Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:35:28 PM EDT
Yes, anything can happen, even a $100,000 Lotus Car can crap-out...blah blah.

However, i bought a Sig Sport 220, with tax, it was near $1300.00 (picture of it in bottom of picture below of my SIG collection).........

took it the range.....10 shots. ....great...... then, pull trigger, NOTHING......what,  what the hell, what, am i deluded? what.... pull trigger again.....nothing, again, nothing nothing...

Im VERY skilled with handguns (especially my glocks), take the grip plate off, thinking the one Failable part in a Sig, the triggerbar spring slipped off, or broke......nope, its fine......crap!!!!

i try again...ive got the trigger BURRIED and then some, ....hammer wont fall...........@#&@!!!!  and this is the "CUSTOM TUNED, DELUXE FACTORY SIG".......ergo the $1300.00 price tag!!!!

call sig, they tell me, "hehehe, sounds like a rookie in Germany did TOO much polishing on the internals.....send it back"..............

nothing like a $1300 "custom" "Inspected by the German Gurus" "DELUXE" 220 .45ACP SPORT that wont fire when you pull the trigger......... what a pisser, ...i cussed for a week.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
"Gherman eengeneering, een da house."
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
A Toyota Camry works all the time too, but it'll never equal the BMW M3.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Handguns aren't a fancy style competition. They are a tool. They should always work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
silence!

only glocks are allowed to malfunction!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Handguns aren't a fancy style competition. They are a tool. They should always work.

His car analogy is valid.

Custom guns, especially race and competition guns are by their nature more finicky than combat guns. This should be completely obvious.

I have a $1200 Kimber that wouldn't run from the get-go, and still gives me problems even after 4 trips to Kimber. Should it be that way? Nope, but custom doesn't mean "reliable". It means custom.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

unpimp z g-lock
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Custom guns, especially race and competition guns are by their nature more finicky than combat guns. This should be completely obvious.

I have a $1200 Kimber that wouldn't run from the get-go, and still gives me problems even after 4 trips to Kimber. Should it be that way? Nope, but custom doesn't mean "reliable". It means custom.

To me, an unreliable $1200 handgun, regardless of intended use, is unacceptable. Especially after FOUR trips back to the manufacturer.

A BMW M3 is a road car, same as a Camry. I could understand the analogy if it was comparing race guns to Indy cars.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I know how you feel, when I first bought my Sig p220 I thought since it was such a good expensive brand it was gonna run like a champ. First day I go out shooting with it the mags were falling out about an inch when I shot...

But atleast Sigarms repaired the pistol for free

It's working 100% now and I love it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]

To me, an unreliable $1200 handgun, regardless of intended use, is unacceptable. Especially after FOUR trips back to the manufacturer.

I know im going to get spit at, but 1911s are DEAD, akin to Single Action Cowboy Guns....given glocks, HKs, etc, polymer frames which allow double stack .45 ammo,....many breeds 1911s are ALWAYS needing tuning.

theres NOT ONE logical reason to own a 1911 given the stats. of a .45 glock or HK (which i certainly dont like, WAAAAAAY too over-engineered).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Did anyone take this guy to task for the pics of his huge collections? I am wondering why you are suddenly posting pics of "your" sig and glock collections and bitching about bad workmanship while owning over a dozen sigs? You dont make sense and i am 90% sure this is a troll account of some 15 year old kid trying to get in on a gun board.boring dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did anyone take this guy to task for the pics of his huge collections? I am wondering why you are suddenly posting pics of "your" sig and glock collections and bitching about bad workmanship while owning over a dozen sigs? You dont make sense and i am 90% sure this is a troll account of some 15 year old kid trying to get in on a gun board.boring dude.

Were you trained by SgtAR15?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
theres NOT ONE logical reason to own a 1911 given the stats. of a .45 glock or HK (which i certainly dont like, WAAAAAAY too over-engineered).

Double stack .45s are overly large in my hand. Many others will agree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Im VERY skilled with handguns (especially my glocks)

Are you the only one on this forum professional enough to handle a Glock .40?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I know im going to get spit at, but 1911s are DEAD, akin to Single Action Cowboy Guns....given glocks, HKs, etc, polymer frames which allow double stack .45 ammo,....many breeds 1911s are ALWAYS needing tuning.

theres NOT ONE logical reason to own a 1911 given the stats. of a .45 glock or HK
(which i certainly dont like, WAAAAAAY too over-engineered).

Ahh, the ignorance is amazing.

1911s run fine, kimber screwed the pooch and decided to make a bunch of guns with external extractors.   Kimber has seen the error of their ways and gone back to the internal extractor.   I'd be amazed if his kimber was an internal extractor gun.  

The logical reason to own a 1911 is that it's a time proven RELIABLE and ACCURATE and ERGONOMIC pistol.    I own a Sig P220, it works fine but I'd take a GI spec 1911 any day over it.  I own an XD40, still would take a 1911.   Owned a Glock 22 sold it and bought a 1911.  

Given the state of HK and Glock I wonder why they dont jump on the 1911 bandwagon too.     You know the universe will implode when Glock introduces their model 1911 at the 2008 SHOT show.

Btw my newest 1911 is a Springfield GI model.   Up to 2600+ rounds through it now without a hiccup of any sort.   All stock and with a variety of ammo including my cast lead reloads.   I only spent $400 on the gun NIB.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I can give three right now. The 1911 feels better in my hand, it points much better than both the Glock and the H&K and has a much better trigger than either.

But then, what do I know, my 1911 only cost $600 dollars and it works. I guess I need to spend twice as much money and get a gun that needs to go back to the factory.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude you didnt pay much attention in english class did you.

Paragraphs and whole sentences are your friend.

ETA:  More then ............. are allowed as punctuation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree. It's why I'll never own another Kimber. However, it illustrates that no amount of $$ guarantees a reliable pistol. Ever. But, some guns are inherently more reliable due to their execution and design.

A BMW M3 is a road car, same as a Camry. I could understand the analogy if it was comparing race guns to Indy cars.

A BMW is a german-built, race-inspired roadster, a Camry is a japanese commuter car. Totally different animal. If you don't understand how these cars are different, why one is probably more reliable than the other, then you'll never understand why it's typical of a tuned, fitted custom gun to be more squirelly than a $400, loose combat-accurate Glock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#19]

I can give three right now. The 1911 feels better in my hand, it points much better than both the Glock and the H&K and has a much better trigger than either.

But then, what do I know, my 1911 only cost $600 dollars and it works. I guess I need to spend twice as much money and get a gun that needs to go back to the factory.

Ill grant you can get a nice trigger-pull out of 1911 you cant out of Glock.

"points better" is subjective and certainly debatable.

the other poster talked about "double stack polymer 45s being too big for his hands"......well, "Duhh", they make single stack 45s in polymer frame, ....Glock 36 (and soon a large frame model),..and others.

90% of the people that own a 1911 OVER A GLOCK IS:

A: they think glocks are plastic ugly black crap that you cant "customize as much" as a 1911.

B: "Dad/Grandpa" had a 1911, so, i will too.

C: petty Nostalgia

try shooting 6000 rounds uncleaned thru your 1911 and then throwing it in the mud and rinsing it off in the river and expect it to shoot like a GLOCK will.

Or did you FORGET that the "1911 championship"  (what year was it?) wasnt won with a 1911, but with a GLOCK
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

the other poster talked about "double stack polymer 45s being too big for his hands"......well, "Duhh", they make single stack 45s in polymer frame, ....Glock 36 (and soon a large frame model),..and others.

A: they think glocks are plastic ugly black crap that you cant "customize as much" as a 1911.

try shooting 6000 rounds uncleaned thru your 1911 and then throwing it in the mud and rinsing it off in the river and expect it to shoot like a GLOCK will.

Or did you FORGET that the "1911 championship"  (what year was it?) wasnt won with a 1911, but with a GLOCK

But I don't throw my gun in mud, or shoot thousands of rounds without cleaning, and I don't rinse it off in a river. I don't do it with my 1911, my Sig, or my Glock.

If you'll quit being a loudmouth and criticizing long enough, you'll find that people here who use 1911's do so for a good reason, and it's not because Grampa had one or because they don't think plastic can handle it.

I have owned all of the guns that have been mentioned in this thread, and the only one I don't still own is the H&K, because I disliked it so much. I still prefer a 1911. I do carry my Glock sometimes, like right now, but the 1911 is my go-to gun. I have over two thousand rounds without a problem, much to the disbelief of many who seem to think you can shoot a whole mag out of a 1911 without a jam. In fact, I've owned three 1911s, and fired thousands of rounds without more than 2 or 3 jams.

And Glock still doesn't have a single stack fullsize firearm. Maybe it's going to be introduced the same time as the carbine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Took the words right out of my mouth!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ha Ha!

Whatever....  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#23]
shit happens
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]

I have owned all of the guns that have been mentioned in this thread, and the only one I don't still own is the H&K, because I disliked it so much. I still prefer a 1911. I do carry my Glock sometimes, like right now, but the 1911 is my go-to gun. I have over two thousand rounds without a problem, much to the disbelief of many who seem to think you can shoot a whole mag out of a 1911 without a jam. In fact, I've owned three 1911s, and fired thousands of rounds without more than 2 or 3 jams.

And Glock still doesn't have a single stack fullsize firearm. Maybe it's going to be introduced the same time as the carbine.

Im not slamming 1911s, ive owned many, i loved customizing them, it was a great fun,... if  colt still made GOOD 1911s, id love to own another bright stainless 1911 again , but they dont.

However the Striker-fire Glock system, as a combat weapon with next-to-none reliability has superceeded 1911s and others by a long shot....not to mention mag capacity.

Glock is almost ready to introduce its LARGE FRAME single stack .45, i forget the model number theyre calling it, but its coming out this year or next,

If glock makes a carbine, im not buying one......it would take GOD to make something better/more versitile than an AR15 is.

just cause Glock is "GOD" in the handgun market, doesnt mean they can shitcan the AR15, .....thats a MILLION to ONE bet against glock INC..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Too much Koolaid.   You're a fool if you think glocks are the uber reliable pistol.   I qualify twice a year with my agency and I cannot recall a single time when a glock hasnt malfunctioned on the line.   We only shoot an average of 6 at a time and a 100 round qualification course.   That's a mean time between failure of LESS than 1 in 600 rounds.    I dont find that as spectacular reliability.   Sure deputies probably dont clean and lube their pistols as often as a recreational shooter but it goes to show folks like you are completely full of shit.  

Find a police range officer in a glock agency who'll refute that they see malfunctions on the range from whatever cause.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My Les Baer has been through worse. Try firing several thousand rounds in sand and muck mixed with salt water..

And yet it functioned just fine.

Try again, sparky.

A good 1911 is simply a superb handgun. Reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot.

I have owned at least one of almost everything. I pack a 1911. After years of experimentation and tens of thousands of rounds, the choice was clear.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I had a BMW 325i, it was the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. I was at the dealership so many times, that the service manager recognized me standing at a crowded bar, came over and bought me a drink. 33 times in 3 years of ownership. Thank God the Toyota will never be a BMW!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you trained by SgtAR15?

You do have to wonder
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys have fallen for another sigandglocks thread.

Oops. I posted in this maelstrom of idiocy too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#31]
This guy is a real piece of work.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This guy is a real piece of work.

hell even i am on the troll bandwagon here. This guy has gun shop commando written all over him.

He already admitted in the "I own 36 Glocks" thread that he has worked at gun shops.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Too much Koolaid.   You're a fool if you think glocks are the uber reliable pistol.   I qualify twice a year with my agency and I cannot recall a single time when a glock hasnt malfunctioned on the line.   We only shoot an average of 6 at a time and a 100 round qualification course.   That's a mean time between failure of LESS than 1 in 600 rounds.    I dont find that as spectacular reliability.   Sure deputies probably dont clean and lube their pistols as often as a recreational shooter but it goes to show folks like you are completely full of shit.  

Find a police range officer in a glock agency who'll refute that they see malfunctions on the range from whatever cause.

I am a police range master in a Glock agency.

Prior to that we carried Beretta 92FS, and prior to that whatever the officer could qual with.  

I agree there have been malfunctions.   For the Glocks, they are rare, far more than any other firearms we have had.

The only malfunctions we have had were as a result of bad ammo.  

When using the required factory ammo, no problems have been encountered.

My personal issued glock has no malfunctions whatsoever in over 5000 plus rounds.

My off duty Glock 9mm M26 has approx. 1500 rounds now, no malfunctions.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Glock Block.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#36]
This thread would be going to hell in a handbasket, but we're fresh out of handbaskets!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I bought a brand new $1300 Sig "factory tuned/hand built" P229S and had the front sight blade fall out after about 100 rounds. I took it back to the store where I bought it and they said "our gunsmith can fix that in a minute". They bring the gun down and the "gunsmith" simply beat the shit out of the compensator to peen the sight-blade in. I was in disbelief that someone could be so stupid. I told them I was not accepting it and I wanted it sent back to Sig to have a new compensator fitted to the barrel. The owner was very apologetic and sent it back to Sig at no charge to me.

I get the gun back in a few weeks and notice that the slide won't close all the way for the last 1/8 inch without a little assistance. I tell the owner and he says to shoot it and see if it loosens up. 200 rounds later, the slide still won't close without a little bump on each round. Sig had clearly installed the new compensator with too tight of tolerance. Obviously they never checked it after installation on my "factory tuned/hand built" gun.

Back to Sig it goes and they get it right this time.

I own about 6 other Sigs and have never had a problem with any of them except for a P245 mag issue (which Sig corrected with a new redesigned mag follower).

In all honesty, I think part of the issue is poorly trained American workers and crappy quality control in the USA portion of the assembly. I have two old German-made Sig pistols and the quality of those is CLEARLY superior to the new American Sigs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#38]
"Of all the gun we see here, the one that works the most is the GLOCK."
                                                                         -Clint Smith
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes, anything can happen, even a $100,000 Lotus Car can crap-out...blah blah.

However, i bought a Sig Sport 220, with tax, it was near $1300.00 (picture of it in bottom of picture below of my SIG collection).........

took it the range.....10 shots. ....great...... then, pull trigger, NOTHING......what,  what the hell, what, am i deluded? what.... pull trigger again.....nothing, again, nothing nothing...

Im VERY skilled with handguns (especially my glocks), take the grip plate off, thinking the one Failable part in a Sig, the triggerbar spring slipped off, or broke......nope, its fine......crap!!!!

i try again...ive got the trigger BURRIED and then some, ....hammer wont fall...........@#&@!!!!  and this is the "CUSTOM TUNED, DELUXE FACTORY SIG".......ergo the $1300.00 price tag!!!!

call sig, they tell me, "hehehe, sounds like a rookie in Germany did TOO much polishing on the internals.....send it back"..............

nothing like a $1300 "custom" "Inspected by the German Gurus" "DELUXE" 220 .45ACP SPORT that wont fire when you pull the trigger......... what a pisser, ...i cussed for a week.

www.neoplatonist.com/sig.jpg

Ouch!! You need a hug buddy?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Just think you could have bought 3 more glocks for the price of that Sig!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a Glock 30 break on me once.  My SIGs never have.

Consider your post nullified by my opposing experience.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No flame intended, but you really don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#43]
How did a post about a Sig Sport turn into a 1911 vs Glock thread?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
How did a post about a Sig Sport turn into a 1911 vs Glock thread?

The guy who started the thread turned it into one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#45]
OH SCHNAPPP!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#46]
My $300 Sig SP2009 has about 5,000 rounds through it with one malfunction which I attributed to a new shooter limp wristing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Unpeemp zee troll account.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"hehehe, sounds like a rookie in Germany did TOO much polishing on the internals.....send it back"..............

nothing like a $1300 "custom" "Inspected by the German Gurus"

Fascinating.

Especially since the SIG factory is in Neuhausen am Rheinfall, Switzerland.

Not Germany.

Don't confuse the kid with facts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top