Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:57:55 PM EDT
All I have to say is how impressed I am with Kershaw! I have a Ken Onion Leek and a Chive and the spring assist stopped "assisting" after 2 years of daily carrying the Leek. I went to their web site to see what the warranty was and it said "life time" and gave an address. I typed a quick note on the computer and dropped it in the UPS (ground) last week probably mid week (I live in Va mind you and they are in Oregon). Today I get the mail and there was a box from them. I opened it up and it was a BRAND NEW Leek!

I just thought I would share my experience with you guys! I was happy with the quality of the product, but impressed more with the service after the sale!

Here is the Chive with the NEW Leek

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:01:04 PM EDT
cool, I believe I have a package to mail.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:03 PM EDT
Kershaw's warranty is great, and their service is awesome too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:04:39 PM EDT
I have been carrying a Leek for about 2 years, and I absolutely love it. It is one hell of a carry friendly knife; it gets tucked into my waistband above my wallet and I barely notice it's there.

I didn't realize that their warranty was so consumer friendly. That's good to hear!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:08 PM EDT

Did you have to provide the reciept ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
A friend accidently overtightned a screw to my blade and it stirpped out and wouldnt open or loosten...I mailed emm the knife and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked.

Now, I (or my friend) screwed the knife up, it wasnt a defect... Yet they still sent me a new one.

Now thats what I call service!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:29:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By djohns6:
Did you have to provide the reciept ?

I didnt, no.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:49:51 PM EDT
No just sent it in with a basic letter saying what the issue was. A friend gave me the Leek so I had no recipt. Even though I did not state that on the letter, it was never brought up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:58:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ICEAGE:
A friend accidently overtightned a screw to my blade and it stirpped out and wouldnt open or loosten...I mailed emm the knife and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked.

Now, I (or my friend) screwed the knife up, it wasnt a defect... Yet they still sent me a new one.

Now thats what I call service!

Thats kinda how mine was when I sent my kershaw back. No doubt it was my fault, and it was abuse and negligence, not the quality of the knife. They sent me a new one reguardless. I've bought more from them for this very reason.
Top Top