Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:52:29 PM EDT
Ok, anyone got a corporate fax number for these people?  Just got in from outside, and I'm not a happy person!!  Like a dumbass, I tried to save a little money just over a year ago, bought a Bolens mower (made by MTD).  

About two months after I had it (last season), lower handle broke, and I'm the only one that uses it.  We don't even mow a very large area, and I've probably owned a couple dozen push mowers in my life, and I'm basically pretty gentle on machinery.  Figured, "Well, what the hell, these things can happen, and maybe it was bad out of the box.  Store (Lowes), said tough luck, call their support number, their support gave me the run around on getting it fixed (new part), I sucked it up and spent $30.00 for a new lower handle from W. J. Connell, and put it on last fall.  I mowed about a dozen times and put it up for the winter.  Mowed today, first time this season - guess what?  Lower handle (the "new" one) broke on the opposite side, exactly the same place but opposite side as last time.

I should also say that it is a mulching mower, and when you mow and it's very dry out, the dust and shredded grass blow back toward/ in your face due to the poor design of the discharge chute / mulching attachment.  The wheels are getting wobbly as hell due to the area where the bolt goes through being nothing but plastic, no metal liner or reinforcements at all - and the plastic must be some pretty soft stuff.

Let me say that almost 20 years ago, had a mower (Murray El Junko) that lasted over 12 years and still ran fine when I got rid of it, with all original parts other than wheels and blade.  Bought a place with a little larger yard, and that 18" had to go!  At times I said little prayers for God to take it to that junkyard in the sky, but it never happened.

I know that I"m going to hear that it's my own fault for buying junk, but want to know what?  I didn't expect it to last forever, I knew it wasn't Toro quality, but I sure as hell expected it to last longer than a year and be in this condition.

Feel free to email or IM me for info or with answers.  Sheesh.  MournSword
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I couldn't find the usa info, I found all the third world country stuff though, which speaks volumes by itself!!  Still missing the fax number though, anyone got it? MournSword
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top