Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:29 PM EDT
...Personal income taxes are prohibited by the state constitution!!

I lived there for 20 years and and never appreciated not having a state/city income tax until I moved to NYC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:08:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcantu:

I lived there for 20 years and and never appreciated not having a state/city income tax until I moved to NYC.

good god! why would you ever move from TX to NYC? please tell me it was a SHITLOAD of money and you will leave as soon as you're done wiping your ass on the city
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:35 PM EDT
I could never move to any place less free than where I am at now. Not even for money.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:11:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slave1:
I could never move to any place less free than where I am at now. Not even for money.

+1, hell no
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:41:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

Originally Posted By mcantu:

good god! why would you ever move from TX to NYC? please tell me it was a SHITLOAD of money and you will leave as soon as you're done wiping your ass on the city

because of a really hot TX girl that was moving up here...it was worth it

i'll go back eventually but i dont feel like i'm done here yet
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:51:19 AM EDT
What is it about Texas women
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:54 AM EDT
True there is no state incaome tax in Texas. But Texas rapes you on your homeowners annual property taxes. I live in Texas and pay about $17,000 a year in property taxes on my house. Depending on where you live in Texas, you're gonna pay about 2.25% to 3.25% of the value of your house annually in property taxes. I just moved to a 2.30% county after being raped hard on taxes in a 2.97% county. Everyone I know is really getting fed up on the property taxes here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MTUSA:
What is it about Texas women

If you have to ask... there is no hope for you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:36:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 6:36:42 AM EDT by m24shooter]

Originally Posted By TacticalStrat:
True there is no state incaome tax in Texas. But Texas rapes you on your homeowners annual property taxes. I live in Texas and pay about $17,000 a year in property taxes on my house. Depending on where you live in Texas, you're gonna pay about 2.25% to 3.25% of the value of your house annually in property taxes. I just moved to a 2.30% county after being raped hard on taxes in a 2.97% county. Everyone I know is really getting fed up on the property taxes here.

That is no shit. But Gov Goodhair is going to drag the leg back into special session and fix it for us. Or that's what he says. And the male cheerleader from A&M would never say something that wasn't true.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:35 PM EDT
Move to Maryland, 7.5 percent income tax AND high property taxes.
Top Top