Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The F-4 kix azZ!!!!!!!!!

I was able to see 'em back in the day... last one flying were RF-4's IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Randy Cunningham; Robin Olds...

Great stuff! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Love the Droop Snoot.  Saw some RF4s at Ramstein AFB in 1994.  One of McNamara's "universal" equipment concepts that actually worked for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The F-4 kix azZ!!!!!!!!!

See'em???  Hell, I've still got scars from fixn'em!!

Quoted:
Randy Cunningham; Robin Olds...

Great stuff! Thanks!

Yeah, back when Randy wasn't a crook, but someone you hoped your kids would be like when they grow up...

D(PhabulousPhantomPhixer)Peacher
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Another great video.

I can remember seeing them up close at San Antonio International Airport when I was a kid.  Not sure why they were there at the time, but they were still in SE Asia schemes (late 60s/early 70s).  I remember thinking they were the most bad-ass things I had seen that close.

I can also remember seeing the sooty exhaust trails from waaaayy far away as they flew into town.

My dad has always waxed nostalgic for the fighters of his day (WWII) and I never thought about feeling the same for these old warbirds - but I do.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
you can still see them fly in Germany, Luftwaffe plans to use them till 2012

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
When you pushed the throttles up in those things, you knew something was happening.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish people who made videos like this would take off the bad music!

I want to hear the jet noise!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wish people who made videos like this would take off the bad music!
I want to hear the jet noise!

10 to 1 there was no sound for 99% of the film/video clips used.
A lot of it is probably public domain DOD film/video.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've loved the F-4s ever since I was a kid!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I never flew fast movers but I was very lucky to be one of the last AH-1 Cobra pilots.  When you look around at what was bad ass in the early 2000s (thats when the last Snakes left the Guard)it was pretty evident that the Army forgot to update that ol' sled.   However The Cobra carried the load of the -64s in DS/DS.  

I always got a little chill when I got in one...Thats a real warbird I was flying!  At least one of my units Snakes was a Viet Nam vet.   Talk about history.

Those are great vids.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The F-4 kix azZ!!!!!!!!!

See'em???  Hell, I've still got scars from fixn'em!!

D(PhabulousPhantomPhixer)Peacher

I've got a nice scar on my lower back (ok, the top of my ass) from one too.  I was sitting by the nose door watching launches (and waiting for red balls) and stood up to fast.    The last active duty US military F-4s were mine, the F-4Gs at Nellis AFB.  We sent them to the boneyard in 1996.    Thanks for the video KA3B!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]
tag... because this is cool stuff... wanna show it to others.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I never flew fast movers but I was very lucky to be one of the last AH-1 Cobra pilots.  When you look around at what was bad ass in the early 2000s (thats when the last Snakes left the Guard)it was pretty evident that the Army forgot to update that ol' sled.   However The Cobra carried the load of the -64s in DS/DS.  

I always got a little chill when I got in one...Thats a real warbird I was flying!  At least one of my units Snakes was a Viet Nam vet.   Talk about history.

Those are great vids.

Got pics? Maybe it's high time for a Cobra thread...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the Tomcat tribute video right next to it........
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Long live the Phantom.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Those are great vids.

Luckily the Marine Corps is keeping these great aircraft in front line service.  The four-bladed variants of it and the UH-1 should be coming online soon.  A far cry from the single engine UH-1 I was flying in a couple weeks ago over poppy fields!

I've always loved the F-4.  A little nostalgia I guess as my dad was an F-4B RIO back in the early 70s.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top