Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:46:04 AM EDT

Howard Stern lashes out at some fans

Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven't made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio.
"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, 'I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million,'" Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.

"It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally," he says.

"I want to say to my audience ... 'You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:48:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 9:48:57 AM EDT by Greenhorn]
How about a little cheese with that whine?

Someone call the WHAAAAmbulence.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:49:05 AM EDT
Heh heh. I'm no radio genius, and I could have told him that two years ago. What else did he honestly expect?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:49:23 AM EDT
Says more about you than your fans, Howard.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:51:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
Heh heh. I'm no radio genius, and I could have told him that two years ago. What else did he honestly expect?

Exactly.

I had XM in a rental car recently and, it was kinda nice.....
but not nice enough to pay for.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:51:51 AM EDT
Howard Stern's a talentless idiot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:53:14 AM EDT

"I was just at my psychiatrist..."

There's the operative quote right there. Self absorbed asshole.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:53:21 AM EDT
Stern sucks so does his replacement
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:54:31 AM EDT
Why pay when you can download his shows for free at a later time.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:03:15 AM EDT
What's the matter Howard, having a little trouble justifing your 500 mil contract???
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:11:47 AM EDT
But guys, he invented everything.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:12:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By h8mtv:

Tell 'em, Fred.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:28:54 AM EDT
One of my local stations has started brodcasting in digital fm. Xm's days are numbered
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:30:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By postpostban:
One of my local stations has started brodcasting in digital fm. Xm's days are numbered

That's funny.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:34:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 10:35:39 AM EDT by Floppy_833]

Well I dunno about that. I don't got one, but (from people who do and have talked about them) the main attraction to satellite radio seems to be partly the channels, but mostly the lack of commercials. Any local radio is still gonna have commercials.

These are the days of the MP3-phone nation; broadcast radio is about to change. You can have your own music with you anywhere you go now, you don't need a radio station for that anymore.

--------

As far as Stern goes--yes it is dumb. On this matter, he is an idiot.
Certainly lots of people who listened can easily afford a sat radio--but this does not diminish the fact that a large chunk of his original listeners (especially in the NYC area) were on the lower ends of the economic scales, and cannot, or will not. They listened partly because he was so gosh darn rebellious, but mostly because listening was free. The "average" Stern listener does NOT drive a Mercedes.
~
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:38:56 AM EDT
My brother has the satellite radio. When I listen to it I like to listen to raw dog comedy. As soon as I get in the car that is what goes on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:40:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:46:08 AM EDT
What he's really mad about is that his ego has written checks his talent and reputation can't cash.

Fuck him... I stopped listening to him a while back... As soon as he did his movie his ego inflated 10-fold. After that, all his show was about was him talking about himself and his self-proclaimed genius.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:48:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By racer934:

Originally Posted By h8mtv:

Tell 'em, Fred.

hoo hoo, Raaaaabin!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:50:13 AM EDT
OandA party rock!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
... As soon as he did his movie his ego inflated 10-fold. After that, all his show was about was him talking about himself and his self-proclaimed genius....

-I tried listening to his show a few times, and I don't recall hearing anything particularly innovative. All I ever heard was the same pointless banter that all the other DJ's spouted. The only difference was Stern's was always national, making it even less relevent than local news or political issues.

If I have to hear a DJ blow hot air over some stupid news story, I'd prefer that it's something of an issue in the area rather than nation- or world-wide.
~
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 12:32:08 PM EDT by JumboJim]

Oh no! Not!

The only way that XM's days are numbered is if boradcast radio dropped commercials, not going to happed.

Back to the subject, Howard hasn't been funny in over 13 years. Before he went to Sirius, I used to check out his show a few times a year to see if things have changed, sounded like the same show over and over. Even the same sound bites from 20 years ago!

O & A party rock!

Speaking of O&A, Anthony owns an AR. Wonder if he frequents this site.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:31:56 PM EDT
i like stern's show, but it wasn't the reason i bought sirius.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:32:36 PM EDT
I'm not about to pay for radio. It doesn't mean that much to me. And, even though I listened to Stern from time to time. I don't miss him.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:39:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JumboJim:

Oh no! Not!

The only way that XM's days are numbered is if boradcast radio dropped commercials, not going to happed.

Back to the subject, Howard hasn't been funny in over 13 years. Before he went to Sirius, I used to check out his show a few times a year to see if things have changed, sounded like the same show over and over. Even the same sound bites from 20 years ago!

O & A party rock!

Speaking of O&A, Anthony owns an AR. Wonder if he frequents this site.

it's been speculated before
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:44:53 PM EDT
BING! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),,,,,,,........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:49:31 PM EDT
I’ve never found Stern all that funny... Even back in his cult hero days he wasn't my cup O' tea.

I have no idea why XM thought he was worth that kind of money. Given the fact that both companies(Sirius and XM) are just loaded with debt, Stern may actually manage to kill off XM.

Now THAT is a joke that might actually make me laugh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:50:41 PM EDT

Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio.

Considering his fan base consists largely of pimple faced high school kids who don't have any money to spend, it's astonishing he got as many people to transition to his new show as he did.

Stern is a no talent, narcissistic asshole who gets old after 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:53:18 PM EDT
I never understood how that idiot got by on junior-high humor and fart noises for so long. I appreciate knucklehead humor as much as the next guy, but DAMN!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 1:04:18 PM EDT by twonami]

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:
I’ve never found Stern all that funny... Even back in his cult hero days he wasn't my cup O' tea.

I have no idea why XM Sirius thought he was worth that kind of money. Given the fact that both companies(Sirius and XM) are just loaded with debt, Stern may actually manage to kill off XM.

Now THAT is a joke that might actually make me laugh.

Almost all new companies operate in debt. I predict within 2 years they will be well in the black.
No way in hell will Stern kill XM
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:07:09 PM EDT
Gotta give him some credit, I haven't made 500 million yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:09:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By booniestomper:
Gotta give him some credit, I haven't made 500 million yet.

Hopefully you aren't a narcissistic jackass either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:20:05 PM EDT
I've been called alot worse!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:24:52 PM EDT
He sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:29:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By inferno715:
He sucks, has always suckedthere was a time long ago that he didn't suck, and will always suck.

O&A
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:46:01 PM EDT
You just need to suck less then the competition to be a success in the radio business. Stern has been wildly successful in his 25+ year career because he sucked less then the competition. Satellite radio is in its infancy and will eventually force many terrestrial radio stations off the air. The CBS radio division and the stations that use to carry the Stern show are tanking now.

I got Sirius radio last year and the variety of commercial free music rocks. The only time I listen to terrestrial radio is for the local news.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:46:10 PM EDT

I have no idea why XM thought he was worth that kind of money. Given the fact that both companies(Sirius and XM) are just loaded with debt, Stern may actually manage to kill off XM.

XM didn't hire Stern, Sirius did.

XM is in the black I think, where Sirius is hurting still.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:55:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DOW:

Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio.

Considering his fan base consists largely of pimple faced high school kids who don't have any money to spend, it's astonishing he got as many people to transition to his new show as he did.

Stern is a no talent, narcissistic asshole who gets old after 10 minutes.

Actually his core fan base are college educated white collar and other working people who have money to spend. That's why his advertising rates were so high and he made huge profits for the stations he worked for. Stern is successful because he gives his audience the show they want to hear.

The entertainment business is full of no talent narcissistic assholes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:04:29 PM EDT

www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_02_16.html

XM reported an EBITDA loss of ($199.4) million for the fourth quarter of 2005, including $25.3 million in de-leveraging charges, compared to an EBITDA loss of ($139.7) million for the fourth quarter of 2004, which included $41.6 million in de-leveraging charges. The full year EBITDA loss was ($434.3) million, including $27.6 million in de-leveraging charges, compared to a 2004 EBITDA loss of ($388.4) million which included $76.6 million of de-leveraging charges. The increased EBITDA loss primarily resulted from our increase in subscribers as well as the higher fourth quarter marketing expenses.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:09:34 PM EDT

And that points to how much I *looooooovvvvveeeee Howie.

*­Pronounced loathe
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:11:29 PM EDT
I have sirius and I love it. And I do listen to Stern and it has been really funny so far. What is odd to me, so many here say how unfunny his show is ut yuo don't have Sirius and haven't heard it. To each his own and it isn't for everyone. I like it, but Sirius is so much more then the Stern show. You get great music all comercial free, fox news, NRA news, etc...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:12:22 PM EDT

Stern is definitely a no-talent asshole , but he IS able to get hot women to
take their clothes off . How DOES he do that ?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:15:36 PM EDT
I find him entertaining, as well as the other radio shows he's brought to Sirius like Bubba and Farrell. A bunch of the amateur Stern fan produced shows are pretty entertaining as well.

The quotes from that article are tongue in cheek, not angry whining. The only whining in this thread is all the negative whining replies.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:16:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By djohns6:

Stern is definitely a no-talent asshole , but he IS able to get hot women to
take their clothes off . How DOES he do that ?

naked strippers on his show! holy crap that's new
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:19:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 2:21:01 PM EDT by Sub-MOA]

Originally Posted By bookertbab:
I ut yuo don't have Sirius and haven't heard it.

Here’s a clue… His shit was all over free radio up until a year ago. Well that and he was (maybe still is?) on MSNBC.

I freely admit that I’ve actually listened to Stern about ten times in total over his entire radio career. Each time, the guy has impressed me with how much I would rather listen to elevator musak or Mexican AM tejano radio.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:21:31 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:22:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zardoz:
Howard Stern's a talentless idiot.

That's being awful generous there. I think his mother should have swallowed...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:29:34 PM EDT
Opey and Anthony are great on XM.

HOO HOO RAAABIN!

Tell em Fred!

Opey: I'm a black fucking ninja!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:36:18 PM EDT
anyone who does this is okay in my book.

Anthony of O&A
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:37:06 PM EDT
You guys are too uptight, Howard Stern is nasty, but it is funny.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:39:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_02_16.html

XM reported an EBITDA loss of ($199.4) million for the fourth quarter of 2005, including $25.3 million in de-leveraging charges, compared to an EBITDA loss of ($139.7) million for the fourth quarter of 2004, which included $41.6 million in de-leveraging charges. The full year EBITDA loss was ($434.3) million, including $27.6 million in de-leveraging charges, compared to a 2004 EBITDA loss of ($388.4) million which included $76.6 million of de-leveraging charges. The increased EBITDA loss primarily resulted from our increase in subscribers as well as the higher fourth quarter marketing expenses.

Whoops! Getting things I read mixed up. Thanks for the clarification. What I don't get from the quote you posted from XM is how does increased subs cause larger losses?

And that points to how much I *looooooovvvvveeeee Howie.

*Pronounced loathe

I figured

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top