[#1]
This thread is GHEY!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This thread is GHEY!

I grew up with two of my best friends coming out in our teens and it didn't change a thing except for the fact that they quit hanging with "straights" took a shitload of drugs and generally became asswipes in need of zanex and VD treatment.

That said I scored a "homophobic".

I don't quite understand that as I have never had any fear of fags.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]
22-High grade non-homophobic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
24   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

Now I want some PIE
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Believing that homosexuality is wrong and immoral is a far cry from being scared or upset by it - which afterall is what a phobia is, an intense fear.  The term homophobia was apparently coined by the gay lobby and pushed by the liberal media.  The word homophobia is just more BS conditioning.  

I work with several gay individuals and have no problems with them whatsoever and usually enjoy their company.  Not because they are or are not gay,  just because they are decent people.  I  cannot however agree with their lifestyle.

Couldn't agree more with this post. The "homophobia" thing is just another bullshit tag to identify those who don't buy into their little agenda. I am not irrationally afraid of homosexuals, I just don't approve of their lifestyle. Sounds like the libtards ned to come up with a different term for me. I scored a 57 by the way.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Non-homophobe here
I don't care, its' their sin & their soul. But they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
69   -   Your score rates you as "homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 Caucasian, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 35 participants as "non-homophobic." In 1980, a different research team found 56% of their white, male sample scored in the homophobic range. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.

Me, too!

Homophobic?  I'm not scared of them, I just don't agree with them or want to be around them!

B_S
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Well put. If that DmFk from the Church in Topeka would hurry and come out...

Quoted:
Anyone who scores over 60 is, in fact, a closet homosexual.  American Beauty anyone?

Stop gay bashing you pole-buffers, accept the disgusting genetic abomination that you are.  Stop living your farce and come out.  You'll be alot happier, but the true non-homophobes will hate you more for having lied.  You guys getting 70s and 80s are raging homosexuals.

P.S., I got 50 and was rated "non-homophobic."

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I follow the dont ask dont tell.  I also don't harrass.  If someone is staring at my junk while im in the showers which are all open then Im not okay with that.  Im in the army im a paratrooper Im around 100% guys all the time.  I don't wanna know someone is into the dick that will be in the shittiest situations on earth.  If thats what you wanna be then all you.  We give each other crap of course but I don't think any of my mates are that way.  

In one of my classes we looked at a few studies that concluded that there is a higher percentage of lesbians in the military than in the population, and a lower percentage of gay men in the military than in the population as a whole.  This is as of 2000ish, in fact since Clinton there are fewer gay men serving.  The only thing that surprised me is that historically the percentage of gay men that served was roughly equal to the percentage of straight men that served.  I suppose this is largely due to drafts at various points.  The stats were “statistically significant.”  However, we should probably be a little bit skeptical because the question of how many homosexuals are in the population, or what percentage of the population is homosexual is contested hotly even by experts.  

For what it is worth I think the number of gay men that serve in the millitary is 6% of the gay population.  (Not saying 6% of the military is gay)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
68   -   Your score rates you as "homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of the items on that scale are odd.  

"Gay people deserve what they get."   WTF does that even mean?  What do they "get"??   Better fashion sense?  Sore assholes?  Disciminated against?  

"I enjoy the company of gay people." - that's an odd question, because it seems to inherently assume that gay people are somehow "different" in things other than their sexual orientation.  I don't MIND being around gay people, but whether I ENJOY being around someone has nothing whatsoever to do with their sexual orientation, and everything to do with whether or not they are irritating jerks, or nice people, for example.

Oh - and my score was 12, which I think pratically makes me gay
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#13]
56 "homphobic"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't need no test to show that I aint skeered of no 'fairy dusters'!!!(jk)

As I've said before I don't care what two people do in the privacey of their own bedroom, just so long as I'm not forced to have to witness it. That goes for 'straights' showing 'public displays of affection too, (get a room)

That being said I am annoyed by the 'limp wrists' who spend their every waking moment promoting their 'cause' and throwing it in everyones face, kids don't need to see that anymore than a straight man jerking his pants down and wagging his wiener at every woman who walks by......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#16]
57-homophobic

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#17]
 I swear I did not have to try hard to get this score!

87   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."
In his 1996 study of 64 Caucasian, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 35 participants as "homophobic." Their mean score was 80.40, placing many of the study participants in the high-grade homophobic sub-group. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.

Homosexuality is an illness that confuses the patient's instincts of species preservation.  That modern psychologists and psycharitrists cannot "treat" it does not mean it is not an illness.

Since EVERYONE on this Earth was conceived from a HETERSEXUAL relationship based on the union of male and female gametes, making use of these instincts in a homosexual manner is a DYSFUNCTION, not a CHOICE.

I prefer to call myself "highly heterosexual".
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Some of the items on that scale are odd.  

"Gay people deserve what they get."   WTF does that even mean?  What do they "get"??   Better fashion sense?  Sore assholes?  Disciminated against?  

"I enjoy the company of gay people." - that's an odd question, because it seems to inherently assume that gay people are somehow "different" in things other than their sexual orientation.  I don't MIND being around gay people, but whether I ENJOY being around someone has nothing whatsoever to do with their sexual orientation, and everything to do with whether or not they are irritating jerks, or nice people, for example.

Oh - and my score was 12, which I think pratically makes me gay

I was wondering about the "enjoy the company of gay people" as well.  I've talked to a few at parties...dated a girl who had a gay room mate, etc.  I've just never met a gay person that was into the same things I was.  If I met a gay guy who was into shooting or SCUBA diving, could drink a beer and watch a John Wayne movie I'd probably hang around with them.  

And what do gay people get? Beaten and murdered?  They certainly don't deserve that (unless they did it to someone else) But if getting staired at and laughed at because they act like a queenie then yeah they deserve that... if being gay is a genetic thing the lisp and rest of the behavior commonly associated with a few of them sure in hell isn't.

To put it in a nutshell I could probably hang out and work with Will but Jack would annoy the piss out of me. (from Will and Grace)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#19]
35   -   Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I scored a 38, which is funny because I DID answer in the affirmative to "I make derogatory remarks like "faggot" or "queer" to people I suspect are gay." Well, of couse I do!

I make other derogatory remarks, as well. When somebody keeps messing up, I refer to him as a dumb fuck. If he's not considerate of my feelings, I call him an asshole. If he's weak, I call him a pussy. If he porks other men in the ass, I call him a faggot. So what? I had a few gay friends in California, and they never seemed to mind. In fact, it was kind of fun.

"Hey, Alan!"
"Hey, faggot!"

People are wound up waaaay too tight.

I even agreed that is was immoral. So what? It is. That doesn't mean I won't hang out with you. I have friends who fuck anything with two legs and a vagina, which is certainly immoral. So what? I have friends who drink too much. So what? Lots of people do immoral things. All I've got to say is "I ain't yer papa".
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I scored a 38, which is funny because I DID answer in the affirmative to "I make derogatory remarks like "faggot" or "queer" to people I suspect are gay." Well, of couse I do!

Yep me too....that proably hurt my score.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#22]
54   -   Your score rates you as "homophobic."  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#23]
"homophobic" =
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
85   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."

thats funny, i aint sceered of em, i just don't flipin like em..

what one does in there own home, aint none of my business. just dont publicise it, or involve me or my family in any way..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Despite all the efforts of Homosexual/Lesbian advocates that want me to accept there lifestyle,,,,,,go wave your flag in a closet
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]
11   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

My strong libertarian streak comes through again. Hetrosexual and damn glad of it. What you do is none of my business.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]

But wait!  I love gay people women.  I think every guy should have a couple of bi-sexual females!

John
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#28]
46   -   Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]

BFD.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#30]

The scale only goes from 4-96, however.

To adjust your scores into a percentage:

Subtract 4, divide by 92, and multiply by 100. That will yield your percentage. Mine is 41.3%.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#31]
50   -   Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#32]
69   -   Your score rates you as "someone who does not like queer life styles"

I don't like the word homophobic, insinuates you are affraid of them.  I just don't like their life choices, they choose the lifestyle, and I belive it is a sinful lifestyle, no different than other sinful lifestyles.  I know some queers and I am polite to them, but I don't agree with what they do and if it ever comes up I'll tell them how I feel.

This is pretty much what God says about it:

LEVITICUS 20:13 And if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination;  they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

God will still forgive them like same as he will other sinners if they ask Jesus into their life.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#33]
66 = homophobe

dirty dirty homos....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#34]
77   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."

Create a poll with grades:
0-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80+
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#35]
45   -   Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

That's about right , since I don't really care what two
adults care to do with their lives .

Basically : Don't fuck with me , and I wont fuck with you .
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I don't like the word homophobic, insinuates you are affraid of them.  I just don't like them.

What's more, it insinuates an irrational fear, psychologically, and therefore presumes that homosexuality is normal. You see how language can be used to control perception.

Me, I don't care. I hate the only guy who I know is gay, but that's because he used to call ME 'fag' and 'queer' back in the 6th grade rather than his homosexuality.

Can we assume that some wiseacre's going to say "he was just pinging you with his gaydar and it went off" or something to that effect and skip the actual comment? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#38]
11   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#39]
94   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."
In his 1996 study of 64 Caucasian, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 35 participants as "homophobic." Their mean score was 80.40, placing many of the study participants in the high-grade homophobic sub-group. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm not afraid of fags, therefore I'm 100% not-homophobic.
It requires one, simple question: "Are you afraid of gays?"

What he said.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#41]
39   -   Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like the word homophobic, insinuates you are affraid of them.  I just don't like them.

What's more, it insinuates an irrational fear, psychologically, and therefore presumes that homosexuality is normal. You see how language can be used to control perception.

That sums it up for me.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I scored an 80 and am darned proud of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Scored a 39. It would probably have been lower but I do make jokes about gays.

I make jokes about everyone/race/ nationality/sex/sexual pref so it really doesn't matter. Nobody is safe from my jokes.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]
67   -   Your score rates you as "homophobic."

Like I care.........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I am 0 homophobic. I have no fear of them, I don't obsess about them. The behavior is learned and dangerous to the person and to society. Don't need a test for that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the reason for the number of gay females in the military is because alot of them are all about being empowered and what not.  you see alot of attitude out of military women.  That is just a generallization and not a bad thing.  Most are strong individuals just like a majority of the men.

One of my squad leaders said this to me one time.  you could serve in 3 tours kill a hand full of bad guys save a few lives but you suck one dick and you instantly become a homo first and foremost.  Thats the way alot of people see it.  might just be my environment.  I don't hate on them.  I just don't talk to gays or associate.  If I talk to someone and we can talk about guns and trucks and beer and not about designer clothes and anal then Im fine.  But I can't stand the femme man ordeal whether he is gay or straight I just don't find that as the stigma of man.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#49]

22   -   Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

I believe. . .
homosexuality is wrong/immoral/detestable/undesireable (pick whichever suits you)

however, I think we as humans can abhor behavior (like homosexuality or heavy drinking or womanizing) but still have "respect" for the individual (although I admit I'd have a limited amount of respect).  It's an agree to disagree situation.  I wouldn't want to spend a large amount of time with a homosexual, but that is only because I feel our views political and otherwise tend to be too opposed to each other.

I wouldn't want a gay roomate nor would I want a homosexual individual caring for my children, if I had any.  Call me homophobic.  

Some of the worst organizations in the history of the United States have been founded by homosexuals.  

NOW, MBLA, and GLAAD for instance.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Doh I filled it out backwards. . . I though 5 was strongly agree and 1 was strongly disagree.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top