart it and keep going---less than 1yr old machines.  Haven't ever had a mention of things gathering around though.

Strange....have a problem with the auto-steer units on machines and GPS guidance systems down (no satilites in a wide open field) there too....drives my dealer nuts.

Edit:  Oh how I absolutely dread getting a phone call in the at 3-4am from them saying there is something wrong and they won't go back down there until I come and check the place out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have had complaints of that except it was from some guys working for me in the wee hours of the morning and the tractor will just go dead and not start....and eventually the lights will come back on and they can restart it and keep going---less than 1yr old machines.  Haven't ever had a mention of things gathering around though.

Strange....have a problem with the auto-steer units on machines and GPS guidance systems down there too....drives my dealer nuts.

My personal observation:  Don't mess around near native american religious sites.  Seems to be a lot of bad juju in those places.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shadow people

thats what i'm thinking

Several people have seen unexplainable shadows in my place.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought I was the only one.  I was afraid to say anything to anybody because I thought they would think I'm crazy.

The shadow thing happens to me all the time, at least once a week.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I thought I was the only one.  I was afraid to say anything to anybody because I thought they would think I'm crazy.

The shadow thing happens to me all the time, at least once a week.

Seriously.

You have Transformers in your house.  By the time you look their direction, they've already transformed into furniture, walls, appliances, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Jeez. 44 years old and I never, even once, saw anything "spooky". Never had funny feelings, never seen anything that would in any way, shape or form be considered "supernatural". (unless you count that one chick back in college that .......... never mind. That's a wee bit off topic).

Actually, I did here some funny noises one time in the middle of the night in a cabin out in the woods once. Turned out to be a raccoon .......... totally fucking boring.

How come you guys get to have all the fun?

man sucks to be you, you are a boring person. that has to be boring. You never get any good stories to tell
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hmmm...interesting.  Considering all the spirits who are around us every day of the year, perhaps you really saw something.  Then again, it could be your imagination playing tricks on you.

Even when you are alone and whacking it?  I'm embarrassed now!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#47]
ok now i want my wubbie
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#48]
What's bad is when you wake up because something is gripping your wrist really hard...
I didn't move for about 15 minutes or so, and then whatever the Hell it was let go and disappeared...

Never saw it though, and I sleep with the bedroom door locked from the inside.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top