Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
I actually didn't even notice the tractor, but it was pulling a trailer down I-44 that caught my eye. At first it looked like a spotter/yard tractor with a trailer lifted way up, but the trailer was built like that. Real high in the front, and only one axle at the very back end. The tires looked to be even with the back of the trailer.
It was going the opposite direction, so I didn't have a chance to get a company name or anything.

Anybody have any idea what the purpose is for such a strange trailer?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I like pie!

but seriously, this thread is useless without pics.

its probably a special purpose trailer custom made, or a ramp for Chuck Norris to jump his 1969 Camaro SS over railroad cars while getting road head from a chick. thats all the possibilities i can come up with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen those types hauling plastic pellets(for molding into plastic grills on autos). There is one parked out front of the Guardian trim plant in Morehead KY(used for advertising the maker of the trailer).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen them around here to they say Burbank grease on the side don't know what they do but I know what your talking about. Any other questions feel free to ask.....because I know everything
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds alot like a mud trailer(drilling mud).The mud trailers are built like that so when dropped from the truck they lay flat on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Google Burbank Grease and you'll see what they are for they collect and process grease in the food industry
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw an interesting thing yesterday.  Some guy had taken the frame and bed of a Ford Pickup, like an old F150.  Crudly bent the front of the frame to a point, and welded a trailer hitch to it.

He was towing it with his Dodge Ram.

So he had a pickup, towing the ass end of another pickup.  Both beds were loaded down with crap.  He made his own trailer out of an old Ford truck.  Brilliant!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw an interesting thing yesterday.  Some guy had taken the frame and bed of a Ford Pickup, like an old F150.  Crudly bent the front of the frame to a point, and welded a trailer hitch to it.

So he had a pickup, towing the ass end of another pickup.  Both beds were loaded down with crap.  He made his own trailer out of an old Ford truck.  Brilliant!

sorry i have to ask.... youve NEVER seen this before?!?!?! where ya been hiding? welcome out from under that rock!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry i have to ask.... youve NEVER seen this before?!?!?! where ya been hiding? welcome out from under that rock!

Guess I'm too much of a city slicker.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]

I guess those things are all over the place around here. Some even find the same model/color as the pulling pickup so that the trailer matches. They make great trailers for going to the dump and feeding round bales to cattle given the proper rack.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess so. I see them every day. I knew a guy who made a pop-up camper out of one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds alot like a mud trailer(drilling mud).The mud trailers are built like that so when dropped from the truck they lay flat on the ground.

+1 Its either that or a job site mobile office trailer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Google didn't find any pics of one, but thanks for the answers everyone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Did it look like this?

Frac Tank

The front end would be lifted up when attached to a tractor.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#14]
That's it EOD! I'd never seen anything like that before, in all my 47 years.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#15]
IBNT

We had a bunch of them near a contruction site near here.  Something to do with water for the site.  Company name was "instant rain" or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IBNT

We had a bunch of them near a contruction site near here.  Something to do with water for the site.  Company name was "instant rain" or something like that.

Probably "Rain for Rent."

Those types of tank are used for temporary collection or storage of various liquids.  They are only filled when on the customer's site and are not transported on the highway while loaded.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top