Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:03:50 PM EDT
I'm starting to play guitar again after quite a few years off. After leaving the band I was in I was pretty burnt out on music and just pretty much stopped playing. Starting up again and still have most of my equipment but I'd like a new classical guitar and wanted a place to do a little research. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:15:01 PM EDT
Hey hey!

I just picked up my first guitar two weeks ago, so I've been looking too. Put a thread about it over at www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=448314

Cyberfret.com seems to be fairly nice, with a lot of sections and tips and stuff. (probably not the best thing for a returning vet -- but since "Yankee Doodle" is still technically challenging for me...) Harmonycentral.com was OK.

I really haven't found much for tabs that were clearly laid out or intelligible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:34:16 PM EDT

www.musicianforums.com/

The site has changed since the last time I was there, apparently they've changed or upgraded forum software.

(Yep, I checked Archive.org, and it's the one I remember.)

Jim
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 8:38:18 PM EDT by KS_Physicist]
p.s.--My godin is electric, but I hear their acoustics are fantastic even in professional playing. Check 'em out. www.seagullguitars.com/intro.htmThey make Seagull too--very well respected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:22 PM EDT
Lots of feedback on different guitars. Find the make and model you're interested in.

www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/#man
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
Thanks guys. :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:18 PM EDT
OK, found it. Cordoba 45r. Went to Guitar Center to try out some different ones. Was going to buy something a tad cheaper but this sounded better than just about everything else in the room. Very sweet full tone. Came with a humidifier case. So far very happy with it. :)

Red cedar top and ebony fingerboard.

Beautiful rosewood back and cedar neck.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:17:35 PM EDT
My brother plays and he goes to this one a lot:

www.hugeracksinc.com/board/

Brian
Top Top