Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 4:11:06 PM EDT
This is not a drill, I have my bug out bag and my AR with me right now... I'm on a third floor apartment, so best place is my shower.  I will keep you posted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,we had some go off here too at G-town KY,damned things took forever to go off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
if it hits, stand up and click your heels together and say "theres no place like home, theres no place like home" repete as often as neccesarry.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I lived in Rantoul for several months. My wife and I had a cheap trailer just off base and had been told of the many tornados that come through Il.  One night we heard one coming and were freaking out untill the train whistled and we figured it out.

Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
We just had that a few hours ago.

Man, those were some strong winds!!

Sirens and hailstones and everything - but no actual tornado touched down anywhere near me.  Hopefully you'll be fine.  Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is not a drill, I have my bug out bag and my AR with me right now... I'm on a third floor apartment, so best place is my shower.  I will keep you posted.

yeah my dumbass bro-in-law is out and about in champaign and says that he'll be watchin' for it.  he's going to mcdonalds to take his kids to the indoor playground.  you know-THE ONE WITH GLASS!!!

jake
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I would take a hurricane here in FL over a tornado any day...  At least a hurricane has plenty of warning...

Be safe you guys in the MidWest...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Just passed by Springfield an hour ago, hear that it nailed Taylorville pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Round II will be in a few hours,what y'all getting will come visit us soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Confirmed tornado touch down just northeast of Bloomington.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=228378

And its only April 2nd.

We have about 2 more months of violent storms!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm near Weldon Springs, MO just outside St. Louis.

About 30 homes with roofs peeled back and siding ripped off.

My house is OK, I think.  Will probably get insurance people to check it just in case.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
and people laugh at me for getting one of these....

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
just checked the radar Indiana keep your head down something wicked this way cometh.  I have a lot of people up around S. Bend looks like it may go through there judging by the storm tracks...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like everything died down.  My internet is down, but other than that, everythings good.  Currently stealing a neighbors WiFi signal.  Tornado watch 'til 1am, so looks like this might be an interesting night.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
wow.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#17]
another system developing over Springfield, I'd bet that I'm out spotting again tonite before it's over!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

fototime.com/4E72090B08F63FD/standard.jpg

and I'm still laughing, I live right in the middle of tornado alley, and I've never had one come within 10 miles of my residence, now this one time I was visiting in texas is a whole nother matter.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Details?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think it's cool,like an underground treehouse!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's cool,like an underground treehouse!

+1
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
now the storms are headed for Cle, where me sis resides
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just passed by Springfield an hour ago, hear that it nailed Taylorville pretty good.

My inlaws live in Taylorville.

They called just after it passed.

They had to use their cell phone because lights and land line was out.
They wanted to make sure we were okay because we were in the path of the
same line of storms.  (underground power lines rule!)

Their large pine tree in the back yard is now roots-up.

Trees along the road between them and downtown blocking traffic.

Apparently the ACE hardware was pulvarized.

They said they were waiting on official word on if it was a tornado, or just strong winds.

Brother-in-law lives in Springfield.

The photos that were posted on this forum from the last storm are well known to us.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm north of Champaign...Smoking a Bacca blend in my pipe with the garage door open and all of a sudden, rain and a freakin huge gust of wind..green shit flashing in the sky....my shit went everywhere...damn!!!!Power is off and the freakin garage is being flooded....Thank goodness for the manual pull rope.  All I can say is DAMN!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm north of Champaign...Smoking a Bacca blend in my pipe with the garage door open and all of a sudden, rain and a freakin huge gust of wind..green shit flashing in the sky....my shit went everywhere...damn!!!!Power is off and the freakin garage is being flooded....Thank goodness for the manual pull rope.  All I can say is DAMN!!!

It came on very suddenly here as well (west of St. Louis).  One minute it was nice out, and then within minutes it got very dark and incredibly strong winds kicked up, followed by tons of rain and hail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top