Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:34:46 PM EDT
Just for the sake of argument, What would the chances of a strong and already liked
Republican candidate if he ran on the issue of arresting and deporting all illegals ,
plus severe fines for any business found hiring one. And also putting the guard on the border to
permanently stop all crossings.

Does anyone think there are enough Americans to vote him into office.
you're thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:37:00 PM EDT
He wont win because any realist knows it will be IMPOSSIBLE to arrest and deport all of them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:37:29 PM EDT
No, but Tancredo just may try
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:39:56 PM EDT
Well, to tell you the truth, I think any hard core conservative would do well. The trick is to ACTUALLY RUN AS AN UNAPOLOGETIC CONSERVATIVE! Heck, even hard core liberals act like conservatives when they want to get elected. Kerry tried to pass himself off as a pro-gun guy, for Christ's sake.

A hard core and energetic conservative would have people coming out of the woodwork to vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 9:43:41 PM EDT by Airwolf]
As long as they had a decent grasp on foreign policy issues and the proper role of the military (ie: kicking terrorist ass wherever we find it, telling the UN to fuck off, protecting American and our friends interests over kissing other countries asses), I not only would vote and support them financially, I might even get off my ass and work toward their election.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL!

Massively fine and/or jail every employer and company that knowingly hires illegals.

Arrest and deport EVERY identified illegal, no exceptions.

End the whole "anchor baby" bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:44:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
Just for the sake of argument, What would the chances of a strong and already liked
Republican candidate if he ran on the issue of arresting and deporting all illegals ,
plus severe fines for any business found hiring one. And also putting the guard on the border to

you're thoughts.

I'd laugh, knowing he was bullshitting you all...

There is too much border to guard (I love the guys who think we can man towers every 100 yards - that would take more guards than the total strength of all the armed services combined including officers/pilots & others who aren't exactly trained for ground combat), too many illegals to arrest...

The only way to make a difference is to crackdown on the US farmers, construction contractors and others who are causingt the problem by hiring illegals...

Fines & civil forfieture of farms & businesses would go a long way...

Nothing else will work....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 9:49:49 PM EDT by TheTracker]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
He wont win because any realist knows it will be IMPOSSIBLE to arrest and deport all of them.

You are correct on that, but it's not impossible to severely fine any company that is found
hiring one. After a few get fined it will become known and they will tell them don't show up for
work anymore. And I do not buy the argument that no Americans will do these jobs.
The agriculture industry and Hotel industry will just have to pay a living wage to people.
Please do not say they can't afford it because most of them can, they just choose not too
because of illegals willing to do it cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:47:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 9:51:18 PM EDT by Mauser101]
This is basicly the platform Eric Roach is running on in his bid to replace Randy Cunningham. Unfortunately there are so many republicans running in the special election that it seems very possible one the (I believe) 3 democrats will win for this traditionally very republican district.

I don't know his stance on the 2A, though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:57:00 PM EDT

You are correct on that, but it's not impossible to severely fine any company that is found
hiring one. After a few get fined it will become known and they will tell them don't show up for
work anymore. And I do not buy the argument that no Americans will do these jobs.
The agriculture industry and Hotel industry will just have to pay a living wage to people.
Please do not say they can't afford it because most of them can, they just choose not too

That's it...

The problem is that most anti-illegal-immigration folks are fixated on fences, mines & guards, NOT on supply-side control....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:45:24 AM EDT

Agreed, it'd be difficult. I expect that such an attempt would be accompanied by a mandatory National ID so they could keep everyone sorted out, tracked and monitored. It'd take years to root out most of the illegals. But an effort that would pay big dividends for the country.

I don't care if my vegetables cost more; arrest the illegals, deport them, and if they get caught here again, send them to Iraq as forced labor to help rebuild the place.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:50:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By billclo:
send them to Iraq as forced labor to help rebuild the place.

The Iraqis would like that alot, I'm sure...

Why send our illegals over there, when there are honest Iraqis who will do (whatever) for a few dollars....

Now, if there are folks in other countries who'd like to come here vis-a-vis a tour of duty in Iraq, let 'em if they can make the same standards as a US citizen... Like most folks, I have no problem with legal immigrants of any kind, least of all the kind who introduce themselves to the US vis-a-vis the military...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:54:06 AM EDT
Houseguests will leave when the free food and drinks are gone. You usually don't have to deport all of them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:54:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

That's it...

The problem is that most anti-illegal-immigration folks are fixated on fences, mines & guards, NOT on supply-side control....

+1

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:48:48 AM EDT

This is the biggest lie that the government has managed to feed the citizens on the illegal alien invasion.

We easily have the manpower, funds, ability, and logistical support to arrest and deport all illegal aliens in this country. It wouldn't be done overnight, but it would easily be done. Most would self-deport if they couldn't receive work or services here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 8:06:41 AM EDT by AlvinYorkII]

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

you're thoughts.

I'd laugh, knowing he was bullshitting you all...

There is too much border to guard (I love the guys who think we can man towers every 100 yards - that would take more guards than the total strength of all the armed services combined including officers/pilots & others who aren't exactly trained for ground combat), too many illegals to arrest...

The only way to make a difference is to crackdown on the US farmers, construction contractors and others who are causingt the problem by hiring illegals...

Fines & civil forfieture of farms & businesses would go a long way...

Nothing else will work....

The Mexicans won't get serious about their own countries problems as long as they can shove their problems off on us. We can guard the border. We can stop all traffic at the legal crossings and make as many of the illegals return as possible at the same time and Mexico will have to listen. They do it with their neighbors to the south pretty effectively. Why can't we? Must be our goverments lack of will. Mexicos economy is so fucked up that if we put even the slightest pressure on them we would see a drop in the cross border incursions by drug dealers and their own army and militia. All it lacks is the will to do it, I'm hoping that the current Pres has the balls to do it and do it soon. After all he is a lame duck Pres anyway what does he have to worry about?

Alvin
Top Top