Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:34:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 5:35:07 AM EDT by Dance]
Does he represent the people who voted for him with his stance on amnesty for illegal aliens?

Why does he side with the Mexican President on this issue instead of the American Citizen?

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_CANADA_MEXICO?SITE=PAPOT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-03-31-03-43-33
Mar 31, 3:43 AM EST
Bush Urges Congress to OK Immigration Bill
By NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press Writer

CANCUN, Mexico (AP) -- President Bush insists he wants to make it legal for more immigrants to work in the United States, inviting an election-year debate with conservatives in his own party while building an alliance with the leader of Mexico.

The immigration bill that is creating a rift on Capitol Hill was the main topic of talks between Bush and Mexican President Vicente Fox, meeting at this Caribbean resort city in a two-day summit along with the new prime minister of Canada.

The three were to sit down together Friday for an hourlong meeting and planned a news conference before lunchtime, when Bush was heading to his Texas ranch for the weekend.

The meetings are aimed at strengthening North American relations and building on the trade increases that have resulted from the 12-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada and Mexico are the United States' top two trading partners.

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, in his first meeting with Bush since taking office two months ago with a promise to strengthen U.S. ties, spoke glowingly of the countries' close relationship, but made it clear there is a serious sticking point. He said he was taking Bush "at face value" when the U.S. president said he wanted to resolve a long-standing dispute over U.S. tariffs on Canadian softwood lumber.

"I just reminded the president that Canada's position on this is very clear, and if we don't see a resolution, Canada is certainly going to continue to pursue all its legal options, as well as enhanced support for our industry, through this battle," Harper warned.

For the most part in their public appearances, the leaders spoke about how they are working together. That was especially the case on immigration, with Bush and Fox clearly trying to sway a divided Congress to create a program to allow illegal immigrants - an estimated 6 million of them from Mexico - to work temporarily in the United States in low-paying jobs.

The Senate this week is debating an immigration bill that includes a guest worker program. The version that passed the Republican-controlled House late last year took a get-tough approach - calling for more fences along the border and tougher penalties for those who sneak across - and did not create the guest worker program that Bush wants.

President Bush says he's optimistic Congress will send him an immigration bill he likes -- eventually. A-P White House correspondent Mark Smith reports.
But Bush said he's optimistic that disagreements on Capitol Hill can be worked out.

"I told the president that I am committed to having a comprehensive immigration bill on my desk," Bush said. "And by comprehensive, I mean not only border security - a bill that has border security in it, a bill that has interior enforcement in it - but a bill that has a worker permit program in it."

The issue has united Bush and Fox, whose friendship dates back to Bush's time as Texas governor but was strained over Fox's objections to the war in Iraq. But immigration has divided Bush's Republican party, with business interests who want cheap labor battling conservatives who want a tough policy against illegal immigrants.

At a news conference Thursday in Washington, a dozen House Republicans blasted the Senate bill. Bush was not immune to their criticism.

"I don't think he's concerned about alienating voters, he's not running for re-election," said Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado. "I wish he'd think about the party and of course I also wish he'd think about the country."

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:40:20 AM EDT
Because the people are no longer in control of this country. The government has hijacked it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:06:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:09:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
What a disgrace.

+1 couldn't agree more

Bush's head is so far up Fox's ass he could taste the breakfast burrito Mrs. Fox fed him.

Why does it feel as though Bush is selling his country out?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:23:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rob78:

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
What a disgrace.

Why does it feel as though Bush is selling his country out?

uh, maybe because he is?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:58 AM EDT
Bush sucks,
when we gonna get apresident that thinks like us gun gurroos

tic,toc,tic,toc
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:49:56 AM EDT

"I don't think he's concerned about alienating voters, he's not running for re-election," said Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado. "I wish he'd think about the party and of course I also wish he'd think about the country."

+1 to that Tom.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:50:50 AM EDT
If Bush approves of this bill on immigration, it must be garbage.

That guy is Vicente Fox's bitch. It's nearly inexplicable, until you realize Bush's young nephew George Bush is half Mexican.

Then all becomes clear. Blood's thicker than water.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:52:11 AM EDT
He is an idiot.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:54:20 AM EDT
I have a feeling Bush has a hand in illegal immigration. Perhaps not directly, but certainly in Texas business circles.

Nancy Poleski does too, via her vineyards.

For all their talk, a buck is a buck and they don't give a damn about anybody when the bottom line is at stake.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:53 AM EDT
Bush needs to register as a foreign agent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:01:18 AM EDT
Love Bush on the war on terror.
but he looses all his points when it comes to this issue.
So I would have to say Bush sucks now.
I was such a strong supporter of him at work while I would argue with liberal employees.
Now alot of them say at least he is getting this right. He has there support now.

He is not a Republican anymore
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:10:00 AM EDT
I would only be for a new "temporary guest worker program" if overstaying meant immediate death penalty. And anyone could enforce it and score a bounty.

If it doesn't have teeth, it's just like opening a 12-lane bridge.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:16:53 AM EDT
there IS a hidden agenda in all this.
If you were a terrorist How would you get into the US? Through Mex. right?

SO Bush is trying to support MEX. by dumping cash and a friendly gesture to our neighbor.
Keep the economy up down south and MAYBE they wont take cash to move the BGs over into here.

Just my opinion, I do not like nor want Iliiegals over here, but I see what he is trying to do. Just going about it the wrong way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:19:22 AM EDT

President Bush insists he wants to make it legal for more immigrants to work in the United States, inviting an election-year debate with conservatives in his own party while building an alliance with the leader of Mexico.

WTF? Is he going to pull a Clinton on us?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:28:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Symtex:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:40:03 AM EDT
Never did I think I would live to see the day that a Republican president would sell out the working, contributing CITIZENS of this nation to a rabble of the great unwashed straigh tout of the back issues of National Geographic.

The overwhelming majoity of them don't come here to WORK! They come here so they can breed like rodents and live off of welfare.

And play their damned mariachi music.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:45:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT by motown_steve]
We'd be better off to leave things the way they are then to accecpt any of the bills being proposed. Especially McCain's.

ETA - Oh, and Bush is doing this as a favor to the deep pockets that got him where he is today
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 7:53:09 AM EDT by Va_Dinger]

Originally Posted By Dance:
Does he represent the people who voted for him with his stance on amnesty for illegal aliens?

Why does he side with the Mexican President on this issue instead of the American Citizen?

Good question.

Let me know when you get an answer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 7:54:48 AM EDT by survivorman]
those pictures make me FUCKING SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!! BUSH WAKE THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE , WHAT DID WE PUT YOU IN OFFICE FOR? BULLSHIT LIKE THIS?? sorry for ranting guys but this shit has me VERY VERY disgusted
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 8:27:07 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

ETA - Oh, and Bush is doing this as a favor to the deep pockets that got him where he is today

DING DING DING - We have a winner.

What Bush, Cheney et al are doing is all about enriching certain individuals.
It has always been so. If you are the middle class, it is primarily at your expense.
The Dems will be no different, they will just do it for a different reason.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:13:16 AM EDT
Got a feeling it's part of the Global Agenda and only the beginning. Get use to it. The future of America is not pretty. Not all Bush's fault, he just the mouth of the Owners of the Planet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:12:14 AM EDT
I don't really know what to do or say about this issue anymore. It appears that everyone in the beltway has lost touch with the people, either that or they have become drunk with perceived power and just don't care. They have armed gaurds and the military at their beck and call, so who cares what happens outside of their protected walls.

The statement made that a bill proposal will solve this caused a moment of clarity for me. While millions of illegal Mexican border crossers are protesting, taking down our flag, blocking traffic on freeways and making declarations that us gringos need to get out of their country, the politicians are suggesting pushing more little pieces of paper from person to person.

In a way I believe that a war on the border with illegals and American citizens will be the wake up call that the current government will notice for a brief moment and realize that they have lost all control. That their pieces of paper with legaleze printed on them are removed from the reality of the situation that has been ignored and is then incapable of being repaired with written law.

Then the government will make public statements and promise more legislation while the chaos continues. It will will take them several days to mobilize national guard and military forcers to be deployed to the war zones. Once these forces have been deployed the government will make statements that everything is under control and go back to pretending that they still have control of the reigns. A large amount of US citizens will cry and rail at the government the same way they did during hurricane Katrina "Where were you when we needed you' etc.

This would be the ideal time to let the Mexicans have the west, let the politicians form their own police state full of sheep and children that need to be monitored and have every need met for them, and finally a third region of self governing people that want to go back to the beggining and start over with the basics.

All of these thoughts spin in my head a little faster each day that I watch what is happening inside our ouwn land. We can't contain it, we won't be able to stop it. We're going to have to fix it, our elected officials seem to have become useless in that they have lost their way, I feel sorry for them. When they have to face the reality that they will have caused the events that will change the tradition of this nation they will probably rationalize to themselves that it was for the best and that they were only doing their job. They will never own up to any of it. It is a sad existence to witness from outside of their self made cage.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm through writing to politicians and trying to make the point that I am one of the citizens who wants my country to remain the America I have grown up in. My last statement to my representatives is that I have no faith in them, that they will ignore this statement as they do evey other cry for help from the people who granted them their authority. That I am resigned to wait. I will continue waiting and watching until the time has come that I must actively participate to aid in the salvation of our country. It will be we the people who will have to lead by example and demonstrate to our politicians how we want our country to run.

I don't know what to do anymore. So am I going to wait.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:37:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 10:54:01 AM EDT by NewbHunter]

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

Good question.

Let me know when you get an answer.

Here is a possible answer. I haven't researched this enough to know how valid any of this information is.

These are just some of the things I found googling NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA, WTO, and "Merging North America"

www.fas.usda.gov/itp/CAFTA/cafta.html

americas.irc-online.org/am/386

www.american.edu/internationalaffairs/cdem/pdfs/PastorTestimonyHIRC.pdf

www.american.edu/internationalaffairs/cnas/pdfs/PastorInvestmentPaper0803.pdf

www.american.edu/internationalaffairs/cnas/pdfs/PastorTestimonyCanada.pdf

Sounds to me like the gist of what these links and articles are saying is that they want North America to essentially merge Canada, the USA, and Mexico into one nation, using the EU as a model.

That would certinaly explain the complete lack of border control.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:05:44 AM EDT

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:49:05 AM EDT
No. Absolutely No. Fuck No. Not today, not tomorrow. Not even if hell does freeze over.

This shit is not going to end nicely.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:56:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 10:57:26 AM EDT by AROptics]
Bush's Legacy... Turning all of America into f---ing Kommiefornia.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:13:55 AM EDT
Via Jorge Bush!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:29:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROptics:
Bush's Legacy... Turning all of America into f---ing Kommiefornia.

Who would of thought Al-Qaida would get their wish, the destruction of America, and not really have to do anything to America itself
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
I'm still waiting for RikWriter & Absolute to explain this one to me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT

I imagine they would say that everyone is a "bushbasher" and we don't understand his master plan.

Everyone in this thread may have said they voted for him, but they really didn't.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:43:20 PM EDT

I imagine they would say that everyone is a "bushbasher" and we don't understand his master plan.

Everyone in this thread may have said they voted for him, but they really didn't.

Odds are they will just duck this thread entirely.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:25:46 PM EDT

Odds are they will just duck this thread entirely.

The problem is the Dems are just as soft or softer on illegal immigration.
The American people (READ: Those of us who are Legally here) have been betrayed by our entire elected government and in the most insidious way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:52:59 PM EDT

I voted for him (and I'd do it over again, given the same two "choices"). That said, I'm still *not* a happy camper.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:54:11 PM EDT
2A/RKBA is my "#1 issue," when it comes voting time.

Illegal immigration is quickly becoming my "#2 issue".
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:22:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 11:25:31 PM EDT by _DR]
I wonder if there would be much demand for bumper stickers like this:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:52:55 PM EDT
I voted for him. And I feel sick about it.

The Republicans in the Senate are making me rethink my stance about voting for the Republican party at all, though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:49:49 AM EDT
This pretty well sums up the difference between the big words of this administration and its actions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:55:45 AM EDT
I'd like to see the conservative members of the House and Senate move to impeach Jorge.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:07:47 AM EDT
We need Bush's face on Lootie for this outrage. (I just can't figure what George W. Lootie should be hauling away).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:13:25 AM EDT
I really, really hope it's one of those < wink, wink, nudge, nudge > things.

Hey Congress, *if* you pass the renewal of the 94 crime bill I'll sign in into law < crosses fingers behind his back>

Sadly, my gut tells me otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:45:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By _DR:

i2.tinypic.com/spb4f5.jpg

I would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:52:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By _DR:

i2.tinypic.com/spb4f5.jpg

Paging DVDTracker, paging DVDTracker........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:54:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SIRIUS1:
I'd like to see the conservative members of the House and Senate move to impeach Jorge.

Two problems with that:

1) There would actually have to *be* conservative members of the House or Senate
2) You would have to answer the question of "whom do we replace him with" to my satisfaction.

We are truly doomed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:55:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROptics:
We need Bush's face on Lootie for this outrage. (I just can't figure what George W. Lootie should be hauling away).

A crate-full of prescription drugs? I could think of some other things.........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:56:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By soowah:
I really, really hope it's one of those < wink, wink, nudge, nudge > things.

Hey Congress, *if* you pass the renewal of the 94 crime bill I'll sign in into law < crosses fingers behind his back>

Sadly, my gut tells me otherwise.

The only new bill I want to see is a revocation of 1934, 1968, 1986, etc, etc, etc.
Top Top