Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:31:51 PM EDT
Yup... if we don't have the national will to secure our borders & preserve our language and culture, then we deserve the fucked-up future that awaits us!

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessively persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

That's right... keep having your lawns mowed, your houses built, & your food cooked by illegals, cause hey... it saves you a few bucks in the short term, and besides, you don't want to appear intollerant, or God forbid pay fifty cents more for a head of lettuce.

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in its own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

They grow in numbers & in strength day by day, while we wither on the vine & worry ourselves sick about such "important" issues as gay & animal "rights", and if that pretty little rich girl will ever come home from Aruba!

Truth is, politician assisted suicide has become the new American pastime, so stop squirming, and embrace the darkness... it's what you wanted America.            
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
One day I will make the news, and it ain't going to be for an award!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yup... if we don't have the national will to secure our borders & preserve our language and culture, then we deserve the fucked-up future that awaits us!

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessivly persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

That's right... keep having your lawns mowed, your houses built, & your food cooked by illegals, cause hey... it saves you a few bucks in the short term, and besides, you don't want to appear intollerant, or God forbid pay fifty cents more for a head of lettuce.

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in it's own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

They grow in numbers & in strength day by day, while we wither on the vine & worry ourselves sick about such "important" issues as gay & animal "rights", and if that pretty little rich girl will ever come home from Aruba!

Truth is, politician assisted suicide has become the new American pastime, so stop squirming, and embrace the darkness... it's what you wanted America.            

WTF!!!!! dude leave baseball out of this

and they called me a redneck

and hey if we do become a "third world hell hole" then i have a feeling it we be alot easier to get full auto weapons....

but i think what you need right now its to STFU!!!!!

end of rant
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessivly persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in it's own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

Didn't Rome have the same issues?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Take it easy...  I'm with you on the fat/lazy american idol retards, but they're an easy lot to point out.

Don't get mad with the rich...  they're just making land less affordable to the immigrants who will have to serve the new feudal landscape..  That's what we're striving for, that and baseball, right?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could argue with you, but sadly, I agree on most points. We have become a selfish, materialistic society that spends valuable time obsessing about shit that is of little real importance, while ignoring that which is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and hey if we do become a "third world hell hole" then i have a feeling it we be alot easier to get full auto weapons....

end of rant

I think he was spot on, and baseball is a good example of what's going on with our nation, actually!!!

Why does he need to STFU?!?!?!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well said and so true. Stand and be counted boys. This is OUR country.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By RRA0211

end of rant

Yes... because obsessively following the exploits of overpaid steroid junkies who PLAY A GAME for a living is much more important than trying to preserve the sovereignty of our Republic.

I rest my case folks...    
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Does that mean we get our own milosevic who wants us to kill muslims?  Im down!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Only 159 views?  

I guess America is too busy trolling for teenage ass over at MySpace.com to face the truth.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Evening

In looking at the decline of the United States, and I do believe that we are in decline, I see alot of similarities between us and the Romans.

Both of us where the greatest powers in their respectively known worlds.  Both had governments that had grown to become too cumbersome with bureaucrats and officials more concerned with maintaining their own power than that of the people.   The majority of its middle class no longer served in the mititary.   Its moral compass was weakened by the example of its leadership.  In short the Citizens of Rome and The Citizentry of America are both weaker than the founders of both Empires.

In the end Rome fell not to external invasion so much as to lack of internal will to resist and fight effectively against that external threat.  Though the Roman Empire allowed the Goths to enter the Eastern Roman Empire as to create a cheap labor pool and a buffer state.   The Romans had offered to create that buffer state, arm them and to aid them in resisting the Huns.  As history has shown us the Romans failed to live up to their end and that sent the Goths rampaging throughout the Eastern Roman Empire.  Which then led to the invasion of Western Roman Empire by the Huns and Goths.  

We too are now allowing the illegal immigration into to the US as a source of cheap labor.   Though we have never offered then land to create a buffer state per se  the anaolgy seems sound.   Though we do not face the huns at the gate in the form of a physical enemy I do not believe it to be that much of a leap to say that corruption, violence and poverty in Mexico can be stated as the driving force making the illegals cross into the US.

Unfortunately like Rome I do not see us trying to defeat the cause of the invasion.  We have not built a wall to keep the Goths/Mexicans out.  We have not sought to aid the Goths/Mexicans in trying to take back their own country from the Huns/Mexican Corruption.

In the end I foresee our downfall just like the fall of the Roman Empire.  Weakened by Internal dissent, Fat from the GLORIES OF EMPIRE and Ripe for the picking by a hungrier entity.  Is there an answer to this?  Is there a way to stop it?  

The biggest weakness of America is that it has fallen from the knowledge that America is different from every other nation on Earth.  We are the children of people who founded or came to this country because we did not want to be where we came from.  Here is the land of opportunity.  Here is the land of Freedom.   Here a man makes his own way and with his will, brains and back can make himself into whatever he so chooses.  We are the children of those who saw in America not only a new land but a new way.  A place where the individual fears not his government but that his government should fear him.

We are not Europeans with their "The state shall be responsible for you from cradle to grave" mentality.  We are not Asians with their attitudes of "The state is always correct and that society is always greater than the individual."  We are not Africans who believe in "The strong make their own rules."  Unfortunately we have become corrupted with the soft ideals of Europe.  (Europe land of outrageous taxes on their most productive citizens, a land that has promises cradle to the grave care but only if you wait,  A land that is slowly losing its own integrity and is losing its moral compass.)

Can we change?  I doubt it.  I remember listening to Rush a few years back and he said something that I will always remember.  "Being a liberal is easy.  All you have to do is agree with everyone and support feel good actions.  A conservative though has to disagree with someone sometime because you can't please everyone all the time ."   That is so true

God what a long rant that was.  I wonder if anyone is going to read this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]

I wonder if anyone is going to read this?

I did, and thank you for taking the time to write it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
We have nobody to blame but ourselves bro! We should have had a civil war a while ago. Now the police state is so powerful and the people are so dependent on government that the best thing that could happen to us is some kind of plague that targets the stupid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quit complaining and do something about it.

No offense intended, but if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.  That was a general comment, not a targeted one, by the way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No offense intended, but if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.  That was a general comment, not a targeted one, by the way.

Let's get together and go create some chaos then!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessively persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing. Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in its own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news! Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

Amen brother, Amen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Evening

In looking at the decline of the United States, and I do believe that we are in decline, I see alot of similarities between us and the Romans.

Both of us where the greatest powers in their respectively known worlds.  Both had governments that had grown to become too cumbersome with bureaucrats and officials more concerned with maintaining their own power than that of the people.   The majority of its middle class no longer served in the mititary.   Its moral compass was weakened by the example of its leadership.  In short the Citizens of Rome and The Citizentry of America are both weaker than the founders of both Empires.

In the end Rome fell not to external invasion so much as to lack of internal will to resist and fight effectively against that external threat.  Though the Roman Empire allowed the Goths to enter the Eastern Roman Empire as to create a cheap labor pool and a buffer state.   The Romans had offered to create that buffer state, arm them and to aid them in resisting the Huns.  As history has shown us the Romans failed to live up to their end and that sent the Goths rampaging throughout the Eastern Roman Empire.  Which then led to the invasion of Western Roman Empire by the Huns and Goths.  

We too are now allowing the illegal immigration into to the US as a source of cheap labor.   Though we have never offered then land to create a buffer state per se  the anaolgy seems sound.   Though we do not face the huns at the gate in the form of a physical enemy I do not believe it to be that much of a leap to say that corruption, violence and poverty in Mexico can be stated as the driving force making the illegals cross into the US.

Unfortunately like Rome I do not see us trying to defeat the cause of the invasion.  We have not built a wall to keep the Goths/Mexicans out.  We have not sought to aid the Goths/Mexicans in trying to take back their own country from the Huns/Mexican Corruption.

In the end I foresee our downfall just like the fall of the Roman Empire.  Weakened by Internal dissent, Fat from the GLORIES OF EMPIRE and Ripe for the picking by a hungrier entity.  Is there an answer to this?  Is there a way to stop it?  

The biggest weakness of America is that it has fallen from the knowledge that America is different from every other nation on Earth.  We are the children of people who founded or came to this country because we did not want to be where we came from.  Here is the land of opportunity.  Here is the land of Freedom.   Here a man makes his own way and with his will, brains and back can make himself into whatever he so chooses.  We are the children of those who saw in America not only a new land but a new way.  A place where the individual fears not his government but that his government should fear him.

We are not Europeans with their "The state shall be responsible for you from cradle to grave" mentality.  We are not Asians with their attitudes of "The state is always correct and that society is always greater than the individual."  We are not Africans who believe in "The strong make their own rules."  Unfortunately we have become corrupted with the soft ideals of Europe.  (Europe land of outrageous taxes on their most productive citizens, a land that has promises cradle to the grave care but only if you wait,  A land that is slowly losing its own integrity and is losing its moral compass.)

Can we change?  I doubt it.  I remember listening to Rush a few years back and he said something that I will always remember.  "Being a liberal is easy.  All you have to do is agree with everyone and support feel good actions.  A conservative though has to disagree with someone sometime because you can't please everyone all the time ."   That is so true

Well done!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
yep (tag)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Voilà ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both
victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer
of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the
once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once
vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands
vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin
vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious
violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a
votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day
vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of
verbiage veers most verbose vis-Ã -vis an introduction, and so it is my very
good honor to meet you and you may call me Valiant

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#20]
we have been sold out by the REPUBLICRATS
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm thinking of burning my voter registration card. That way I can feel better about myself not contributing to the madness.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#22]
+1,000,000
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

And their actions will deliver the House and Senate to the Democrats as a result.

Good job guys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#24]

And like any other junkie, our only options are to get clean or die.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of burning my voter registration card. That way I can feel better about myself not contributing to the madness.hr

Many people say that old sayings are simply that ... old sayings.  I find that some of them hold a great of truth to it.  One of my favorites is "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

I can feel your frustrations, as I feel them too whenever I see President Bush on TV (Tell me the truth now...does he or does he not look like Howdy Doody?).  I have heard that people don't vote because by not voting it shows the government that apathy of the people and that they will then want to stir the populace to want to be more involved.  Nice line but another old saying seems to be more true "The sqeeky wheel gets the grease".  So by not voting you might as well be advocating for someone like NAMBLA.

Look at the last election.  About 1/2 of the eligible voters even bother to vote and that was because it was a CONTESTED national election.   Did Congress or the President do anything to try and get us more interested?  The only thing I can recall was a massive push by special interest groups to get out the vote.  (Nothing against special interest groups trying to get out the vote since I usually vote NRA issues anyway.   However it is my choice on how I vote and my responsibility to know what I am voting for and against.)

The government does not care that you don't vote.  In fact looking at it closely there is a good arguement that the government wants you not to vote since then it and their special interests can push through their legislation.  Protests?  Unless it is an election year or it is massively unpopular the politicians are gonna pass that legislation right over your protests and most likely that issue wont come up again in any force during their election cycle.

Incrementalism!  It is easier and surer to slowly erode something than to rip it away whole.   That is something that the Liberals have become masters of over the last 50 yrs.   By using "progressive judges they have effectively made law.  As these laws come into effect they lessen the hurdle for the next infraction into our rights.  A prime example is the original gun control act that got rid of automatic weapons and short barreled shotguns.  This then led to a ban on mail order guns.  That then led to a ban on Semi automatic military looking weapons, etc...

Don't get me wrong I value the Bill of Rights and the Constitution higher than even my religious texts, but the constitution is not something to be "evaluated" and "judge" by current standards by some government official.    The Bill of Rights declares our rights as given by God and simply enumerated within the Constitution.   The Bill of Rights is there to limit the power of government over my life.   It is not there so that a judge (not directly elected by me or the people) can make law.

So I vote because that makes me one of the minority of people that do so in this country and that way I have some influence on how they appoint judges.   If nothing else my vote cancels out the vote of someone who is opposed to my beliefs.

Man I must have alot of time tonight since I am writing this instead of reading the post of other arfcommers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Only 159 views?  

I guess America is too busy trolling for teenage ass over at MySpace.com to face the truth.  

I try to find time for both.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And their actions will deliver the House and Senate to the Democrats as a result.

Good job guys.

I live in Illinois (see commie ruled blue state) , and you dont want a FED. Govt. doing to your state , what these commie dems have done here ,    that being said ,  i dont know who to vote for ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only 159 views?  

I try to find time for both.  

It's tough I tell's ya!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:05:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Our prosperity has made us fat, dumb, and happy.
American success is a 2 edged sword.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Whitey aint bitchin' so he won't be heard on the Hill.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I wonder if anyone is going to read this?

I did, and thank you for taking the time to write it.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:21:10 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I don't think there's much we can do about it.  Its the culture that has "progressed" over the last 30 years.  Political correctness and liberalism are destroying this country.  

My dream is that all the good people in the blue states would move to red states, and the lib scum would move to the blue states.   Then we could at least have some control over our part of the country.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#36]
booo hoooo, im no poet,but i do have an opinion on this we fought communism for fifty years with great viggor a lot of sons and fathers fell in their own blood to defend us from this poison and their ungodly ilk ,
all the while they were here among us. liberals.we encourage everything that happens to us when we walk by and look down at the ground as hippie spits on or burns our flag.or we just take it when teahers in our schools put our president on trial to embarras him at a time of war . i could go on for a thousand examples but i dont have to you all know .  and i cant spell for crap.wont cclose or at least restrict the boarders wow. on and on and on. i guess the best i can do is protect my family to my own skills and let things happen as the lord wills.

cant write for shit should have finished 7th grade i guess
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessively persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in its own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

And sadly, what action will be taken by America's remaining Patriots? Most plan to bury their weapons in the ground. What a fucking great strategy! The politicians (Rep., dems, whatever) will have what they always wanted; a proletariat made up of half who are used to and expect dictatorship and half who are too cowardly to take any action against it.

PS- Fuck M.L.baseball! - Drug abusing, over-paid, cheating, prima-donnas are not my heros nor a role model for my kids.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Voilà ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both
victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer
of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the
once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once
vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands
vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin
vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious
violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a
votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day
vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of
verbiage veers most verbose vis-Ã -vis an introduction, and so it is my very
good honor to meet you and you may call me Valiant

Very, Very V  but it fits

Good post NYPatriot
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No, actually we've sold ourselves out to laziness and moral bankruptcy. The repubs are just a symptom of the problem. The only solution is to go back to our ideals. It may be a bit late for that though...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#41]
It's time for the American people to stand up and RIOT!

Loot, burn and bring

PANDEMONIUM

to the streets.

It's working for everyone else.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
One day I will make the news, and it ain't going to be for an award!!

+2
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I could without facing punishment, little Mexico in a neighboring city would be getting some fires set and who knows what else....

nice.....IBTL/ban
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Good thread NYPatriot. Excellent post by Cragius also.

Couldn't agree more.
I am looking at other parties and will probably move to the Constitution Party. I will not let them win by not voting. I would also like to become involved in that fledgling party and bring it to power but that will obviously take time. During that time we are in serious trouble. The politicians have totally betrayed us, incl the Republicans. What a disappointment they have been.

All of that said, I have completely lost faith in the political process in this country. The ramifications of that statement are clear. What I do know is that the longer it takes the worse off we will be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#45]
What's old is new again...

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Damn glad you did.  I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Only 159 views?  

Yep. this is why we are to the point we are. It is cyclical. The greatest generation wins WW2, comes home, spoils their kids, who become leftist pukes, they have kids and they are blobs, then some 3rd world takes over while they are complaining about not having as many video games as their neighbor, civil war erupts, the blood flows, is washed up, and it starts over again.

GR
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in its own survival, and completely preoccupied with keeping ourselves constantly entertained  

The comment in red is mine. A society that spends so much of it's time and effort to keep itself
entertained is in trouble, IMHO

Also, whether it is cheap illegal workers or the amount of crap we import from China, how much we will pay for something is key.

We want world leader lifestyles and standard of living, but we only want to pay third world wages for it. We want a DVD player (or two), but we're not willing to pay what it would cost  for our neighbor (or brother or sister) to maintain an average American standard of living.

We will make sure that a manufacturer in this country has to spend huge amounts of money on workplace safety and protecting the environment (as well they should), but then we'll buy our goods from someone who has doesn't nearly put the same emphasis on worker safety and dumps arsenic in the river out back. Sure, that will catch up to them. But will it be too late for us by then?

I'm no enonomist and maybe that comment proves it, but this is a formula that can't work for long.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The comment in red is mine. A society that spends so much of it's time and effort to keep itself entertained is in trouble, IMHO

Also, whether it is cheap illegal workers or the amount of crap we import from China, how much we will pay for something is key.

We want world leader lifestyles and standard of living, but we only want to pay third world wages for it. We want a DVD player (or two), but we're not willing to pay what it would cost  for our neighbor (or brother or sister) to maintain an average American standard of living.

We will make sure that a manufacturer in this country has to spend huge amounts of money on workplace safety and protecting the environment (as well they should), but then we'll buy our goods from someone who has doesn't nearly put the same emphasis on worker safety and dumps arsenic in the river out back. Sure, that will catch up to them. But will it be too late for us by then?

I'm no enonomist and maybe that comment proves it, but this is a formula that can't work for long.

It's ironic to me that people are more worried about illegals then say big oil, China, or the shrinking manufacturing base. I agree that illegals are a problem that need to be dealt with but there's a bigger picture here too. People want to close the borders off but yet still want to drive gas hog suv's which do nothing but actually bankroll terrorist states and big oil. In turn, big oil is killing us by blocking any and all alternative energies from coming to market unless there's a profit to be made from it. I'm still amazed at the fact that new construction houses don't have any requirements for solar panels on them and why the cost is still pohibitive. It's odd we make sure that they are energy efficient but not energy productive. But as long as big oil commands us to use fossil fuels as are main source of energy, it won't ever change and we will suffer for it. Americans want cheap goods that do nothing but finance China's growing military and all the while the manufacturing jobs, which are the backbone of any country, are fleeing to other nations including Mexico for cheaper labor. Corporations are now based off shore to avoid taxes but yet want to still sell their goods over here and don't want to provide any jobs for Americans. Seal the borders against illegals sure, but do the same for unscrupulous corporations too. They are really the one's that are costing America it's welfare and security.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By RRA0211

end of rant

Yes... because obsessively following the exploits of overpaid steroid junkies who PLAY A GAME for a living is much more important than trying to preserve the sovereignty of our Republic.

I rest my case folks...    

+1

...and I know, my avatar seems hypocritical. I just can't remember how to change it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top