Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 9:26:22 PM EDT
There is something being overlooked on this issue. It is said in the media spin machine of the republican party that Hispanics will do the jobs that whites won't. THere might be some truth if by "whites" they mean 'whites over 30 yrs old. What about college kids? My parents both worked to make ends meet. I did get a couple of grants, but I had to work. The jobs I could get were limited to basically menial labor. I needed a job to get through college. There were times when I considered dropping out of college due to finances.

I truly believe that if amnesty is granted, the middle class will lose their ability to attend college. This will raise the upper class because those kids that don't need college jobs will graduate with degrees, and with the middle class kids being forced to drop out, there will be a shortage in degreed applicants, thus forcing higher pay for these positions. THe rich will get richer, and the gap between the classes will widen. Crime rates will rise dramatically, causing the government to impose even tighter societal controls, like total gun control.. Micor chip implantation will become an even more attractive course. Without guns in the hands of the populace, and micorchips monitoring personal finance, the "mark of the beast" prophecy could easily come to fruition.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
don't forget the smoke billowing out of the pit of hell in Iraq, and the gathering of armys to a place were they will all be dead and their bones will turn to dust before they hit the ground.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I should mention that I am a registered Republican, but with their countless misdeeds regarding proper government protocols, they have become the BIG BROTHER, their platform used to guard against. TImes are a chang'n folks. The blind following of political parties should be evaluated.

When did it become acceptable to have politicians read from speeches they did not even write? Speeches are just sales fodder these days. There is no accountability for mistruths. And having to wait four years to vote out an idiot is idiotic.

A leader without followers is a fool...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
don't forget the smoke billowing out of the pit of hell in Iraq, and the gathering of armys to a place were they will all be dead and their bones will turn to dust before they hit the ground.

I hope you're not being sarcastic. Things are lining up along those very possibilities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top