BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
.............I don't want to be another Abraham.

HH

LOL.......  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got 4.  All boys.   Three now in the service.  Wasn't easy, but also a lot of fun along the way.  Youngest is now 20.  Damn it sure went fast.  

I will make sure, all of them will serve our country in any capacity, they aren't getting any financial help from me until they have served honorably.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1 but I would like 5.

Good luck man, I'm hoping your wife is more understanding then mine...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Ex wife produced two which she claims are mine .

Wondering, if you can request a paternity test?

Actually I was joking , I'm as sure as any guy can be without testing
that they are mine .

Besides , they are 17 and 19 so what would the point be now ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Two sons, currently 7 and 4. They are my buddies, we do everything together. Not sure if we will have any more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are gonna have them, do it when you are a little younger, and have two to four.  There are economies of scale in having kids.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
chrome1: I agree.

newracer: good for you man, I can't wait for mine to be in that age range as well.

GunlvrPHD, I'm starting a little too late but I'm trying to catch up.

barkley-addict: Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#9]
We have one beautiful son (2.5 yrs old), we'd like one more child and are working on that (but will still be happy even if that isn't in the cards).

Quoted:
If you are gonna have them, do it when you are a little younger...

I'll be 40 this year!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We have one beautiful son (2.5 yrs old), we'd like one more child and are working on that (but will still be happy even if that isn't in the cards).

Quoted:
If you are gonna have them, do it when you are a little younger...

I'll be 40 this year!

Good for you man.... do you folks name your first born, a jr? II/III/IV/etc?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+0

+0

+0
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
2 currently - thinking about a third, then its frozen peas for sure...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Seven is unrealistic. Theres no way you can give the proper amount of attention that each kid needs when you have that many vying for your time. You wont ever be able to go out for dinner as a family unless your last name is Trump, when the kids are older they wont be able to attend the number or types of after-school activities they might want to attend, etc. Do some families manage it? Sure. And historically farm families etc have always been big because they needed the labor the kids provided. In todays society though? Nope. We know one family that is having their seventh nowe and she is like the walking dead. I'd say start with one and go from there. Each kid does not double your work load, its like it quadruples your work. Seven would make you snap. My wife wanted 4 minimum when we got together, and by the time the second one came along, she saw the light of day and that was it for us.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Three.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Have one and put the brakes on after that. (perm. fix)

I can't see trying to handle more.  It seems like I don't have the ability or time to give everything I can/want to the one I already have.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I will know by the end of the day if the number changes from 0 to 1!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
 Also, none of our children will date in the traditional sense.  My daughter already knows that we will be practicing old fashioned courting while she is supported by us.

No offense, but what century do you think this is again?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm hoping for all boys too.... but she wants at least 1 girl, so the man's got to compromise...

You'll wind up with all girls with that attitude. Think it doesn't happen? The wife knows one family that kept trying for a boy, wound up with about 6 girls. No boys. Take what you get and be happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My wife and I have four.  I just turned 30.  We have no multiples (twins/triplets/etc.)  We plan on having as many as God blesses us with.  No, we're not Catholic or Mormon, but children are God's ultimate blessing.

+1

Though I'm not married..............yet, and I'm a little older than you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OK, how many kids do you have?

I had a talk with the wifey and I told her, I want 7 kids and she isn't too happy, she only wants 3 kids. I will fully support my kids with NO government assistance.

Her reason is, she doesn't want to get out of "shape".

do you have any? you must not value your sleep.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I have 3,

ALL girls!!!

needless to say, i sleep in the dog house a lot, but i love all 3 of them more than life itself and wouldn't trade them for the world.

camaro
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#22]
None yet but would like 2 or 3 kids.  2 if i had a boy and girl and 3 if the first 2 were the same sex.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Two for me. That was the perfect fit for my Wife and I.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Two great kids, girl 16 and boy 15.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I get married 22 April 2006, My future wife and I will be producing 2 offspring.

Producing two offspring, I couldn't quit laughing when I imagined the robot from Lost in Space   saying that.  

"Danger Will Robinson, producing two offspring!"

My wife and I have been married for about eight years and have no children yet.  Our line of thinking was we would have kids after a few (read two or three) years.  My wife and I planned on having two or three children, plans change.
I've been a little busy, deployed and redeployed, hardship tours, difficult to stay in the country to start a family.  It turns out that I can't have kids.  I thought for a long while that it was just because I was gone all the time.  It was a little hard to accept.  

After a while we started to think about adopting, we'll probably adopt.

Take care of your kids.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#26]
My wife and I have an 18 month old boy and another on the way, I think we'll stop there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#27]
4 or 5
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Good for you man.... do you folks name your first born, a jr? II/III/IV/etc?

Funny you should ask.

This being the Deep South, we have a propensity for calling anybody who is a "junior" Junior, like it's his name, indefinitely.  Knowing this, and not wanting me to be saddled with Junior my whole life, my mother convinced my father NOT to make me a "junior."  We have the same first name (Richard), but different middle names.  I made my son a "junior," but nobody calls him that (although that it usually how I refer to him on here).  Dad goes by Dick and I go by Richard, so we're calling my son Richie for now.

Funny thing is now my Dad regrets not making me a junior so that Richie could be Richard III (yes, I understand the inglorious history associated with that particular name... ).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top