Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 1:53:13 PM EDT
Seem that for a bunch of men we know quite bit about vacuum cleaners.

so when getting a new one should one get a bag or bagless.

And why
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
bag. How do you empty a bagless without getting a face full of dust?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always felt the bag cleaners do a better job. You don't get them throwing the crap you sucked up into the air when you clean them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've heard the Dyson is the best bagless.

Aside from that though, to be honest, I've had both and haven't seen much difference between the two.

The real question should be Upright or Cylinder?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I always found cylinders to be more versatile
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had both and my next one will be bagged.

Sick and tired of dealing with all the crap coming back in my face out of the garbage bag when I try and empty the collector.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a Dyson, it's great. Works as advertised. We used to have an Orek and used a Kirby (both bag type) even had a bagless Hoover, the Dyson rocks. If you can afford it buy it.

Old Biker joke..

What the difference of a Hoover and a Harley? The postion of the dirtbag.......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Had both. i would take bagless anyday over bagged....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the Bissell  model 6594 or model 65792, a bagless vacuum cleaner that cost about $50.  You won't find a better vacuum cleaner at any price.  Dyson, Oreck and some others are good vacuum cleaners but not much better than the Bissell models above and it won't cost so much.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top