Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 1:53:37 PM EDT
I just got a toshiba satellite, in order to connect I need to turn the "wireless switch on" the switch is supposed to be on my computer, where is it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
look in windows and look for the wireless setup. probably in control panel. no physical switch i think
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
On the right side, front corner, just below the volume knob and headphone & mic sockets.  Slide it toward the screen.  A little orange light will come on on the right side.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It should look like an Antenna with radio waves coming out. Usually function + F2
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the purchase...I bought one a year or so ago for 500 bux, and it's worked out very well. Survived a couple nasty drops, and general ham-fisted abuse on my part.

ETA: little clicky switch under the LED lights.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
As I speak to you on a Toshiba Satellite,I can assure you that it may NOT be Wi-Fi enabled , the switch is on the left side,all the way to the rear,its a slider,with a pilot lamp above it.My satellite has the switch,but is not hooked to any thing,I work off a Linksys card on the other side.It depends on the model Toshiba ,you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top