Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:50:17 AM EDT

Here is the scenario,

I live in a very small town. we have a group of welfare scumbags that opened up a mexican restaurant here.
I have had a run in with these folks before. They trashed my rental and refused to pay rent for months while I was forced to go through the legal process to get them evicted.

I was driving down main street yesterday and saw them raising a mexican flag on a flagpole outside the restaurant.

I contacted the city mayor and voiced my concern that I find this very offensive.

I then printed this letter and posted it at the local gas station.

Free Stuff
after not paying rent for several months my former tenants have finally vacated and abandoned the premises the address is ************  there are several items left in the front and back yard, such as trampoline, grill, hot water tank, childrens toys, ect.
please help yourself to any of these items if you could use them. after a week I will just be hauling it to the dump. as of right now there is a pitbull that they left chained up in the back yard. Hopefully they will come and get it. if the pitbull is there do not endanger yourself, it will be gone soon.

as a service to the community I will be leaving the house open for inspection for one week. This is to bring a awareness to our cities newest fine dining establishment.
If you have a very strong stomach take a look at how these people live and then make up your own mind if you would like to eat at Los ********.

This morning there was a knock on the door and it was the sheriff issuing me a restraining order. to stay away from them and thier restaurant.

here is my questions.
1. what if anything can we do legally to stop them from raising the mexican flag on our soil?
2. I am protesting this protection order but in the meantime am I not allowed to purchase guns?
3. if this order sticks will it restrict me from getting my FFL in the future?
4. The city cop said that I was in violation of slander and liable?
5. I told the city cop that I was just donating items left behind on my property to the communityand writing a editorial. that states make up your own mind about that restaurant

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Fight the restraining order.

Also, get one on them.  Its been done plenty of times.

Shok
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I think in Illinois, if you have a restraining order against you,
you cannot even legally possess firearms.

You better double check that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you threaten them in any way?  Judging from your story, you didn't even come close.

Fight the restraining order.  Your rights are in danger.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like BS to me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in NE?  I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
How is that slander? You didnt seem to make any untrue statement .

So running out on rent -no problem.
Willful distruction of property -no problem.
Animal abandonment/cruelty - no problem.

But you are slandering these poor people.

Nice.

Have your friends call the health department on there restuarant.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
here is my questions.
1. what if anything can we do legally to stop them from raising the mexican flag on our soil?
2. I am protesting this protection order but in the meantime am I not allowed to purchase guns?
3. if this order sticks will it restrict me from getting my FFL in the future?
4. The city cop said that I was in violation of slander and liable?
5. I told the city cop that I was just donating items left behind on my property to the communityand writing a editorial. that states make up your own mind about that restaurant

1. No problem, just get the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution repealed.
4. Evidently you mistook him for a cop. Actually he was a sidewalk attorney. I think he needs to stick to law enforcement and leave the civil appeals to attorneys that actually know the law.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

What sounds like BS? His story? I assure you that much more assinine things go on in America's legal system. You see... the criminals have learned how to use the legal system to THEIR advantage. Regular folks like you and I try to avoid legal situations and thus, we know very little about how the system works. This is just another case in a million where THE GOOD GUY gets screwed by the BAD GUY with willing (or at least participating) members of the law enforcement and legal community.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]
1. Nothing, they are apparently citizens and as such they have 1st Amendment protections that allow them to raise whatever flag they wish on their property.

2. Check with your state laws or consult an attorney on that one, better safe than sorry.

3. Same as number 2

4. Did he have a law degree?  He should stick to enforcment and leave legal interpretation to the professionals.

5. He doesn't care, he's just the message boy.

Go after them for being scumbags.  I know the Mexican flag thing is all the rage right now, and I don't like it either, but if you attack them too hard on their "Mexicanness" and not enough on the fact that they are scumbags, you might get a racist label by your local politicos that'll screw you if this drags on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Have them arrested for animal abandonment.  I did this before against an old tenant I had.  They were arrested and served a few days.  Maybe that will make them think twice about doing it next time.  Course that was in Texas not sure about where you live.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

What sounds like BS? His story? I assure you that much more assinine things go on in America's legal system. You see... the criminals have learned how to use the legal system to THEIR advantage. Regular folks like you and I try to avoid legal situations and thus, we know very little about how the system works. This is just another case in a million where THE GOOD GUY gets screwed by the BAD GUY with willing (or at least participating) members of the law enforcement and legal community.

Edited for spelling.

What is BS is having a restraining order placed on this man for voicing his story.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#14]

If they assets in the restaurant, can you sue them for the back rent?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If they assets in the restaurant, can you sue them for the back rent?

Shit thats what I would do!  Someone has to own that equipment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Great county this has become since the 60's huh?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I would sure like to eat at that restaurant.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Chase them for everything they've got.  Just do it in a court of law the same way they did.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, I will have them up on court every chance I get, the guy doesn't stay with them so she can get welfare, wick, childcare and gets dissability  out of 2 of the 6 kids they have, and housing assistance along with her getting phony dissability from social security. he cooks in the back of the restaurant and I just know he is illegal. did a people search  and there is no birthdate places lived or anything.I filled out my own protection order and I know he won't show for my protest hearing, he's illegall.
I read the ex parte protection order he and her both have to show or it will be dropped, I hope he's not dumb enough to show

now way am I going to have my rights to buying guns , FFL license and our new CCW law just because I printed the truth about her not paying rent and destroying my house.
I'm so sorry that telling the truth about these leeches of society made her angry.
but I will not lose my rights as a member of the community  that has never been in trouble
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top