Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 12:09:10 PM EDT
The ice maker in my GE fridge has quit working. I tried replacing the water solinoid, but it didn't help. Please give me some troubleshooting tips.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTSP

(In Before The Spider Pics)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IBTSP

(In Before The Spider Pics)

You mean like these?

He ought to be able to get along with those two, though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
<Drfrige> GE sucks ass <Drfrige>
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the tube that goes to the i/m if it has ice in it clear it out. usually when the water valve starts going bad that line will freeze up. if its frozen use a hair dryer on it being careful not to over heat any plastic. then pull the the white cover off of the end of the i/m, you will see 2 gears. turn the big gear clockwise a little until it runs on its own. let it go through an entire cycle and when it stops check and see if water is inside the i/m. if no water then you more than likely have a bad i/m.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Frige remember: All spiders go to Heaven
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top