Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
This never gets mentioned but I thought it was a great line---Willard pulls into the firebase at night,it's getting the shit knocked out of it, flares going off,Charlie is screaming Die Americans(or something),Willard goes into the front line and asks the soldier with the grenade launcher "Do you know who's in charge here"?

The guy just looks at him and says "Yea" and turns away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This never gets mentioned but I thought it was a great line---Willard pulls into the firebase at night,it's getting the shit knocked out of it, flares going off,Charlie is screaming Die Americans(or something),Willard goes into the front line and asks the soldier with the grenade launcher "Do you know who's in charge here"?

No it went like this:

"Who's in charge?"

"Ain't you?!?!"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it went like this:

"Who's in charge?"

"Ain't you?!?!"

No, that was the black GI on the .50.

He tells the guy feeding him rounds to go get "The Roach."

The Roach being the GI with the tiger-tooth necklace and the orange striped M79 who's dialog is quoted above.

Watched it just a couple days ago
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it went like this:

"Who's in charge?"

"Ain't you?!?!"

No, that was the machine gunner. He was laying down suppressive fire at the one VC left yelling "HEY FUCK YOU G.I." etc. Willard asks him "Who's the commanding officer here?" The gunner replies "Ain't you?!" They call up "the Roach," who takes careful aim with his M79, fires a shell, and the VC is cut off in mid-epithet. Then the exchange GreyGhost describes takes place.

ETA: Lumpy beat me by 18 seconds!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Just watched that scene-There's a VC in the wire.They go get "Roach" with his grenade launcher."Do you need a flare"?"No,he's close,real close".After he kills the VC Willard says"Soldier,do you know who's in command here"?Roach just looks at him and says "Yea" and walks away.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top