Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 3:25:30 PM EDT
I have the unfortunate position of being between two household's full of kids. The kids on the right are okay, but the kids on the left are pretty awful, the boy is the worst. I have repeatedly told this kid to stay the hell out of my yard... I don't mean he is in my yard a foot or two off the street... The little shit is walking like 2' from my house.
I have told him a shitload of times to stay out of my yard, gotten attitude a few times (he's probably 10-11yr), but he took that to mean "stay out when I'm looking."

I caught him today and braced him (didn't touch him)... "What did I tell you ? Huh ? Stay out of my yard, next time me and your dad are having a talk."

I have found bottles, can, candy wrapper, bikes, skateboards, etc in my damn yard and I'm sick of it. These people have lived next to me for less than a year, they are new. In the first week, the kid threw a ball at my car. I took it and told his dad to come get it. His dad seems okay, but I got that there is no woop ass or responsibility going on there.

So, am I being a dick ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yea... IBTDD (Draw Down) comment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
unruly kids suck

...but not as much as their limp-wristed parents who won't beat their asses
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The only way you'll have piece of mind is if you build a fence on your property.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
unruly kids suck

...but not as much as their limp-wristed parents who won't beat their asses

Yep...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
isn't this what airsoft is for?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It's one thing if it is just a nice kid who cuts through the yard once in a while.
This kid sounds like a little shit.

It pisses me off when people walk on my grass.
I put a lot of effort into my lawn, and it drives me batty when people cut across it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
u shold run ur sprinklers when the kid goes on ur yard. or when he elaves his stuff there keep it, and have a garage sale end of every month.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=447729

That was the very first think that poped in my head too....awful minds think alike.

Are the kids cutting across from one house to the other with you in the middle? A fence on either sideis your only option.....with concrete bunkers....and concertia wire.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a fence.  And a big mean ass dog with lots of teeth.  And some claymores.  And maybe a warning sign, though that could be optional.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Good fences make good neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm the one who voted yes.

Why?  Because I remember when I was about 8-10 years old, and the one guy on our street who told us to get out of his yard was an ass.

He had the best hiding spots in his yard.

There was also a guy who wouldn't let us use his driveway to race down... we thought he was a jerk too.  He had the smoothest driveway on the street, why wouldn't he share it??? Why?

What a meanie.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
There was this crotchety old fuck that lived a few houses downfromme when I was growing up.  I didnt have the biggest yard but I had roomenough.  Well once in a while I'd hit a ball over the fence and have to go get it.  He would always yell.  he had a big garden in his back yard but I never went in it to get my ball, ever.  He would always yell to get out of his yard..  I hated that mutherfuker until the day he died.  So his yard was fenced and our neighbors wasnt.  Our neighbow and my mom were best friends and I had free roam of her yard.  She was an elderly Italian woman who alwys fed us, and mom and her always were hanging out. So I would "cut through" her yard from the bus stop after school, never stepping an inch on above fukwads yard and yet he still yelled.  So I got older and avoided the cut thru.  One day I got off the bus and had to piss real bad so I decided to cut through.  I was about 16-17 and he started his shit.  I told him that I wasnt on his yard and if he didnt shut his mouth I'd beat the fuk out of him right here.  he went inside.  he died about a year after that.  Good riddance to assholes like that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#14]
who wants a fence in their front yard???

the kid's damned parents need to make him behave.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=447729

That was the very first think that poped in my head too....awful minds think alike.

Are the kids cutting across from one house to the other with you in the middle? A fence on either sideis your only option.....with concrete bunkers....and concertia wire.

I thought of that thing too... wtf is wrong with me?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Jsut take it wasy because once you become known as "that guy" things will get worse.

I was a real sh*t head when I was a kid. If someone yelled at us, that house was a target for years. Just hope they are not like that. I would go have a talk with their parents ASAP before things get worse.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#17]
kick their ass
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#18]
i think if they were trying to play ball, and their yard was too small.  they could then come ask you if it was ok if they played in yours too, if htey didnt hurt anything.  if i found a skateboard in my yard more than once, it would go out with the weeks trash.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Good fences make good neighbors
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Good fences make good neighbors.

An electric fence should do the job nicely.........
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Build a fence.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I really mean just have a funce along both side yards, but open to the street.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
IBYGTPRM

In Before You Get TeePeed, Robbed or Murdered.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#25]
This ought to do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Hard to say without knowing you or the kid .

But I've often found that kids respond better to calm
reason then they do to intimidation

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Can't put a fence in my front yard, HOA regs.

The kid is a shit, the other kids don't do it after I asked. Its disrespectful.

I thought about the news article as well, I was tempted to print it out and put it in their mailbox.

Look, I'm not an asshole here... I don't bitch about the kids riding their loud ass go-karts, mini-dirtbikes, I'm not even a jerk when my house gets hit by a stray ball when I'm trying to work. But, for fucksake, I've asked nicely too many times.

This little shit, they were playing ball in the street, actually told one of my friend to go around the back of the neighborhood to get to my house, they were using the street. WTF !

When I was a kid, if I go mouthy with a neighbor, they jacked me up, took me to my parents, who beat my mouthy ass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This ought to do it.

Cool !!! I'm all over that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hard to say without knowing you or the kid .

But I've often found that kids respond better to calm
reason then they do to intimidation

Tried that... Hell, I even patched up the daughter when she fell off her bike. I'm all cool with my right side kids, we shoot the shit, etc, and they are respectful... This kid is just a brat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
talk to the parents. that's the first step. you can always escalate from there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump 30 rds of blank ammo in your back yard.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#32]
If the kids are in some way hurting you or are damaging your property by walking in your yard, you are totally justified.

If not, you are being a grumpy old asshat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Go with the sprinkler.  At least you can says its for the birds and squirrels.  Its his own damn fault if he gets wet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't forget the "No tresspassing sign", and a chat with 'ol Dad that if his kids are in the yard again, the Law is going to be paying him a visit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Just dont shoot him. I believe a fellow in ohio is going to prison for that.

www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1143291868/66_Year_Old_Murders_15_Year_Old_Boy
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If the kids are in some way hurting you or are damaging your property by walking in your yard, you are totally justified.

If not, you are being a grumpy old asshat.

He's being a grumpy asshat for wanting to keep his private property private?  This isn't Russia...punk kids don't have the right to do whatever they want.

If just talking to the kid hasn't worked, talk to the parents.  If that doesn't work, you'll probably need a lawyer or restraining order.  A bunch of work, probably.  I agree with you on the principal of the thing however, and would react the same way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Move to the country
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Move to the country

This happens in the country too. Trust me on that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#39]
You have a .410??
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This ought to do it.

i LIKE it!!

ETA:  WTF -- why no "I LIKE PIE" option on the poll?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#41]
You are within your rights to deny access to your property to anyone you choose.  The kids are in the wrong for not honoring your requests.  

But, unless the kids are vandalizing your property or causing other damage this is something you should leave alone.  This kind of neighbor problem can escalate out of all proportion in a hurry.  Just ask yourself honestly if it is really worth the hearburn.  

I used to be just like you describe yourself, but I learned a long time ago that the grass will grow back and life is a lot nicer when you get along with your neighbors.  

Dick.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have the unfortunate position of being between two household's full of kids. The kids on the right are okay, but the kids on the left are pretty awful, the boy is the worst. I have repeatedly told this kid to stay the hell out of my yard... I don't mean he is in my yard a foot or two off the street... The little shit is walking like 2' from my house.
I have told him a shitload of times to stay out of my yard, gotten attitude a few times (he's probably 10-11yr), but he took that to mean "stay out when I'm looking."

I caught him today and braced him (didn't touch him)... "What did I tell you ? Huh ? Stay out of my yard, next time me and your dad are having a talk."

I have found bottles, can, candy wrapper, bikes, skateboards, etc in my damn yard and I'm sick of it. These people have lived next to me for less than a year, they are new. In the first week, the kid threw a ball at my car. I took it and told his dad to come get it. His dad seems okay, but I got that there is no woop ass or responsibility going on there.

So, am I being a dick ?

I had a similar problem, except the kid living across the street from me was the neighborhood hoodlum and was 17.  I would come home to find busted bottles in my driveway below the DSS dish.  I finally convinced them to stop doing shit at my house when they came out and saw me cleaning 'the arsenal' on the upstairs balcony.  I never had another problem.

On a side note, the hoodlum is now doing 30 years in prison.  I believe it was drug related and he got hit with a mandatory minimum sentence.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top