Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 3:43:59 PM EDT
I get ten different kinds of pissed off when I see the American flag being burnt by protestors. Can't help it. Always have. It doesn't bother me in the least to see other countries flags in flames though. Does that make me a bad person?

Today I was daydreaming of burning a flag that represents a country south of ours and posting a picture of the deed on the internet. Would that result in a locked post? It would only be for the exercising of my first ammendtment rights.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:46:14 PM EDT
doesnt hurt to try. it is well within your rights
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:51:33 PM EDT
Funny, I thought of the same exact thing today.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT
In college I had some Frat brothers try this. I told them it was their Const. Right to express their freedoms by burning a flag. I also let them know that in addition to taking that as a personal attack and being very dissapointed in them that I would exercise my right as a Marine to fuck them up for burning it. There was no burning.

If it makes you feel good, do it. But be aware some people may take "offense" and act in the same way you or I would when seeing our flag burned.

That being said.
be sure to post pic....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:57:03 PM EDT
Burning the flag is a double edged sword.

I used to be for an Amendment to prohibit burning our flag.

But, like it or not, it does speak volumes about the amount of freedom Americans possess, by allowing stupid cocksuckers the right to do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 12:57:52 AM EDT by Big_Bear]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:39:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By krpind:
Burning the flag is a double edged sword.

I used to be for an Amendment to prohibit burning our flag.

But, like it or not, it does speak volumes about the amount of freedom Americans possess, by allowing stupid cocksuckers the right to do it.

I'm pretty much the same. Used to think it should be illegal, and it pisses me off to no end, but the fact that it is legal does speak alot.

And +1 for wanting to publicly burn a Mexican flag. I would probably get called a racist, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Hell, just to make it even, I'll burn a French flag too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:41:26 AM EDT
Ill do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:43:38 AM EDT
I've got matches...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:55:27 AM EDT
Just don't end up like this guy:

Top Top