Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
 <---Banana tag.

CO
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I had my way, they would be the bureau of alcohol and tobacco, and they would be in the commerce department. Their arson investigation units would be transferred to someone else.

FBI
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Wrong bill I think.

Quote from NRA:

"To that end, the “Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Modernization and Reform Act of 2006” will soon be introduced"

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Let's make sure their "annual Bar-B-Que" is cancelled.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
for anyone who's interested:

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:1:./temp/~c109sQTGnE::

So ... that would allow firearm training schools to own post-86 machine guns?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Subcommittee Chairman Howard Coble (R-NC) and ranking member Bobby Scott (D-VA) agreed on the need to focus BATFE’s efforts on enforcing current laws against serious criminals, while not pursuing petty violations or undermining civil liberties.  
 NRA-ILA

But if they don't go after pretty offences, how will they get any convistion to justify their existence?

p.s.  Hello BAFTE Internet monitoring overlords!

LOL

I bet they could stay busy rounding up convicted felons that try to and fail to purchase guns or going after felons with guns.  I guess that's too dangerous for them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If I had my way, they would be the bureau of alcohol and tobacco, and they would be in the commerce department. Their arson investigation units would be transferred to someone else.

What about explosive licsense?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good to me, but the devil is in the details..

One, two committees and this bill could come out 180 degrees from the original intent.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
They need to push these bills through and get them approved right away.

The fact that they've actually had hearings on the issue makes it a little more likely that congress will take action.

Let me know when the bills are submitted.

Oh yeah...

FUCK THE BATFE!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
It can't come soon enough.  Now they're trying to put gunsmiths out of business.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#13]
That is one reason why the NRA is pushing this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top