Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:28:08 AM EDT
Heard a rumor he died today, april fools isnt till tomorrow.  American news isnt reporting it...yet. Here's to keeping your fingers crossed though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Be nice but I doubt it, Fox news would be going crazy by now
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
He's been dead for years.  What you see is an automitron like in Disneylands hall of presidents.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Be nice but I doubt it, Fox news would be going crazy by now

Cuba is denying it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I say trade and diplomatic relations are wide open as soon as he is truly dead. Fucker has been in power forever and we have gone through 10 presidents.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
When Castro does die the CIA will formally take over
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, we hear that almost once a month down here.  I won't believe it until I see a corpse.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/165929.php

Some pretty hilarious google "translations" in there:

According to sources officials the Cuban dictator I have not been castrating for some days was in delicate state of health after to have undergone a sudden infarct.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I have heard, Castro unlike Franco is still alive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Even when he does die the Cuban .gov is going to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I have heard, Castro unlike Franco is still alive.

You mean Generalisimo Franchesco Franco is still dead?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Does that mean Miami will have a mass exodus?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Even when he does die the Cuban .gov is going to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with him.

What if they are now?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

you would think, but they don't want to leave all their free benefits behind do you?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't matter, his brother is worse.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't Castro's brother all geared up to take over for him?

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#17]

To a point, a ton of people down here have had open ended tickets to Cuba for years just waiting for his death.  People will go both ways, businesses will be going crazy with opportunity.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

No, the brother is supposed to be worse.  Being groomed now as well.  I don't think the country will end up being handed over to him though.  It will be a rough couple of months (yes I said months).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Heard a rumor he died today, april fools isnt till tomorrow.  American news isnt reporting it...yet. Here's to keeping your fingers crossed though.

April fool's day is not until Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you would think, but they don't want to leave all their free benefits behind do you?

You don't know much about the Cuban community do you?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The good Cubans work harder than most so called native Americans.... ...and are more patriotic too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The good Cubans work harder than most so called native Americans.... ...and are more patriotic too.

Amen.

<-- Parents came from Cuba and busted their asses
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I’ll admit I don’t know that much about the Cubans although the ones I dealt with on a trip to Miami seemed like pretty decent folks. But aren’t the Cubans typically hard working business people?

I do know they tend to vote Republican, so I’m pretty sure there aren’t many of them here for a welfare check.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#23]
OH DAMN!!!

Something just hit me…

Think about how much frickin surplus 7.62x39 Castro probably has stashed away. When Castro goes to his, no doubt fiery, eternal reward the Cuban people are going to need to get some hard currency somehow…

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I’ll admit I don’t know that much about the Cubans although the ones I dealt with on a trip to Miami seemed like pretty decent folks. But aren’t the Cubans typically hard working business people?

I do know they tend to vote Republican, so I’m pretty sure there aren’t many of them here for a welfare check.

You are correct, that's why I commented about the ignorant "free benefits" statement.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OH DAMN!!!

Something just hit me…

Think about how much frickin surplus 7.62x39 Castro probably has stashed away. When Castro goes to his, no doubt fiery, eternal reward the Cuban people are going to need to get some hard currency somehow…

We can hope!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

As a group, and especially among the now-older generation, Cubans tend to be EXTREMELY hard-working and, (just as importantly) have found an interesting balance between their culture and their adopted new home.

We still cook our foods. We still speak our language. We still maintain our customs and traditions. HOWEVER, we learn to speak English, find welfare to be insulting, and are ferociously anti-communist and pro-American.

The newer generation of folks coming across are, for the most part, pretty similar. Of course, there are always exceptions, but the stereotype you see on TV and the movies (Miami Vice and Scarface, for instance) are far from universal.

At the risk of sounding a bit elitist (and those of you here who know Cubans know that we are), Cubans see themselves as "better" than the other Latin American countries because of that work ethic. It's not that others don't work hard, it's just that the ethic is more universal amongst us.

That's as far as I'll go with generalities that might offend if they go further.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Who gives a shit about Castro, what about Elvis?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a group, and especially among the now-older generation, Cubans tend to be EXTREMELY hard-working and, (just as importantly) have found an interesting balance between their culture and their adopted new home.

We still cook our foods. We still speak our language. We still maintain our customs and traditions. HOWEVER, we learn to speak English, find welfare to be insulting, and are ferociously anti-communist and pro-American.

The newer generation of folks coming across are, for the most part, pretty similar. Of course, there are always exceptions, but the stereotype you see on TV and the movies (Miami Vice and Scarface, for instance) are far from universal.

At the risk of sounding a bit elitist (and those of you here who know Cubans know that we are), Cubans see themselves as "better" than the other Latin American countries because of that work ethic. It's not that others don't work hard, it's just that the ethic is more universal amongst us.

That's as far as I'll go with generalities that might offend if they go further.

I'll not go much further, either, but it's that same rationale that I've gotten from the Asian (mostly Chinese and Philippino) folks I've come into contact with that causes them to *not* think of themselves, as "poor, shafted minorities".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'll not go much further, either, but it's that same rationale that I've gotten from the Asian (mostly Chinese and Philippino) folks I've come into contact with that causes them to *not* think of themselves, as "poor, shafted minorities".

Oh, believe me, Asians make us Cubans look like......

Well, they make us look lazy. Let's leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#30]
+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a Cuban myself I agree 100% with your words hermano.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Isn't Castro's brother all geared up to take over for him?

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.

Yes, supposedly Dennis is not a good guy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zap, Let it rip.    We got your 6
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
how hard would it really be for a determined marksman to kill castro, I know that the CIA tried and failed but if you really think about it

Cubans float here all the time on goodyears and el camios so it couldn’t be that hard to steal a boat and sneak into the country,

theres got to be freaking guns everywhere in that country! last year castro had an american invasion preparation day where he convinced the country that American might still want to invade his shithole and one day every year the civilians should collect their rifles and dig foxholes along the beaches.

So we know that we can get to cuba and we know that we can get guns while were there, is he really so protected that a really determined american with a 6.5 grendel couldnt get him at 800 yards

or maybe his brother if he takes power

What im asking is, is it feasible to assassinate castro or his brother if I, err... a really determined random person, wanted to?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
how hard would it really be for a determined marksman to kill castro, I know that the CIA tried and failed but if you really think about it

Cubans float here all the time on goodyears and el camios so it couldn’t be that hard to steal a boat and sneak into the country,

theres got to be freaking guns everywhere in that country! last year castro had an american invasion preparation day where he convinced the country that American might still want to invade his shithole and one day every year the civilians should collect their rifles and dig foxholes along the beaches.

So we know that we can get to cuba and we know that we can get guns while were there, is he really so protected that a really determined american with a 6.5 grendel couldnt get him at 800 yards

or maybe his brother if he takes power

What im asking is, is it feasible to assassinate castro or his brother if I, err... a really determined random person, wanted to?

Before you run off and buy that 6.5 (hell, I'll bet you've already got it ), let me caution you:

Saddam and Castro train at the same gym, and with the same kung-fu master.  OK, so maybe not, but they both have copies of "Dictating for Dummies" and employ lots of the same tricks found on pg.461.

IOW, you could probably bust a cap in him, but you couldn't be guaranteed it was actually Castro and not a decoy until afterwards.

Hey, remember the movie "Dave" with Kevin Kline?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Coño! Otro?

Oye, pero estamos por donde quiera', meng!

EdAvilaSr
GoatBoy
Zaphod
Mag162
WyattEarp

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zap, Let it rip.    We got your 6

I didn't just hit 25K posts to piss it all away!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Seemingly the only ppl carrying the "Castro dead?" rumor is the Jawa News (a Star Wars site, BTW) story you linked to earlier.

A more recent hit (9hrs ago) by Google News is here:

http://www.ain.cubaweb.cu/idioma/ingles/2006/marz30fidel-alvarorios.htm <pls keep cold>

(now, you'll notice the tld is for cuba, so it's obviously a biased, state-controlled site)

================================================

Fidel Castro and OLADE Top Official Held Talks in Havana

Havana, March 30 (ACN) During a friendly encounter on Wednesday evening, Cuban President Fidel Castro Ruz and the Executive Secretary of the Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE), Alvaro Rios Roca, addressed the world energy situation and the Latin American and Caribbean panorama.

The OLADE Executive Secretary is visiting the island for the first time after his election to the important post near the end of 2005, Granma newspaper reports on Thursday.

During the encounter, President Castro gave the visitor a detailed description of the  national energy program underway throughout the island, and which is known here as the Energy Revolution in Cuba.The national initiative has a focus on energy consciousness and fuel efficiency, and a planned and diversified government policy on electricity production. These changes are expected to provide considerable savings for the country that can be invested in developing other sectors of the economy and important social programs.

The OLADE executive expressed his admiration for Cuba's energy plans and expressed his interest in bringing the island's experience to other nations in the region. He asked for Cuba's assitance in converting the OLADE into a genuine instrument for Latin American and Caribbean energy integration.

================================================
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#39]
alive and well and living with osama, mullet omar and al-zarqawi in a sea cave in the bahamas some where...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#40]
... Well a guy can sit on his porch, draw on a fine genuine Cohiba whilst sipping a bold cab and wish can't he?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#41]
yo creo que Mojo tambien es cubano.
Pero no estoy seguro. Raptor22 tambien es cubano. Nosotros estamos donde quiera chico. Tu sabes como somos nosotros.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I seen him at Walmart the other morning when I stopped there to get somthing for lunch at work

Had the hat on, big bushy beard.

No cigar.

Was alot shorter that I thought he would be.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#43]
EdAvilaSr
GoatBoy
Zaphod
Mag162
WyattEarp
Raptor22
Mojo (?)

Viva la revolución!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#44]
ok so i need an answer from the more informed ex navy SEALS and mall Ninjas,

should i plan a weekend vacation for the end of the month to Cuba to cap castro with my official 50th anniversary castro capper 6.5?

I really dont have a 6.5, and i dont think i could get the job done with my .308, i still havent gotten the hang of scope adjustments past 600 yards! but if anyone wants to lend me some toys for the coo im all ears!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coño! Otro?

Oye, pero estamos por donde quiera', meng!

EdAvilaSr
GoatBoy
Zaphod
Mag162
WyattEarp

Anyone else?

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck Castro. That bearded fag. I would love to chase him down mainstreet Havana with an F-4. As a matter of fact, if Kennedy had not been a pussy and provided some Navy air suppoert, my old man's B-26s would have whipped his ass. Does anyone remember Pete Ray?
Thanks,
" remember brigade 2506"
Milton
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top