Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

www.glbarnes.com/pix185/Boar04.jpeg

wow!
So what are the requirements for a air rifle to take down boars like that reliably?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
As to scopes...

You will need a air rifle scope, the scopes designed for rifles are not strong enough.  It seems the air rifles have a different recoil, it recoils to the front rather than the rear and rifle scopes are braced for the rearward recoil.  You will destroy your high dollar rifle scope if you mount it on an air rifle.  Also, the scope mounts are different too.

Check out Airgunexpress.com
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Gamo

1000 fps , accurate, & don't break the bank

I own 2 myself
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I have.

Just sent it in yesterday to get "tuned" up after 20 years of use.

GM

Quoted:
RWS

1250 fps.

HH

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
RWS, I got one free from a friend that was all rusted up. I did some cleaning it still looks like shit but it definately has some power.

Omni
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
RWS, I got one free from a friend that was all rusted up. I did some cleaning it still looks like shit but it definately has some power.

Omni

RWS has pretty darn good customer service and a great lifetime warranty. I bet if you send it into them they'll fix it up for you free. I sent in one that I bought second hand after I did something to screw it up. THey fixed it, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
RWS..................breaks all the windows you want....................dont ask
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top