Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:20:21 AM EDT
I'm considering a Vector (V51)HK51 pistol to SBR into a rifle to use as a fun range toy. I was going to get a Bulgarian Krinkov in 7.62x39 but they are now hard to find and too much money (~$1300) vs. $900 for the HK51. The HK51 has the advantage of easily adding a stock when I get the SBR approved unlike the Krink. All the I pictures I see of HK51's firing huge halo shaped fireballs just makes me want to have one as a fun range toy and the non-gas delayed roller-lock system has always been reliable for me and I assume it would do well even with a short barrel.

What is the barrel length? 8 inches?
Are there B&T stocks made for HK91's or only MP5's/HK33's? I'm also considering an A3 stock.
Do they use a different locking piece than the HK91 like the G3K does?
Are they close to as reliable as the 18" barrel HK91s/G3s?
I would expect a large concussion and muzzle blast but is it way uncomfortable to shoot? (I'm not recoil or muzzle blast shy in the least)

Anyone have any pics of their HK51?

Any idea where to get a PDW type forearm/verticle grip like this?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
they only run 800 dollars? wow to think i was goig to build another upper for my ar10 for that much,  

i love the idea, looks evil as shit
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
they only run 800 dollars? wow to think i was goig to build another upper for my ar10 for that much,  

i love the idea, looks evil as shit

Doesn't get much more evil (until the HK .308 Beta Mag comes out).

Retail price is $954:www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a Vector 51 SBR. I love it.

Recoil and fireball was less than I expected, I was kinda hoping that my target would be incinerated when I fired my first shot. The gun has been very reliable and is a dream come true for me.

Keep in mind that your standard A3 stock will have to be modified by Vector to get it to work. It cost me $75 to get it modified and refinished.

Now I just have to save up for the sear....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top