Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 11:34:18 AM EDT
My fiance lives in Lawrence, KS.  It's a nice neighborhood but we've always suspected the house across the street to be a drug house.  Cars always parked in the street at all hours, one person waits in the car while the other goes up to the door, rarely goes in, talks through the window.  The passengers often wait in the car several minutes before going up to the door.

We've often joked that we expect the DEA to show up any time.  Fiance called me today and said "Well the 'drug house' got raided by the ATF."  She said they were carrying out all kinds of guns.  She's not very "gun literate" so she couldn't explain much else to me.  I checked the local paper online but there wasn't anything in it yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, im in Topeka and i havnt heard nothing about that on the new's so far but ill have to keep a close eye on the new's and the paper for more detail's.

-Russel
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]
We did a joint warrant with ATF where we pulled over a 100 guns out of a convicted felon's business after we found out he was renting them out to local thugs.  Not one thing in the news about it.  Honestly, most warrant services go unreported by the media.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I figured this would atleast make the paper.  Lawrence is a ragingly liberal town and this is the sort of thing they'd eat up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I figured this would atleast make the paper.  Lawrence is a ragingly liberal town and this is the sort of thing they'd eat up.

It's just like Madison WI.  A raging liberal city.  Crime is vastly underreported because it would upset the utopian image.

ATF disarming drug dealers is something I can get behind all day long..........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yep!  it's the clowns who would use guns illegally who will ruin the fun for the rest of us
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just like Madison WI.  A raging liberal city.  Crime is vastly underreported because it would upset the utopian image.

I completely agree about disarming drug dealers.  I just figured they'd be all over the "scary guns confiscated" angle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the dog ok?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top