Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:00:59 PM EDT
So my buddy calls me up 6 weeks ago and tells me his washer is broken. I ask him what model and what fault it is displaying and he tells me. I tell him it is an EASY fix and here is what he has to do. He would rather not and he calls for service. Being that he is out of state I cannot help him other than advise.

he calls the local service company and they say they need to order the parts and give him an estimate. He freaks about that and so through my connections I get the manufacturer to cover the repair under a special authorization.

You would think there would be a small modocum of gratitude... not really.

Service company comes out and blames HIM for breaking the washer. (Now unless there is a knife sticking out of the appliance you NEVER blame a customer... very unprofessional) anyway... they replace parts and STILL doesnt work... He calls me all pissed again. I tell him sounds like the mixing collector box is leaking... have the company check that out as well.

They come out now for the THIRD time and it has been 5 weeks without a washer. Granted I can see how he would be pissed. They even used his towels (ANOTHER MAJOR NO-NO... NEVER borrow a customer's tools, towels or ask them for physical assistance) And WHAT DO YOU KNOW the mixing collector box is leaking!!! I friggin told him that didnt I?

THIS IS WHERE I GET PISSED!!!  

YES! the service company fucked up.. I agree. My friend calls me Thursday night saying he got a lawyer and he is gonna sue the manufacturer and the servicer. THIS GUY now has 3 lawsuits pending as it is. He is making suing people a habit.

I told him. There is no need for a lawyer. I will call the manufacturer and get the regional manager involved. I call the RSM (good friend of mine) and he says that he will replace the whole washer with a new model. Mind you my friends washer is 4 years old, out of warranty and the manufacturer doesnt have to do shit for him. Call my friend and tell him the good news... He comes back with "Well that is the least they should do for me!" I said "WTF??? they are not to blame for this at all.. the incompetent service company is to blame"

Last night he calls me and says that he is still gonna sue the servicer. I said "For what? you didnt pay any money out of pocket, you are getting a BRAND NEW washer for NOTHING! He comes back with this overdramatic bullshit how his wife almost left him over this mess and that he wants to be compensated for 'pain & suffering' and for replacement of his towels.

Again... WHAT THE FUCK??

I said for "sopping up dirty water? you wipe dirtier water out of the crack of your ass after a shower!! Besides, if your wife is gonna leave you over a washing machine problem... you have bigger problems than a broken washer!"

WHY do people have to sue over every single time their 'feeewings' get hurt??
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I am offended.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What possible damages could he sue for?

The price of going to a laundromat for a couple of weeks?  Look for an award of 10 bucks.  Don't spend it all in one place there, bud.

Oh, and if his wife almost left him over something this trivial, he needs to seriously reevaluate his marriage.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
As a professional ambulance chaser I am offended by this post, you will be hearing from my office tomorrow.

Let me know who his attorney is so I can help by kicking that SOB in the nuts.

SBG
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think what you are trying to say is that...we all broke the washer.

I broke the washer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
hahahahaha
Your buddy sounds like a class act.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Your "friend" is a whiney little bitch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am offended.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
You need to hit that mofo with a gigantic pipe wrench. Just in the knees or something, just hard enough to teach him not to be a whiny bitch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
no offence intended, but that would be the last time I helped him out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This is the bottom line.  'nuff saud.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am offended.

+1

The insinuation that my ass crack is dirty has ruined my career as an underwear model .... YOU WILL PAY.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#13]
It's Bush's fault.  

I say go forward with the law suit.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#15]

He comes back with this overdramatic bullshit how his wife almost left him over this mess and that he wants to be compensated for 'pain & suffering' and for replacement of his towels.

No offense, but his wife probably almost left him because she was sick of his whiny-ass bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I suggest you make him an "ex" friend before he sues you too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
wow...i would no longer offer him any help but I would also call and speak with the manager friend and cancel the new washing machine.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#18]
What does Dr. Frige get out of this friendship?..(except a headache).

I would have just said to him, "hey, from now on just get a lawyer to come over and fix your washer, don't call me!"
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]

I bet you are going to be even happier when you get a subpeona to testify at the civil trial about your role in this clusterfuck!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yeah, before he sues you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
No, I broke the washer.....and the levees..lol
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding. Next time he calls you [hope you don't get supeoned by this bitch] about an appliance tell him my most favorite words for sue happy aqquaintances. I DON'T KNOW. Call someone else.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2 For real.  Get rid of that asshole, before he starts spreading shit about you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No offense taken. I never understood why a friend of his for 15 years just turned his back on him... walked away and never said a word to him since.

Now I know why.

I am done... once this all blows over, I too will delete his phone # from my list.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What does Dr. Frige get out of this friendship?..(except a headache).

I would have just said to him, "hey, from now on just get a lawyer to come over and fix your washer, don't call me!"

You are 100% right. When Tylenol is called in to fix the problems in a friendship.. Time to reevaluate the friendship.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding. Next time he calls you [hope you don't get supeoned by this bitch] about an appliance tell him my most favorite words for sue happy aqquaintances. I DON'T KNOW. Call someone else.

I'll give a huge +1 to this.

Anyone that sues over "pain and suffering" involving a broken washing machine is a galactic level fucktard and you should put as much distance as possible between you and him.  The person that "thinks" like this is defective, irrational and cannot be trusted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#27]
You know what I hate about DrFrige's posts?  Having to scroll down VEEEEEEERRYYY slowly so I don't come across any spider pictures

Back on topic:  I'd smile and give up on that friendship.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
 I bet you are going to be even happier when you get a subpeona to testify at the civil trial about your role in this clusterfuck!

+1

Go pro-active.  OFFER to testify!  Provide as much testemony as is needed on behalf of the washer company.

Your "friend" is damaging your professional reputation with his actions.  Perhaps he needs to be made aware of your pain and suffering and loss of income as a result
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#29]
OH OH OH OH!!!!! I never told you the reason he has this high powered lawyer in the first place. His daughter (16) was in a car riding whereas her friend who is 16 as well flipped the car... she was injured.

He is now suing the insurance company, the driver and her parents AND the car manufacturer. I asked him "Why the car manufacturer? what did they do wrong?" His exact words were "My lawyer is having a mechanic go over the car with a fine tooth comb. If they find anything wrong they will sue the manufacturer because they have the deep pockets"

Wait a minute!!!

An inexperienced driver flips a car, his daughter was NOT wearing a seatbelt and you are gonna sue the car maker?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

His EXACT words to me when I asked "Damn you have lawsuits all over the place... what is with that?"

He said "Sue everybody...it's the American way"
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You know what I hate about DrFrige's posts?  Having to scroll down VEEEEEEERRYYY slowly so I don't come across any spider pictures

Back on topic:  I'd smile and give up on that friendship.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Dont give them IDEAS!!!

Oh this friendship with him is DONE...PUT THE FORK IN... YUP!!  ITS DONE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Yup, more un needed bullshit.

I feel for you buddy.

I also hope you never decided to sue me for all the spider grief....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#32]
DrFrige,

Shame, some people just do not listen
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
OH OH OH OH!!!!! I never told you the reason he has this high powered lawyer in the first place. His daughter (16) was in a car riding whereas her friend who is 16 as well flipped the car... she was injured.

He is now suing the insurance company, the driver and her parents AND the car manufacturer. I asked him "Why the car manufacturer? what did they do wrong?" His exact words were "My lawyer is having a mechanic go over the car with a fine tooth comb. If they find anything wrong they will sue the manufacturer because they have the deep pockets"

Wait a minute!!!

An inexperienced driver flips a car, his daughter was NOT wearing a seatbelt and you are gonna sue the car maker?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

His EXACT words to me when I asked "Damn you have lawsuits all over the place... what is with that?"

He said "Sue everybody...it's the American way"

So, DrFrige, here is where YOU SUE HIM for abusing your friendship and connections to the industry.  If it's the "American way", you may as well get yours from him...  fullclip
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#34]
IBTL - In Before The Lawsuit
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Tell him you're going to sue him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Greywolf's rule of life #8 - No good deed goes unpunished.  I am getting sick and tired of doing nice things for others and getting shafted for it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#37]
DrFridge your so right, people are Fuc..d up, move on there is nothing to see here that you and many others have not seen before.  Sounds like your friend is a bit sue crazy, no doubt they messed up big time!!!  And yes, your friend has way more problems if a washer gets between himself and his wife.    He seems to be lucky to have a friend like yourself.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
IBTL - In Before The Lawsuit

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Greywolf's rule of life #8 - No good deed goes unpunished.  I am getting sick and tired of doing nice things for others and getting shafted for it.

Oh no shit!! I was a neutral party between a husband and wife through rough times. I tried to help both but after the smoke cleared... I was the bad guy. The shit they both said about each other was fucking horrible. Oh well... its over.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
That's part of the problem.

Sounds like greed, add selfishness, rudeness, no disipline or personal responsibility and that pretty much covers most of problems with today's society.

Yup in a nutshell that is it. NOw when you have customers like this day in and day out. Is it NO WONDER I wanna get out of this business?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#42]
He needs a good ass kicking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sounds like greed, add selfishness, rudeness, no disipline or personal responsibility and that pretty much covers most of problems with today's society.

In a nutshell - a lot of people no longer have any SHAME.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Just tonight a drunk at the bar could not get his car started,he comes to my window and says ''give me a ride a couple blocks'' I said sure go close your door,i drove away while he was doing so.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow, on that precident I can sue tyco for my kid leaving a toy in the hallway that I tripped over last night in the dark right?

Fieger, check your voice mail.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just tonight a drunk at the bar could not get his car started,he comes to my window and says ''give me a ride a couple blocks'' I said sure go close your door,i drove away while he was doing so.

Yeah and now the drunk got back in his car, started it and ran someone down... good goin' Harry!!!
Now that person that will get hit will sue YOU!!!

Just Kidding but hell you did the right thing... WTF was that guy thinking? GIVE ME A RIDE...

Give me a break
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a nutshell - a lot of people no longer have any SHAME.  

And if it keeps going the way it is now, you'll soon be tempted to have any candidates for friends to sign a friendship prenup agreement  with lawyers present

Well this guy wasnt that way when we were friends in high school. He was a really great guy. Or maybe he was always like this and just now it is showing its ugly head.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Oh no shit!! I was a neutral party between a husband and wife through rough times. I tried to help both but after the smoke cleared... I was the bad guy. The shit they both said about each other was fucking horrible. Oh well... its over.

HOLY SHIT!!! I JUST got a call from a friend of mine that reads these boards and thought that I was talking about him and his wife....
NO. The couple I was talking about has since divorced and each remarried... she remarried for the better... and he remarried... well lets just say... more drama. So before I get any more calls... the couple has NOTHING to do with ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Like I said in another thread, 32 ounce ballpeen hammer would be a good fix for this guy  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top